Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

what is mediation?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shredz, May 5, 2017.

1. Shredz

Shredz Dire Zombie

Every starting video for new players say start mediation right away but they dont explain what it is..?

I plan on playing an Mirdian focusing on archery/meele if that matters.

also, i promise you i google this shit before wasting your time.

KingLlama and Fengor like this.
  2. Bloodscar

Bloodscar Cairn Giant
    Legend

Meditation is a system that allows for passive leveling both offline and online. When you get into game and do some of the beginning tasks you earn meditation points (they can also be purchased with gold at a 1:1 ratio). You can go to your Journal and on the right side select Meditation - in there you will find a list of all abilities you have and you will be able to select one to start leveling up passively as you are online or offline.

It is recommended to start leveling something up asap to help speed up the leveling process.

KingLlama and Fengor like this.
  3. Wes Furtive

Wes Furtive Obsidian Golem
    Legend

upload_2017-5-4_19-10-24.png

So this is accessed through your journal and it levels up either skills or stats, whichever you choose, passively while you play. You can earn meditation points by doing your tasks and completing quests. Most people suggest boosting stats but it's all preference. @Shredz

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Fengor likes this.
  4. Shredz

Shredz Dire Zombie

awesome guys..
    WES luv the videos!!!

As a archery/meele mirdain any stats i should focus first?

Fengor and Wes Furtive like this.
  5. Lakisuria_Moonglade

Lakisuria_Moonglade Varangian Warthane
    Legend

In my experience you will want to boost your stats up to 50 in order of Quickness>Vit>Str>Dex>Int>Wis then from there you can focus more on Quickness-Vit-Str or Dex to 75.

If you feel you will rely more on archery you can prioritize dex, for melee it's str, and vit and quickness are just good to have high as it makes your general experience more fluid and sustained as vit increases your hp while quickness increases your attack speed and stamina.

--

The reason to still have int and wisdom at least up to 50 is that mana and spell effectiveness affects your transfers and heals. So it's a good idea to give your self some breathing room at least for that to help manage your health, stamina and mana bars better.

#5 Lakisuria_Moonglade, May 5, 2017
    Last edited: May 5, 2017
    Mac_The_Kraken likes this.
  6. Wes Furtive

Wes Furtive Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Thanks man :)

I'll personally be going Intelligence to 75 first because I want Archmage asap but Quickness to 50 is a good route too. You can get the Endurance skill at 50 Quickness which boosts your passive stamina regen.

KingLlama likes this.
  7. Liverbest Gibs

Liverbest Gibs Spellgazer
    Hero

Mediation is when a 3rd party steps in to try to resolve a conflict. It doesn't happen too often in Darkfall politics because there is no governing body. Darkfall leaders tend to extend conflicts until they burn themselves out. Mediation often occurs when a house is traded in the form of a "middle man". Sometimes a mediator will hold the winnings of a wager duel and help to decide the winner. Overall, mediation has some limited applications within Darkfall, but it's not something a new player need worry about.

Ylahoto, Fenris and Taloc like this.
  8. Thubub

Thubub Goblin Shaman
    Legend

I see what you did there.

9. rikilii

rikilii Celestial

Mediation is a form of alternative dispute resolution.

What's that have to do with ROA?