Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

What is the big deal about zerging???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lee-5709, Mar 19, 2019.

1. DeadlyHit

DeadlyHit Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

Ah yes lets compare apples to oranges

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Zerging is quite simply boring, both getting zerged and doing the zerging. Even fights are also no fun if there skill difference is to high for either side. The only reason to zerg is to get free loot / protect your own gear.

There is also no skill involved in just zerging some1 down, so the zerg will never improve and always have to rely on zerging. If people want to get better at the game, which I believe every1 other than jman does and any1 who says otherwise is just lieing / making excuses for being shit, they will have to stop zerging and actually try to win at close to even numbers.

Most people will eventually get bored of zerging / getting zerged if it keeps happening and eventually quit. However getting stomped / stomping is boring to.

If you have 10 people and they have 3 people, but there 3 people are good players and your 10 are average players, maybe try sitting 5 people out and have a 3v5, I am sure that will be more enjoyable for both sides and that way both side would have a chance to win.

The Red King, Sero and Sameog like this.
  3. Fenris

Fenris Celestial
    Hero

Awaken my child, and embrace the glory that is your birthright.
    Know that I am the Overmind; the eternal will of the Swarm, and that you have been created to serve me. Behold that I shall set you amongst the greatest of my Cerebrates, that you might benefit from their wisdom and experience. If ever your flesh should fail, that flesh shall be made anew. That is my covenant with all Cerebrates.

Fengor and JasperHawkins like this.
  4. GoodDoggie

GoodDoggie Earth Elemental

Getting zerged is not fun.

Zerging is not fun.

Zerging is not pvp, its literally running down people who have absolutely no way of fighting back.

This added to the fact that the game is dead, and nothing matters, holdings are worthless and everyone has a full bank of a gear, the question is what are you zerging for?

Zerging is antifun, and you get nothing for doing it because everything is worthless, so youre killing any possibility of fun in the game for nothing.

Bonii, MikerotchBAGFACE and Sameog like this.
  5. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Says the kid in legion alliance.

Euchre likes this.
  6. GoodDoggie

GoodDoggie Earth Elemental

the only pvp in the game at this point is duels, doesnt really matter what clan one is in.

I'm always solo outside sieges catch me at leenspar or riding around niffle for chaos chests.

7. Synna

Synna Black Knight
    Legend

How is it different?

8. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Infernal
    Supporter

talking about the stupid 2 vs 18 comparison in basketball? In organized sports, they have things called leagues and divisions, so that people who have played the game for 10 years competitively don't face off against 9 year olds just figuring out the game.

Darkfall doesn't have any division of player level like that, which a lot of the vets love because they get the satisfaction of winning "fair fights" against new players that are fair in number.

Battle Smurf and Sameog like this.
  9. Raap

Raap Gravelord

I will not win popularity score for saying this but I'll say it: This has nothing to do with PvP, but everything to do with culture, specifically American culture.

Over the past 2 weeks (as well as my past experiences on NA servers in both DF and other games), I have seen a consistent pattern and also had it confirmed by a large number of people within the game that there is a very strong "win no matter what" mentality plaguing RoA, which is also a key factor in the high level of toxicity here.

The concept of "fair play" is much less relevant here, clans are not all out for good fights, most truly only want to win and see that as the only relevant metric to keep track of, and not how it is achieved. If presented with the option to zerg someone down, most RoA players will not even think about it and zerg as if it is normal. If presented with the option to dramatically out-gear opponents, most will just do it without giving it a second thought.

This mentality - or culture - differs significantly from my EU experiences where people very regularly stop to ask themselves "Hey, we're more than them, anyone want to take them in a fair fight?". This is also why on EU servers, gigantic zerg alliances were a much more uncommon sight and often only occurred when a certain leader managed to inspire such an alliance by providing a good reason for making it, typically this was to fight an 'elitist' clan, although occasionally a herd was formed by a large group of safety-in-numbers-minded players, but these never lasted long (and usually got culled because they were unhealthy for the game in their own ways).

