Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

What was your most memorable experience in DFO?

Discussion in 'Memory Lane' started by Rawr, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Rawr

Rawr Chosen of Khamset

Can't remember where the siege was but everybody knew me as "THE MERCHANT" in our guild/alliance. You need it I could find it for a good price. I was usually throwing people siege bags, in return they give me 1 siege back as "profit" ontop of the bag back, if they lost it oh well.

So for the first time in my DFO history, I had thrown on GEAR. I had on full plate with an infernal helm and an R60, I looked SO shiny (for the first time .... ever ) And all we had to do was camp the clanstone.

Didn't see much go on one small skirmish broke out and I was more or less cannon fodder, "Rawr go run at them all angry and see if they run away" .... yep they did. I was a destroyer so when they threw spells at me it tickled and I had 4 mages behind me throwing heals on me so I felt like a god.

Other than that a number of smaller experiences hanging out with people in chaos cities, killing fluffy for the first time (he ate so many of my mounts up to that point it was nice getting revenge on that jerk).

Oh and encountering the Kraken for the first time....

RAWWWWWWWWWWW *SMASH* blub blub blub

Rip...

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. June

June Goblin Scout

3. Copperfield

Copperfield Black Knight
    Legend

The first week when i played darkfall.. i finally had some full set of plate armor.. someone gave that me.

I was recalling somewhere in orkland.. and this dude popups.. WOF's me and ray me to death in 7 sec.. i was like wtf.

Remember the name aswell who did it too me.. it was niburu lol

and all the good fights i had with bob the builder. small scale.

4. Darkfall

Darkfall New Member

My journey to a wilderness bank with 3 safes in my backpack. I think I hid on a tree when a roaming group of players approached. :D

5. Death2u

Death2u Goblin Shaman
    Legend

Me in my 1 man clan hiring z5 to try and take bloodthorpe. Got out numbered 3 to 1.

Again solo using a boat to destroy alberworth walls then they spawned in about 5 boats and chased me for a good few hours.

When the game first lunched me, Dragon king, and ginger magician lived on the crescent moon island with a greek clan. We all chipped in with money and bought spider fang only to lose it a few days later by a sun zerg.

Living in Mohera with so soild skepta crew, ginger magician and ceily aliha, team speak was argument central.

Listening to ceily moan at dragon king because he spent months draining the mines at gulhat earning millions and not giving any back haha.

6. TaylorNox

TaylorNox Crypt Guard

Haha i remember living on the moon island when you and ginger were around

gf's :)

7. DAlonso

DAlonso Finance Lead
    Team Lead

I specially remember the small scale fights outnumbered.
    One of the best was near Tughri with Vordus Shadowsomething. We managed to kill 8 guys and we were only 2, the adrenaline was exploding. (There were some new players but was awesome).

My best one was when I killed 3 Russians myself after they did a bunny jump to catch my mount (XTeam was one of them) near Izkand.

And some of the last sieges we had as Furia the last months in Tirgam.

8. DeadlyHit

DeadlyHit Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

Having Ginger Magician tell me I was good #NeverForget #BringbackGinger

9. miasMa

miasMa Varangian Warthane
    Legend

The sieges at the end of Darkfall's life while I was in UDL vs. NME. They were some of the best sieges ever because it wasn't really politically driven and it wasn't a "we want to crush you or we quit" attitude, it was just for the fights and for fun really plus we wanted to see who was better. Specifically the Jeradan siege, was amazing and felt impossible to win but we came super close... Good times. It's too bad when this game comes up I probably won't have the pleasure of playing with most the guys I played with at the end of the game as a lot of us have went different ways such as leaving UDL, being a full-time streamer, RL taking priority, weird schedules etc. etc. etc.

If you stop by Type's stream if and once this game is licensed bug him to play :)

10. TaylorNox

TaylorNox Crypt Guard

Agreed - they were epic sieges and type definitely needs to come back.

