Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

What would make you log in again? (veterans)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grimtide, Aug 31, 2017.

1. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

?

(nithron coins?)

2. Circa

Circa Black Knight
    Legend

he's bored of the game but you think he's going to log in and grind to get 450k to buy a house lmao.

kingp43 and Fengor like this.
  3. Kael Trighton

Kael Trighton Deadeye
    Benefactor Tester

There are two main things that are fatal flaws in ROA.
    1) Progression curve. BPG addressed skills properly where you get ~90% power quickly then can grind out the last slow 10% power if you want. But they failed to change the gear curve (even went the opposite direction with staves). Gear should also be able to get ~90% power gear easily/quickly but can grind for the fancy gear that gives you the extra 10% power. The main culprit is enchanting IMO. Enchating doest just add 10% power, it adds something more like 50-100% more power-completely destroying the gear power curve. And it messes up intended gear design consequences like encumberence. Enchating should be content based off high end mobs (either drop enchant gems or mats), and add ~10% power max (so like 10 magnitude, or 5 feather, .05 keen etc). Imagine the game if everyone could only use stock equipment- the grind would be way less and the power gap way smaller. People wouldn't complain about full loot if it wasnt such a steep grind/power gear curve. More people willing to pvp=more lively world=healthy population.

2) Tedium/accessibility. More time playing the fun parts of the game, less time stuck in transition/'immersion delays'. In beta I made many posts on this topic. But ideas like mounts should move way faster but be slowed significantly when first running or when damaged. So you can actually spend time playing the game not running on a horse through empty land. Big part of this is gear grind which i talked about in #1. Leveling magic was a problem (farm mobs and lose money doesnt = positive experience), I dono maybe recent changes fixed that. Crafting needs to be on this 90% to viability, 10% to mastery curve (quick to be able to make everything, long to higher dur and higher roll crafts). Consolidating/simplifying buffs so no pre fight tedium. They changed gear equip time which was good.

Territories need to be valuable (sieges) and there needs to be daily pvp hotspots so there is 'macro pvp' instead of the day to day micro pvp.

Finally one thing not talked about very often- I love the darkfall game world but ITS TOO DAMN BIG FOR THE POPULATION.

4. Circa

Circa Black Knight
    Legend

This. Well said.

5. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

he just need to buy coins and sell tokens i guess.

6. Circa

Circa Black Knight
    Legend

he already said he doesn't enjoy playing the game why would you think he'd pay rl money to buy a house?

kingp43 likes this.
  7. Carrot Soup

Carrot Soup Celestial
    Legend

I'm not sure that anything short of a toxicity purge would get me to log back in at this point. The community was one of the primary reasons i quit playing. Along with the UI changes and the harvesting/crafting changes. Bring back UW, give it the OLD DFO UI, enlarge the map back to where it should be (the size it is in RoA now) and yeah, i'd come back. UW without roles was great, add in the huge beloved map npc/player cities and add in tons of housing areas, you get me back in a heartbeat.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  8. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

only because this sentence:

"When i told her we could own a house together in game, she was very exited aboutit, then housing patch came in, and thehousing grind was huge, so big i actually had 3 people telling me they would help me fund one ... "

9. Circa

Circa Black Knight
    Legend

Would be the smartest (business wise) but it will never happen.
    --- Post updated ---
    Some people have that feeling like "we can do this together and see huge progress" just not in RoA. You feel more beat down and want to throw up how much of a waste of time for such little gain.

RootedOak, Carrot Soup and NonFactor like this.
  10. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

ya, i got that.

tbh i hate pve then i just bought alot of nithron coins recently..

Circa likes this.
  11. Circa

Circa Black Knight
    Legend

I never really got bored of grindingly on other MMO's.

Asheron's Call was fun pve, you were always were rewarded and even sometimes you got that god roll.

Ultima Online was fun and the most rewarding and a lot of times you got a god roll, which made you want to constantly do it if you were bored of pvping.

Darkfall so boring and frustrating which you had to do unless you wanted be at the disadvantage every time you pvp'd. I really don't know what will fix the DF pve to make it slightly fun to make you feel ok about doing it every death.

12. Fishsauce

Fishsauce Goblin Shaman

++ this. Reviving this game was a mistake. Everything about this game is outdated and does not fit in today mmo expectations. Unholy Wars would have a better licensing choice.

Carrot Soup likes this.
  13. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

AV wanted like 2+ mil for uw license or some shit

I also think that asian company mgame owns a large part of the company/game so not even theirs to license.

14. Circa

Circa Black Knight
    Legend

holy shit for real? 2 mil??

i coulda swore i heard 500k and even that is steep.

av in a nutshell

Greeks.jpg

SomeBK likes this.
  15. Carrot Soup

Carrot Soup Celestial
    Legend

my understanding was there is a pay to play version of UW in asia that's doing quite well apparently, probably why the asked so much for it. i could be wrong but it's what i read somewhere a few years back. still, if someone managed to license it, expand the map, add housing, i'd be in like flynn.

again, @Andrew and BPG were warned about their direction, they refused to listen, much like AV.. and much like AV they're seeing the results. those of us that said something were ostracized and treated like idiots and the mods allowed them to flame us to hell and back.

SomeBK and Uncle Jo like this.
  16. Clarence Swamptown

Clarence Swamptown Black Knight
    Legend

I'm just waiting for the 4th leveling revamp. Or is it the 5th?

To anyone saying it's too hard to add content and more things to do in the game, there are many ways this can be done without adding any new graphics or animations. There have been a shit ton of good ideas posted on these forums.

It's Darkfall, and most likely the only chance it has to survive, unless New Dawn manage to do something really unexpected, so I still hope some jesus patch 3.0 happens.

Just logged in yesterday for first time in 2 months, wtf is that skill system 1-5? Was that supposed to make it easier to understand? It's just as bad an idea as the fkn -200 thing for the alignment system.

kingp43, Fengor, Beasty and 5 others like this.
  17. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Earth Elemental
    Contributor

The problem: Everyone has their own opinion on what would be or would have been good for the game and when it goes one way or the other (fail/prosper) they think their thoughts were the reasons why. Even if you look at the people who shunned you, very few if any of them can agree on a single thing. On the other side of the fence, those that claimed "X needs changed or it will fail" all filled in X with your own thoughts rarely if ever agreeing on a single thing.

You'll come into a thread like this and say, "Here is why if failed and it's your fault for not listening to us" yet there is no "us" because your thoughts and reasoning's are a fair bit different than most others.

None of you can come up with the correct answers. Period.

aaraym likes this.
  18. Airenn

Airenn Goblin Shaman
    Legend

Not true the Asian version was dead after 3 months players complaining about all the same issues that UW NA had . Plus the UW Asia version had something called a revenge scroll which ppl abused to recall a party on top of an enemy every time they got killed, that was dumb but it was a cash item so it was never removed

Circa likes this.
  19. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Earth Elemental
    Contributor

It's easy to understand you have 5 levels and each level increases your skill power an equal amount. Unlike that fucking retarded front loading bullshit. No one ever understood that.

20. Clarence Swamptown

Clarence Swamptown Black Knight
    Legend

I still don't see the reason why it switched to 1-5 instead of just keeping it at 1-100 and just adjusting the effect. And most importantly, I still don't see why at this point in time and with how much the game struggle that it was considered something that was worth spending time on instead of basically anything else. Of all the people I know of who stopped playing, none have quit because of how the skills were shown on the UI. They all had the same reaction when they heard that it's now 1-5 tho, they laughed.

kingp43, Fengor, Grimtide and 4 others like this.