Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

What would make you log in again? (veterans)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grimtide, Aug 31, 2017.

1. judgedarktide

judgedarktide Goblin Scout

Im sort of starting to feel like this.. game loses something when there is no progression.. no matter how slow it is :/

kingp43 likes this.
  2. Cincere

Cincere Dire Zombie
    Hero

You aint getting any of that because no one plays this griefing ass full loot bullshit timesink but the same crybaby bitches like yourself trying to hold the fun back with your "full loot is not the problem"

3. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

full loot is not the problem. Moron.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Circa, RootedOak, Uncle Jo and 4 others like this.
  4. Cincere

Cincere Dire Zombie
    Hero

Its very much the problem dickhead... If there was no full loot and time grief people would play this game solely for the pvp... there would be plenty of pvp.. without full loot. What needs to happen.. is get rid of full loot and the 15 of you that keep defending it then people will farm shit and play the damn game... pvp and sieges all the time. You gotta put player holding back the way they were in original df though so they have worth. Put good mines in every holding imo.

5. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Your stupidity and lack of insight is disturbing. The fact that you post here and you think you can post here, with such little knowledge regarding anything, is a direct representation of why democracy is failing.

You are, quite literally, killing free speech by existing.

#245 Sero, Sep 9, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    Circa and Grimtide like this.
  6. Cincere

Cincere Dire Zombie
    Hero

I know more about this game than the people who bought the liscense. Get real. Do I know more about this retarded version... hell no... because the original was fine... full loot was the problem. One thing is a fact though... I wasted money on this. A lot of others feel the same way as well.

7. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

8. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

Calling people who support full loot crybaby bitches is hilariously ironic. How much did you lose to make you this salty?

Uncle Jo, otoan and Fengor like this.
  9. otoan

otoan Crypt Guard
    Loyal

A larger more diverse player base. In DFO, there were all types of clans from the elite clans full of egotistical people that you don't want to deal with to the extremely casual clans that took anyone in. Maybe it's my own perspective but it seems to me most of the clans have polarized to one side or the other and it's aggravating to find like-minded players.

So pretty much never in this iteration. BPG doesn't understand how to make the game interesting outside of the core DFO players they listened to pre-release and any attempt to change the core mechanics of the game are shout down by one group or another giving BPG an excuse not to implement it.

EDIT: another thing that'd bring me back is interesting game play. Not just easy and casual but also interesting. I don't know if a land tower that goes active every 7 days would really bring any one back for any length of time.

Dixie Normus likes this.
  10. Crumly

Crumly Earth Elemental
    Hero

The game was supposed to be kingdom control. Except when you did get something, you didn't really CONTROL anything, call them pvp pussies or whatever you want, but something like hyperion were MMO players who built a kingdom, but of course we all know there are many problems they had. They couldn't really hold it together, and even if they had, we all know there just wasn't enough PVE or "reward" to be had by 1500-2000 players.

11. rikilii

rikilii Celestial

Knowing that when I log in, there would be something to do within 15 minutes, rather than just dueling or organizing my bank.

Mini-sieges on villages with a 15-minute timer, short term hamlet caps, etc.

Fengor likes this.
  12. HeganHatsumo

HeganHatsumo Celestial

would be cool if hamlets and chaos cities were capable prime time once a day for like a strategical outpost.

13. Sylvas Alstratam

Sylvas Alstratam Goblin Warrior

Since the forum mod deleted my last post... more than likely because it had a little too much truth than they could choke down let's try this again. As Mark Twain said "Get your facts right then distort them at your leisure". So let's see if I can leave out as much bad stuff about BPG as humanly possible while still getting the point across... Lets go for it.

SO! This is my first day back to the forums and by the looks of it, it would appear that the "blame game" has begun. Blaming lack of content, mechanics, full loot, griefing and etc. All valid thoughts I'm sure when you consider the minds that they're coming from... a bunch of mentally prepubescent RoA fanboys who wouldn't know the actual problems even if they were drawn in crayon right in front of them. Now while it is somewhat entertaining to read the slew of posts of said fanboys losing their minds as they appear to have finally come back to reality and can see the writings on the wall (game is dying). Let's discuss why it's dying. I'm not going to blame mechanics, griefers, full loot and etc. I'm going to take a look back in History. "Why History?" you might ask. It's simple. History ALWAYS repeats itself.

