Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

What is the big deal about zerging???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lee-5709, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

In my experience Americans like to think of themselves as a race, if that is how they identify =0, that is how I will treat them as.

I have been to a lot of different countries (although not America) and met a lot of different races including Americans they were always the loudest and most obnoxious people I have met.

They also come across that way online, its funny how arrogant they are and how so many of them claim to be the greatest country in the world when they are failing in so many aspects, and lets not forget they elected trump, how does something like that even happen?

Even when DF1 had a bigger population, with many more people around you got a lot more smaller fights, RoA has just gone in a direction which caters to low population, so when the population starts to pick up it feels really zergy.

2. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Cairn Giant
    Legend Streamer Contributor

You should never lead off with "in my experience"

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Why not, all any1 can really talk about is their own experience with people. Other than that its just he said, she said.

4. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Cairn Giant
    Legend Streamer Contributor

Ofcourse but if you lead off with that statement its very off putting. I teach and lecture thousands of soldiers a year and uts just something I see other Instructors do that immediately invalidates their training percieved by others.

Slayven likes this.
  5. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Well if I said Americans like to think of themselves as a race it implies its fact, which I am not trying to claim.

6. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

I think the term zerging is overused badly, theres nothing inherently wrong with outnumbering your opponent to win. The issue is when so called "good players" who complain about being outnumbered intentionally outnumber you to win, while claiming to be superior players. The hypocrisy just stinks. Every clan does it, it's really become much more prevalent with the introduction of rune books and mostly instant teleport billboard villages. Every bank starer and city dweller comes for the zerg while before, they wouldn't be roaming with your smaller group and they would miss the fight. This happens in every clan.

It's really just a symptom of a problem, and the problem is too much fast travel. I liked the idea of rune books while thinking they would be limited to 1 runebook per character so you would run into people at your rune spots because you only had so many and people would try to find optimal rune spots near wilderness portals. Portal chambers were the solution to fast travel, and combined with wilderness portals and limited runebook slots, that is plenty of fast travel in a FFA conquest pvp mmo. Billboards are absolutely stupid, that has been the biggest plague on small scale pvp ever. Every dickhead who likes to sit safely in there city at all times can instantly port to a village to zerg people down at a moments notice.

Anyways, theres nothing inherently wrong with zerging, the problem is when good players zerg eachother instead of lesser skilled players using it as a valid tactic to win by numbers, IMO.

Slayven, Fengor, Mea Kulpa and 4 others like this.