Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

What is Roa like now

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cruza, Sep 23, 2017.

1. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

No I don't.

I'd have 320 ping to the servers for a game which they've made changes I don't like.

I'm going by what the devs have stated in their posts.

It's pretty clear their intention is to force people into roles.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. SomeBK

SomeBK Infernal
    Legend

Thanks. Grain of salt taken

3. kingp43

kingp43 Goblin Shaman
    Hero

Wow, all of those rules for mages in ND sound great honestly.

Ya, shame people cant be armored out mages, that sounds way better. /s Oh wait, that's exactly how this game is. It's a big drawback IMO.

4. gatorsmash

gatorsmash Crypt Guard
    Legend

says I wish "they would do this" with mages, which they did, they complain about it in the very next sentence.

I imagined you typed that out with tourette's

/20% thing ? not in game

5. The Cannibal

The Cannibal Akathar

Dead

Beasty, Prodigy_Burn and Fengor like this.
  6. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Stop embarrassing yourself.

You dont know what the fuck you are talking about. Literally everything you just posted is inaccurate

I'm not about to shill for New Dawn here, but im not going to let you ignorantly and arrogantly talk shit about it either

7. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

Maybe your reading comprehension isn't that great. But the way I suggested reducing the amount of armor a mage can wear is not how they've done it in ND.

They are two completely different things.

I'm not going to sit here and explain why if you can barely read anyway.

8. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

Well isnt that a big giant pile of poo...

9. coltaine

coltaine Goblin Warrior

Low population? let's let everybody without sub or well known RoA bashers post in the forum and talk about how great is ND... seriosuly... what a bad marketing practice

Yeah, my thoughts exactly, community is pure shit.

Arkanis and MikeJT like this.
  10. MULQ

MULQ Goblin Warrior

Letting only subscribers post would make it painfully obvious just how few people are left. Not a good idea either.

It's a lose-lose situation and the community and BPG only have themselves to blame. You listened to the wrong people and now even those people are not interested anymore.

EDIT: There are still things that can be done to save the game but I have not seen them planned or even mentioned by the devs so not holding my breath.

about0 likes this.
  11. Cincere

Cincere Dire Zombie
    Hero

I remember how all this went down a few years ago.. Bashing AV about Unholy wars... Getting a license... Claims of 10k subscribers... Completely ruining it for Unholy wars to the point of shutting it down. L M A O. Here we are 2 years later... I think I have actually seen more people wishing we still had unholy wars or wishing bpg got a liscense to that.

Do you guys even remember who the two main people rooting and claiming this will succeed? Where are they now?

In my opinion.. the way it all unfolded.. was like.."lets get av back by getting unholy wars shut down.. get a license and bring back DFO (A game in which everyone quit once"

How much was that license?

Who is laughing now?

12. Catorino

Catorino Crypt Guard
    Legend

BPG removed the content that made DFO populated, not the players fault that Destlocke is a dev, he never liked the chambers or what they did to the game <insert link to one in hundreds of posts from DFO forum> and therefore we now have nothing to do in the game at all, no value in holdings, no content.

"Small clans should be allowed to have holdings" this single line of retardation basically killed the game.

about0 likes this.
  13. Cincere

Cincere Dire Zombie
    Hero

By saying bpg removed the content that made DFO populated is absolute retardation. PERIOD

People quit this game after original dfo beta... and during eu.. BEFORE NA launch LONG AGO. When DFO server were split between eu and na.. that's when it really got bad. Sure there was still about 500 players playing on na and I seem to recall at that time eu had less and they were bitching almost immediately about population after na launch. So to say bpg ruined the population by that one change is not true.

This version never even saw the population so many THOUGHT we would see.

This game died a long time ago... and those that played it are stuck in remembrance on how fun it was when there was 10k players on one server and you could go to almost any spawn and kill people with no problem. When we did that that in eu launch.. people started dropping like flies because groups camped the spawns near racial cities and no one had a chance to really explore other areas of the game because people don't like wasting their time getting ganked and losing all their shit. Sure.. you think its niche game.. ect ect... Real niche game alright.

But of course I am wrong... Like many of you say...

I was there.. in comms... I know very well what happened. Long before unholy wars.

What makes you think people are gonna come back to grief fall? Especially 10 years later?

14. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

EU launch was very populated because it had years of hype for developer lies. It's honestly not fair to consider those numbers. AV saying a player could "do anything" and such. NA launch had a very large population, not as large as EU launch, but it was sizable.
    --- Post updated ---
    Also NA Launched:
    • 13th July 2009
    Portal Chambers Launched:
    • 1st April 2010

That's 8.5 months after NA launch before Portal Chambers were added.

(Source)

Fengor and Sero like this.
  15. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

Portal chambers were not in on launch.

If you think portal chambers improved population in any way you're sadly mistaken.

The only "feature" BPG removed that kept people playing is a massivr grind that kelt horrible poopsockers at the top of the kill board for months with plenty of easy kills.

16. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

upload_2017-9-27_21-41-16.gif upload_2017-9-27_21-41-16.gif upload_2017-9-27_21-41-17.gif upload_2017-9-27_21-41-17.gif

this guy is actually insane. lolololololol.

Fengor, RootedOak and The Cannibal like this.
  17. SomeBK

SomeBK Infernal
    Legend

Right, the OP is clearly getting paychecks from Ub3r to come market on a dead forum. What a terrible use of funds. Almost as bad as spending funds on different staves only to find out the original is still the best, spend money on a scroll system only to ramp up player progression making it obsolete. So yes, I agree it's a bad way to spend money but the bar was set pretty low.

Especially now that "titles" are being introduced (copy more).

18. TheGodKing

TheGodKing Goblin Warrior

I wish unholy wars would come back. Was a great game only ruined by ignorant dfo vets

19. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

if it was such a great game (which is a fucking joke) then darkfall "vets" couldnt have ruined it. it died because it was a shit game that had half the shit dfo did and people still say dfo has no content.

Uw was like dividing by zero.

about0, Fengor, Mycke and 1 other person like this.
  20. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

Exactly they took a flawed incomplete game and made it a less flawed less complete game.