Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

What would make you log in again? (veterans)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grimtide, Aug 31, 2017.

1. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor

I edited it to add more to it, so reasons to be out and about basically.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Where the fuck did all of our money go?

3. JetBoom

JetBoom Crypt Guard

most likely to zad and the server costs for the most part.

Circa and Fengor like this.
  4. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Sounds like trying to cut losses and not get in it to win it.

They had to have already purchased the rights to the game, and the server cannot cost as much as they've recieved.

5. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

remind me again....who has that house in center of center map?
    fuck the name just wont come to me....

its on the tip of my tongue.....

something like sadwave or something.

anyways fuck that i think they should totally buff the location of my house instead!

6. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

It's about people being able to actually live in center and populate the chaos cities and holdings around them. Center map was banging in DFO all the time, especially in chaos cities.

Has nothing to do with my house, it has everything to do with the 3 unpopulated chaos cities so they'd actually have people live in them and the surrounding holdings being populated and sieged because of it. You think i'm the only person with a house around center map? You really going to balance the CENTER OF THE MAP around 1 house when there are 3 chaos cities around center map as well that anyone can use for free?

Sele golem patch did wonders for a few weeks and it was a good start but they needed to do more. Making center map great again is only one of the many suggestions i've personally made in this thread and seems like it'd be pretty easy to just add in a few rare golems or replace really terrible spawns with rare golems. Low development high impact change, imo.

Something like this -

(new spawns in pink)

Did that in like 2 mins, i'm sure BPG can make it better and from what I understand, shouldn't be hard to do. @Andrew @kilrain @DestLocke

#226 Grimtide, Sep 8, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    Sameog likes this.
  7. Dixie Normus

Legend

So you think adding a ton of golem spawns will populate the chaos cities?

Who would bank there if they had ore on them?

Yes you would probably get a few parasites to camp them in case anyone was dumb enough to return there with loot. Other than that, I doubt anyone would be there.

You keep blaming av and bpg for "allowing" the griefing of sheep to happen.

That's the mantra you all repeat "the game allows it"

Then you look around at your dying game and shrug.

I could go to any random bar at any night and beat the shit out of any random drunk and take his wallet and get away free too. Keep doing it and people stop going to the bar. Bad analogy but it's true.

8. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

This would attract all the top tier players and zergs to these locations if you made them really good and then the rest of the map ez breezy for the sheep and casuals who don't want to get pvp'd while they pve.

How can't you see that?

What's this bullshit you keep saying that i'm griefing the sheep or whoever I run into? I don't roam shitty spawns looking for newbs to kill man. You make some wierd assumptions. Didn't grief any new players or camp spawns at all this entire game.

kingp43 likes this.
  9. Dixie Normus

Legend

Lol what a joke. The top tier players don't actually want to fight other top tier players they just want to duel them. If that was the case all said players wouldn't be in like 3 clans.

Slayven likes this.
  10. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

There are a lot more good players than you seem to think and they aren't all in 3 clans, theres just 3 clans left playing the game right now.

Also made an edit to my previous post if you'd care to explain where you get these assumptions from?

11. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Kinda right, kinda wrong.

The problem with top tier vs top tier, is that if there is a slight variation in the equality of the fight, even 1 more person than the other, it's pretty much a loss.

They want fair fights, but that isn't always the case in open-world zergfall now is it.

Kinda pointless to go running around in decent gear when you know it's a guaranteed loss now isn't it. Kinda like how noobs don't go running around top end spawns cause they know they're guna get dumpstered.

kingp43 and Dixie Normus like this.
  12. Dixie Normus

Legend

You get lumped in with your clan bud. Sorry guilt by association. You could be mother fucking Theresa it wouldn't matter your clan drove people from the game in droves even in beta ffs.

13. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Nobody quits the game because of 1 clan of 15-20 people (with no allies) except dumbasses (or newbs who don't know any better) who believe the cancerous bullshit people like you tell them bud. Your clan had loads of vets (and newbs) just like ours, how many of you are left playing? All the dune rats left playing are in different clans and the rest went to albion. You really think 1 clan of 15 people made hundreds of players quit? Hahaha, what a fucking cop out.

14. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

You're misplacing your argument here man.

It's not Dune Rats fault for being good at the game. Do you want them to quit because they're better than noobs? Are they not allowed to siege good holdings? (I'm assuming you're talking about Ghanalaj here.)

They're a group of players that have been playing together since DFO, you can't really expect them to split up because they're better than everyone. They even took in some noobs at launch.

15. Dixie Normus

Legend

Do you believe yourself? When they started their "world war " in beta it literally halted activity in its tracks.

Or when you showed up to every siege ever. People HAD to pay because if they didn't they knew you would show up for the other side.

16. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

World war in beta? All we did was conquer rubiyat so people wouldn't hide on fucking rubiyat in a beta. It worked out great and majority of the population who wanted pvp moved to cairn which was pretty damn active up until a couple of months before beta ended.

As far as the merc shit went, that's not all on us either. Why would we turn down massive amounts of gold to show up for pvp when everyone in our clans a jew and nobody wants to pay for anything? Most of the time we were on one newbie side or another. Sorry you didn't want to hire mercs? That's how we got clan gold. Server blobbed us and you all quit because we didn't show to get 140v15'd after trying for hours pre-siege to fight it?

Your expectations of us are so high but of yourselves they are pathetic and your assumptions about anything we did and our reasoning is also so backwards it's unreal how some of you warped your perception out of hatred.

17. Dixie Normus

Legend

I don't want them to quit. I'd prefer they used their skill to create content THAT ISNT DETRIMENTAL TO LESSER SKILLED PLAYERS.

What that would be? I don't know. It's just sad that in this game small clans/alliances will never be able to have wars with other same size groups because the elite players are so thirsty for pvp they have to involve themselves in everything.

If all you guys want to do is fight and don't care about pixels like you say, then all of you move to the chaos cities and do chaos city wars with each other.

They had to remove portals and nerf mines just so you guys would let small clans actually keep holdings.

I saw dune newp trying recently when he placed a nexus in sanguine to the fire dragon, helped players kill it and split the loot. More shit like that would have saved the game.
    --- Post updated ---
    "The population that wanted pvp" was all that was left once again.

Oh we were living in calf at the time. Then magically, no one was logging in anymore.

18. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Stop being a victim, no wonder all your noobs quit. Why would they continue to play when all their vet leaders who played for 7 years did was cry about another group of players in the game (who also had 40+ noobs at launch)?

You have such a warped perception about "elitists" in this game man.

19. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

You're acting like they were the only clan that did that/got merc'd.

The stupid ass Journal should not show siege timers. If they find out about a siege and show up, it should be due to espionage/politics.

You can't blame them for this. Like at all. That's what Darkfall is. That's the game. You kill people, and you take their shit. If people are quitting because of reasons like this, there is a problem with the player, or the game design. Like SERIOUS problem.

But somehow I don't think people quit because Dune Rats showed up to a siege. Except for Dune Rats, who got server zerged for being annoying twats.

Dixie Normus, Fengor and Uncle Jo like this.
  20. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

Honestly? If I still had a grind to work on

kingp43 and MerleisAirdburne like this.