Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

What would make you log in again? (veterans)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grimtide, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Be specific, don't just say "content".

Go.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

Meaningful clan based activities and reasons to fight other clans. Sieges just don't cut it because most of the time winning is detrimental to clan health and villages aren't worth it.

Tasks/quests that are both fun and worth doing. Daily/weekly tasks would go a long way to maintain a population but sadly tasks have been forgotten and ignored.

Better portals and more travel options. I miss runestones and portal chambers.

A developer team I can believe in.

3. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

I play everyday so I can't really say what would "bring me back" but system messages/portal chambers was like guaranteed pvp just passing by peoples holdings. I miss them both.

4. Epik Wang

Epik Wang Skeleton Archer
    Contributor Legend

I dont think anything would, i keep reading these forums hoping something has changed. Its just the same old darkfall with fun combat thats it.

If I were to see changes like you can trade on moving objects, or some other types of changes that arnt just tweeking a damage % # and being like look at this major change ! Look how much work we put into doing this!.

5. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

This is such a long term beef of practically everyone who's ever played Darkfall and spent more than 5 minutes on a ship.

I was surprised that Av never fixed it. The whole ships thing was so poorly done from the beginning.

Dixie Normus and l0st exile like this.
  6. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Local Banking with Global gold account like EvE
    Auction house markets likr EvE

Expanded Racial wars

Watch Towers that can be set up for territory control that can provide benefits to the owning clan such as a portion of the loot being taxed into a loot crate that must be emptied manually. Said Towers should also be destructible/ raidable and be knocked down or captured before a cify can be sieged on that tile.

Totally redone Siege mechanics and political system ( I wrote a massive post on how i'd do it a year ago but BPG said "TLDR"). In short it would remove offensive siege stones, force anyone aside from the owning clan to rebind somewhere else, require warhulks/ships to break down/ capture certain objectives DURING the siege timer. The defenders must simply survive the duration or sue for peace. If Allies of the defensivd side die they are sent to a nearbye bindstone and have to decide if its worth trying to return.

Scroacher penalties for people in clans that are NOT related to the siege if they enter the tile during one and are killed. Rewards for anyone on either side who kills a scroacher in the til during the siege. Timers and penalties on becoming official allies/deallying. Benefits for being allies.Costs to maintain an at war state. Guild tax system.I

Mage armor and staffs scaling !much more in effectiveness/ cost (no more robe/blackbolt and beimg offensively strong)

Those retarded raimbow colors/alignment system removed

Harsher Penalties for being red or in an all race clan

Benefits to being in a pure race clan (for example an all alfar clan can have a quest at their church to bring X amount of gold+ some other champjon or top tier mob loot to buy a clanwide buff that helps them for X amount of time anytime they're on clan territory or in Alfar lands)

A random chance for gear to be totally broken when you gank someone. In essence gear either takes ZERO durability loss (because that sucked in UW) or is destroyed completely. We NEED more item sinks

Harder PvE that scales with the amount of p!ayers you bring.and encouragrs bigger group pve

Harder PvE that requires high end gear to take down

Skill gains increased when using higher end weapons

Skill gains increased when group pveing with members of your same racd

A total wipe and a much longer character grind that soft caps advancement to X level per week to keep the power cliff in check. For example Week 1 you can only get Greatsword to 50 then gains massively get reduced until the start of Week 2 when the new cap is 75

A longer item grind centered around rank 40/50 being the norm for the first 6 months. This means nerfing city mines and leenspar golems

A wipe/ Relaunch where the Subcontinents are not initially in. They can be added 1 at a time starting month 2.

Certain high end monsters that drop high end shit not initially being in the game but added later

New tiers of Mage Bone Armor and Archer Leather armor

A specialization that locks offensive magic and restricts two hand mastery, but gives an archery/dagger damage increase as well as access to a "sniper" shot ability to

Self buff changes similar to New Dawn's and encbants stacking with self buffs

I could go on, but this is the kind of stuff that would make me want to play. I'm here for a Sandbox like EvE, but with good combat not a fantasy version of PUBG or pointless arena shooter

7. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

We get it, you want to play new dawn, except you won't and you'll keep talking about darkfall without playing because you afraid to die in the game cuz giant ego. Keep in mind I said what would veterans play AGAIN. You've never even logged in.

ill respond to any non new dawn retard changes later when I wake up, going to bed.

