Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Poll What is a reasonable time to farm 10x q3 mage bags?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Copperfield, Apr 16, 2020.

?

What is reasonable time?

1. <1 hour

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. from 2 till 5 hours

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  3. 5 hours to 10 hours

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. 10 hours and above

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. Kantor

Kantor Black Knight
    Prosperous Contributor Legend

I know it always has been is what I was trying to get at.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    The Red King likes this.
  2. Volfen

Volfen Celestial
    Staff Member Developer Loyal Legend

I would put it closer to 45-50k (90 enchanting mats, r60 weapon, blackbolt, regs, 2-3 fp pieces, crappy bow) for a mage bag. 60-70k per hour is pretty low when there are a bunch of mobs that drop 20-40k worth of stuff in one kill and they take 4-6 minutes to kill.

3. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

Hey, if you want to make a bunch of viable bag, you can easily mass on r50 GS, r50 daggers. R60 is not the minimum at all.

I don't know where you guys got that from. It's always been r50 minimum.

Conqueror likes this.
  4. Volfen

Volfen Celestial

I only use r50s in suicide/troll bags. It's uncommon for me to run into people with r50s except in lawful villages where secondary equipment that drops on death is typically garbage (Mages will have a good cobra and terrible bow/weapon sometimes).

5. Conqueror

Conqueror Goblin Warrior

Why do you need to have 10 jb's?

6. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

To the OP, to make 10 viable q3 bags, you need to farm for 2 hours. You need this amount of gold

--- Post updated ---
    That's because r60's are easy to find at the market. I buy 10 of them when ever i run out of R60's personally. They're not too overpriced.

And personally, i use R50 for suicide bags too mostly. Reason 1, i have so much r50 in my bank. Reason 2, R60's are all full dura due to the simple fact that daggers are the only melee weapon you use/break in pve. So r60's never break unless you duel a lot.

#46 Scrapnotcrap, Apr 20, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    Conqueror likes this.
  7. Conqueror

Conqueror Goblin Warrior

Not sure about the rest of you guys, but as a new player I ran around with bone sets, blackbolts and R50s until I was confident I could survive and support better equipment. Better equipment is more expensive, more rare and harder to farm for a reason, and currently there is so much of it floating you can buy it all like scrapnotcrap said above.

The goal should be returning the game to the DFO baseline of R50 bonesets, not increasing the minimum amount of required gear to leave your city. I used to have fun in a FP chest piece and blackbolt/r50. You don't need the best gear, and if you aren't already the best you shouldn't worry about the best gear, because when you are good enough, you'll loot it from one of the people with millions in their bank.

Scrapnotcrap likes this.
  8. Volfen

Volfen Celestial

I remember using mostly full bone with like q2-3 feathered plate helmets and scale pants for budget bags. FP chest was a thing because mobs dropped them left and right but they don't anymore, that's probably why we never see the fabled fp chest outfit nowadays.

Conqueror likes this.