There is no easy fix. It would have to take a collective, server-wide effort to improve this. It would have to involve the big clans and alliances splitting into smaller groups and focus on improving themselves, which doesn't happen when all you do is zerg and out-gear people at low level mob spawns.

10. JasperHawkins

JasperHawkins Infernal
    Loyal Legend

Don't have time to read the rest of the the thread at the moment, but rhubarb is literally a sour ditch weed that tastes ok if you put it in a pie with strawberries with like 20 pounds of sugar. Thats probably one of the best proverbs I have ever heard.

Sero likes this.
  11. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Infernal
    Supporter

I played on New Dawn, with euro's, against other euro's.

What the fuck are you talking about? There was just as much "zerging" and crying about "zerging" on the EU server as there is on the NA server.

Lincoln Hawk, Inkarnation and Fengor like this.
  12. Synna

Synna Black Knight
    Legend

Thats a big assumption. I haven't been competitive in darkfall in some time (life), but i once was, and when i was i didn't want to play against, or even with shitters, fighting against them is boring because i had no chance to lose, and playing with them is just frustrating. I've played in small groups (solo-5man) and big groups (redemption, blackwater, doa) so I've experienced both worlds very well, have you?

#32 Synna, Mar 20, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    MikerotchBAGFACE likes this.
  13. MikerotchBAGFACE

MikerotchBAGFACE Varangian Warthane

How can you say its american culture, look at the history of cheating in the Olympics specifically the lengths the Russians went just to try and portray an image lol. Cheating in the Olympics is about as dumb as cheating in a video game for ego because you're a small little man.

#33 MikerotchBAGFACE, Mar 21, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  14. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

I played DND for a couple months and it is a complete zerg fest, pretty much every1 just fights with every1 they have no matter the numbers, I once attacked a Rats in the hats guy 1v1 and he ran away from into 10-15 of his clan m8s and they just all attacked me at once, its completely shameless over there, I didn't care though, I just stickyed them noobs with my 30 ping lol.

15. Hectic Stahli

Hectic Stahli Skeleton Archer

haahahHAHAHAH. EU shitlords are almost as bad as the Chinese in terms of not blinking twice about their actions. The reason EU alliances are not huge zergs as often is because of the language barrier. Plus EU players have some of the most loud, brash, and annoying personalities to play with. So I can see why having more than 20 of them in one channel would steer them away from one another.

I mean shit, if you walk 50 feet in one direction you might enter another country that hates your guts based on your homelands history. Its true some countrymen can't get along no matter what lol.

16. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Americans are far more annoying than any other race.

17. Synna

Synna Black Knight
    Legend

You must have some pretty limited life experience

Fengor and Sero like this.
  18. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Cairn Giant
    Legend Streamer Contributor

Have u met the Brazilians?! @tonnirs

19. KoKane

KoKane Celestial

@Op

You are correct. But it's a very old-school outlook.

The community can sometimes easily get confused about the type of game they are playing.
    Some will have you believe it should be an arena combat simulator.
    Some will have you believe it is an MMO.

It is an MMO.

One thing you should know going forward here, is that the most vocal within the community are probably the least fit to represent the playerbase. And on that note, some here have actively tried to push an agenda where this game be changed into an arena style game, complete with E-Sports and online gambling/betting (lmfao).

The same people complain about low population are the same ones who will complain when a higher population interferes with their preferred playstyle.
    Insecurity meets entitlement under a mushroom cloud of ignorance.

And there are also people who subscribe to, log in to, and play, MMO's... just to ask for 1v1's all day.
    Which is fine.. but they'll actively try to push development towards small minded and short term fixes/changes through aggressive suggestions and vocal campaigns on the forums/discord.

In time you'll start to see who they are, and you might notice they're related to what you've posted in the OP. So don't worry about it

#39 KoKane, Mar 22, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    Thrill Kill likes this.
  20. Lincoln Hawk

Lincoln Hawk Fire Elemental
    Legend

Except American isnt a race.

Im from the UK and played with EU and NA players, gimme NA players all day long.