8. Wes Furtive

Wes Furtive Obsidian Golem
    Legend

I want to see new items introduced into the loot tables with unique properties besides "damage". Gear is so boring.
    - Earrings of Spell Reflect: (Charges: 2) on equip, eats a charge and adds a level 1.0 spell reflect buff to the wearer; super rare, cannot be recharged
    - Feather Fall Boots - put these on your hotbar and use the slot to activate(must be worn); they have a 1-hour cooldown of "reset momentum" which can be used to not take fall damage if you time it right
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    - Ring of Water breathing, period.
    - Unique named monster loot which can only exist exclusively meaning one in the world at any given time. Has a timer or lifespan.
    These are only a few of hundreds of examples

the easiest things you can do right now to make pve/activity more rewarding and satisying
    - Let everything low-medium level scale. Lots of monsters could be fun to farm if you didn't spend 90% of your time waiting. No one plays this game so they can sit and wait and do nothing. If you need to lower gold drops on some stuff then do it.
    - Give us either a loot all or a "I'm done looting button" so we can actually farm this lower level stuff
    (Akathars, trolls, goblin warlords, etc are all fairly profitable but they're such a pain to farm due to the volume of corpses which pile up)

9. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

Battle Smurf wants the game to be a grind so he can poopsock it for easy kills for a good 6 months.

l0st exile likes this.
  10. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Yes ego is the reason i haven't been playing RoA u caught me :tearsofjoy:

11. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

100%

I bet you haven't even played new dawn yet.

Owyn Magnus, Fengor and l0st exile like this.
  12. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

I'll log back in when they make a serious attempt to fix server lag, have reliable servers so we have consistent performance, and make an effort to improve latency compensation and hit detection so the game is actually playable with pings above 50 ms.

l0st exile and Slayven like this.
  13. Rimamok

Rimamok Spellgazer
    Legend

You mean something like being able to drop objects on the ground?

For me, its progression. I now log onto broken beta New Dawn and have fun because I like to see my character grow day by day.

I know that this ship has sailed and ROA has made their choice, so me talking about progression won't change anything. But you asked the question, and this is my answer.

Skar, Mea Kulpa and Owyn Magnus like this.
  14. RabbleRabble

RabbleRabble Deadeye
    Legend

An Arena so I dont have to spend an hour riding around to find NO ONE

15. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

A quick change that would make a big difference to me is changing the PvE experience. If I need selentine, I don't want to go to a sele spawn and solo the mob, then have to sit around waiting 10 minutes for it to spawn again. PvE should be a constant effort, or if not, every experience that drops rare ore or items should be extremely difficult but also very rewarding. So no more killing an easy golem for a few ore. Instead, killing one super hard golem for 10-20 ore.

#15 Aristos Giannes, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    Fengor, Uncle Jo and l0st exile like this.
  16. Statusquo

Statusquo Goblin Warlord
    Supporter

Ok maybe the gains on RoA are too fast to some extent. But you can't really blame them they are trying to cater to the small population they have. With a large population this system would be too fast because there isn't alot of content once your done leveling besides crafting grind and pvp. Which alot will say is the main focus of content. Honestly i see alot of people posting their two cents about what they need to see for them to log back in, some ideas are decent ideas i agree with with really, 99% of these people would play if there was a large population to play with. You can put up with a games downfalls if there is alot of people playing. So what would keep me logged in? a complete overhaul of the new player experience.

This means new quests that help teach new players the basics of the game.
    Keeping New players protected until they thought it was time to go out and see the world.
    Adjust the gains to a cap where you can only get your skills to level 2 in most skills to prevent any vets abusing the protections.
    Ports between friendly racial capitals to allow new players to play with their friends who aren't their race but still never leaving the protection zones.

There is alot more stuff i would love to see added in to the early stages of the game for new players to experience and see so they know darkfall could be really fun but also keep them away from the wolves until they are ready to face them. Anyone who thinks the NPE is good now or can be over looked for other changes in this state of the game has either seriously forgot what its like to be BRAND new to the Darkfall world or you just don't care about this game gaining an active population.

17. BeatIt

BeatIt Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

dont like local banking, but the rest +1.

nothing meaningful in game to do. the way i see it ROA is far gone they wont pivot again.
    so reduce the map seize and make a arena whit ranking system.. cause thats exactly whit everyone wants.. well whats left

new dawn will be the hard DF more sandbox, ROA will be the arena version

#17 BeatIt, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  18. Frog

Frog Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

this is a big one, something that you work towards as a clan - a little bit each day - and you fight other clans while doing it. this could be something like a new (or repurposed) dungeon with a difficult boss at the end.

honestly i still like the game a lot, and i'm mostly not playing because some other games (bw remastered ladder grinding) have come out and i'm spending more time on them for right now. but ill always come back

19. MerleisAirdburne

MerleisAirdburne Black Knight
    Supporter

Arena with a rating system

20. Cincere

Cincere Dire Zombie
    Hero

Ditch full loot.

MaxiHori and Pink Taco like this.