Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

What to do with heads: Bounty system

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Lexendros, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Lexendros

Lexendros Infernal
    Legend

Bounties: (disclaimer... basically copying UO)

Keep in mind... this system is meant for the Darkfall meta (Aka, 3-5 months after launch depending on skill/stat gains)

Initiate a bounty system and be able to put a price on someone's head... and ONLY be able to turn it in in a blue capital city... But add stat loss to the bountied person depending on how high the gold value of is bounty is.

Mind blowing... I know, but hear me out:

So X player kills Y player... Y player is salted and puts (lvl 1 arbitrary exemplary number) gold bounty on X player. Now the lvl 1 bounty has been initiated and if it's fulfilled... not only will the person who turns it in get the gold... but the person who had their head turned in will receive -1 to all stats. But will experience no further stat loss until a new bounty is initiated.

Whoa... right?

Now say X person killed Y person... Y person puts the lvl 1 bounty on X person... but X person is still at large. X person continues to kill and acquires enough gold in his bounty to reach a lvl 2 bounty. Now if X person is killed and his head turned in... not only will that gold go to the turn-in person, but X person will receive -2 in all stats.

Holy crap. Thats devastating.

Let bounties reach up to a fifth level (some insane amount of gold has to be reached) and obviously make that bounty -5 in all stats.

Just chew on that for a moment.

Hard limits:

1: No bounties can be made on a character less than 3 months old.

2: A bounty can only be made on a character with at least 50 in all stats.

3: To make a bounty... the gold must come from your bank and be bought upfront via a browser similar to meditation and non-refundable. You have 5 minutes to initiate the bounty upon being ganked.

4: Stat-loss bounties can be initiated ONLY if Y player is killed by X player. Otherwise a regular bounty (without stat loss) can be initiated at any time and turned in for gold only with no stat-loss to the red player . (this is to prevent toxic griefing... because let's be honest, I'd put a stat-loss bounty on Dim Mok, Screww L00se, and the enitre clan of UDL every day I log in if there was no limitations to it).

5: Bounties can NOT be initiated by clan/party members on to another person in your clan/party.

6: Bounties can only be placed on red players by blue players. (maybe... still contemplating the possibilities).

7: More than one bounty can NOT be initiated on a person or by a person in a 48 hour time period.

8: No stat-loss bounty could be initiated if you were within the city/hamlet proximity system grid at time of death and gank.

9: Can NOT kill yourself and/or to turn in your own bounty.

10: A bounty can not be claimed by any character with under 50 in all stats, or less than three months old.

11:
    placeholder until I think of more limits.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #1 Lexendros, Aug 9, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    JasonDark and Fengor like this.
  2. johntrikone

johntrikone Undead Dwarf
    Legend

not a bad idea

3. dizmal

dizmal Goblin Warrior
    Hero

I dig it

4. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

I'd put a bounty on Screww Loose just for that haircut

Lexendros likes this.
  5. Radical Edward

Radical Edward Goblin Shaman
    Supporter

6. Quin Tessence

Quin Tessence Black Knight
    Legend

Id kill myself to claim my own bounty that someone else put on me...

any other ideas?

7. Lexendros

Lexendros Infernal
    Legend

Thanks troll.

Updating hard rules.
    --- Post updated ---
    Got myself a @Fengor like, awwwwww yeah.

Fengor likes this.
  8. Quin Tessence

Quin Tessence Black Knight
    Legend

Your welcome, but again I would just have a clan mate or alt claim my bounty and farm back the stat loss in a few days

The concept of putting a hit on someone doesn't apply to video games were you just respawn.

If they add a bounty system, that would be great, I just don't see people using it to get petty revenge, If your going to invest in harming the progression of other players there is already a few options now that are more effective like getting @WilliamTell to join their clan.

Honestly to get a system like this to work you would have to have a GM police the entire thing or just make it and not give a crap about people abusing it, I'm sure DnD will pull this off sooner or latter and have it backfire. :sweatsmile:

9. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

Would love to suggest something to expand this. Pikes to place heads in the world. Placing a head in front of your city would look awesome! And maybe something to pose the heads in your house or something.

10. Mc Nasty

Mc Nasty Obsidian Golem
    Legend

This would be cool if it didn't create to much lag.

The house idea would sweet if you had to farm a very rare taxidermy kit. Could only be used once but would mount the head and you could place in or outside a house. People would go nuts trying to farm that.

Spikes could also be farmed for cities but should decay at server down or it would eventually lag out the game.

11. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

Head keychains please. My bank is already starting to lag a little.