11. Edar Surefoot

Edar Surefoot Goblin Warrior
    Legend

My most memorable moment would have to be the adventure me and my buddy dubbed "Grand Theft Mount". It all started when me and a clanmate, both of us new Mahirim players, decided to run to our clans newest holding on Yssam, Apautan. We mounted up and started heading out. along the way he lost his mount but told me to go on ahead of him to scout. I ended up losing my mount and we just both continued towards Yssam. I managed to get to orklands and bind and remount after getting lost for a bit so he ended up ahead of me also remounted. About halfway across the ocean he starts screaming something in voice comms about sharks and ends up on the other side mountless. Sadly by the time I could understand what he was talking about as he had gotten so excited I had already met the sharks and lost my mount. We both made it to Yssam but in completely different locations again without mounts. We kept heading towards Apautan seperately. Soon I started hearing fighting going on nearby and decided to sneak closer for a look and told him I was. I sneak up on two players who are fighting the Erodach near "fluffy"'s leash edge (I didn't know about fluffy yet). They were tanking it and fighting it with one on a battlehorn and the other guy healing it constantly then when it got really low health they would run off a bit and they would both start healing it. I watched this cycle for about 2 minutes then decided I was going to try something really stupid. I watched the rider jump off to heal it again and waited till it hit full health then sprinted between the two mounted up and started taking off. I kid you not there was about a 8-10 second delay like they were both thinking "Did that just happen?". Then the pursuit began. I was taking a lot of archery shots to my back but they were specifically avoiding shots where they might hit the battlehorn. Then the guy who had just been healing the mount suddenly spawns a snow leopard mount and starts riding after me, At this point I know i'm done for. Then the funniest thing happens, His teammate has been left far behind so its just me and him, or so I thought. Suddenly my clanmate says in comms. "OH MY GOD SOMEONE JUST DISMOUNTED RIGHT BESIDE ME" My clanmate had been hiding behind that tree when he heard me and my chaser coming. He mounted up and we both took off. Then....Fluffy appeared... Killed the guy chasing us then left us alone. I ganked the guy and looted him and we made our merry way to Apautan with fresh mounts. I still had that Battlehorn in my inventory the day the game shut down. I'll always remember the adrenaline rush and the sheer chance of my clanmate being there at just the right time, Not to mention Fluffy's intervention on our behalf. Cattboi Sin, if your out there just know I took care of that mount till the end of days!

-Edar Surefoot

12. Sandwitch meal

Sandwitch meal Goblin Warrior
    Legend

Crafting my first raft, and meeting the loves of my life Blackk Warhawk and Sameog Staunlow

13. helgrik

helgrik Infernal
    Legend

Without a doubt, had to be the time I was in Battlesaints clan living with the mighty Shadow Legionnaire clan out of Alberworth. We were a dwarf only clan living with pvp elite allies. I learned more in those short months about pvp than I did in the entirety of my darkfall existence . Played alongside Mobo Juju, Get Some, Vucar Dumat, Battlewall Stormfront, and Iron Warblood in Battlesaints and had the time of my life in gaming. Never again have I had so much fun in any game.

But it was x2 more fun because of our hosts. Alberworth got raided a lot and got to fight alongside some of the best pvpers in the game.

Flying Dutchmaster likes this.
  14. Action_Jackson

Action_Jackson Deadeye
    Hero

Stupid Question there were too many...

Defending Frostcoast vs a massive Zerg

Epic Ambush on Suns Siege Force

Mostly every day in Ts with the Linadri guys was so much fun

15. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor

On EU launch, I was playing my clan leader's character (You know, because you had to be one lucky persistent mother * to get the pre-order). He played a dwarf and was living out of human lands.

I remember exiting north from Copperdale and seeing a full party of alfars running over the hill towards me. They slaughtered everyone.

I was hooked.

16. Xipos<3

Xipos<3 Ghost
    Legend

Ganking crafters in NPC cities :lol:

Getting toasted 1000x times by the human lands dragon

Casting my first r90 nuke ever (inferno) after grinding for weeks on my alfar

First time trying to sail a ship

Stealing mounts from Hyperion in long march by ninjaing around the keep, then jumping down on people dismounting and steal their mount :lol:

Winning a 2v9 vs those "Le Clan Neanias" or w/e they were called, those guys hoarding houses in a village on that remote island

Using a double keened transmute bow to blast people down in a siege :lol:

Exploring all those awesome places in the game world, alot of interesting easter eggs around the world that I think not too many people knew about.

And in the end, all those random, unexpected and amazing 1v1 encounters out in the world, sort of connected with the point above. You decide to go to some random spawn just to check out the area of the map, and suddenly you see mob graves on the ground. And you see some guy looking right at you. And then shit hits the fan.

and countless others

17. EliPorter

EliPorter Goblin Warrior

A Small group of our guys hit Aradoth and like 30 something guys poured out.Had tons of fun kiting them and picking them off. We go to bank in Isturak and they managed to regroup and come and hit us. My character was fairly newer still at the time as i was leveling a new account but the teamwork we had coupled with a few guys portaling in led us to victory.

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6xc2s0lRS4
    Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok6iYh4mH9k different perspective and the second push when they came back after getting wiped for the second time.

18. Kalos

Kalos Varangian Warthane
    Legend

For me it was playing with Naughty Child. We would raid cities with just the two of us, even before NA transfers. We would die often, but the wins were victorious!

19. Fawley

Fawley Fire Elemental
    Legend

Definitely any seige that wasn't a complete lag fest or one sided as fuck. The strategy, coordination, action, and skill were very fun. No game I've played has had anything close to that.

20. Ulfang Blackmane

Ulfang Blackmane Skeleton Archer
    Hero

Incoming Sweetwater