Darkfall Online began with a slew of problems. Biggest and most prominent was the sheer fact that hackers, dupers and exploiters operated in the game with utter impunity. I mean there were dozens and dozens of little clips popping up showing people fly hacking, fall hacking, wall glitching, bank duping and etc. We remember the names (I can't post them here given last I heard granted it was several months ago BPG has a staff member who was in many of those clips and if I post his name which would be more truth they won't like they'll delete this post too, that is if they don't delete it already by me saying this) even to this day. Another big issue was the lying. We were sold an idea and we bought into it "Hook, line and sinker". We were advertised an open world where literally anything was possible. We were delivered about 6% of what was promised. These two things alone were enough to gut the player base out the gate and understandably so. The immense population we saw on opening week was unreal and just a couple months later was less than half. All because of the two listed problems above.

Now you might ask why I would bring that up. I bring it up simply because that past has not been forgotten. The majority of players who first entered RoA were privy to that past. For the majority of "MATURE" players that past is still fresh in their minds. We were duped by AV not once but twice. Getting screwed once sucks, to get screwed again because of your own ignorance sucks more. The first month of RoA was marked with several KEY issues. For those of us who started on launch we remember them all too well (I'm not going to list them issues here given that will more than likely be even more truth that BPG will not like and would result in them deleting this post as too, that is if they don't delete it already by me saying this) and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to be able to do the very simple math and see X(Problems) + Y(Actions) = Z(Population). You would think it would only be logical to see the facts for what they are. If you have a dark past associated with the demise of a product and then take a new distributor of said reborn product and have them show the same symptoms of the last one which killed the product then it isn't hard to surmise that said product would meet the same fate as it's predecessor.

Now do I fully blame BPG.... of course not. Do they share in more than half of the blame... of course they do. Do I fully blame griefing clans like Dupe Rats and etc... of course not. Do they share in a large portion of the blame... of course they do. So now the million dollar question is how does BPG save the game. It's actually pretty simple. They don't need more money because let's be honest they'll never get it. They don't need more or better developers because let's be honest they probably can't afford it and it wouldn't help. What they need is the "TRUST" of the community back. Everyone I talk to from the RoA days (it has a day now lol) all say the same thing. They will never give money to a company they can't trust. The whole duping fiasco really put a dent in BPG's gaming cred (means their level of respect in the gaming community) (I know I said I wasn't gonna mention an issue but hopefully in this context the forum mods won't be so easily triggered or maybe they will.... who knows). So all they really have to do is come clean. As Will Smith said in Concussion "Tell the truth". People respond well to honesty when such a massive load of dishonesty has been dumped and dumped on them.

As it appears to me BPG really only has two options. Stay the course that they seem to have been on since the start and watch this game continue to hemorrhage as more and more players leave for lack of confidence.... OR.... Try something new like actually owning up to your mistakes and working on correcting them. Darkfall players are incredibly resilient and can take a lot of BS as "HISTORY" has shown us and continues to show us. Build that layer of Trust back up and players will return or Continue with the BS and just close the book already. BPG can add all the content they want but if the gaming community doesn't trust them then what good is that content?

**EDIT** I only mention Dupe Rats given that's the main clan I remember trotting through starting zones killing all newer players... and let's be honest they have the worst rep lol.

14. Rimamok

Rimamok Spellgazer
    Legend

Damn, man, that's a whole lot of words to say very little.

Sameog and Fengor like this.
  15. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

@Grimtide

Am I just uninformed, or do these people actually have some legitimacy to these crybaby posts.

Literally all I ever see is, DUPE RATS THIS, DUPE RATS THAT, and all I have been able to ascertain from the evidence, is that the best team of players played the game to it's fullest and people got butthurt because they couldn't cope with being dogshit rejects.

What did you guys do? lmfao.

16. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

We absolutely did no exploits (reported dozens if not more since alpha) except 1 member bugged weight on spikes which he lost anyways.

17. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Yea but how did you "grief"? (lololololol, please entertain this question.)

18. HeganHatsumo

HeganHatsumo Celestial

HAHAHAHA dunerats had like 1 good player please stop PLEASE STOP

19. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

I'm not talking about individual skill, seriously, get over yourself. TSL/COE/Dune Rats have always been one of the best group of players that perform well together next to Instinct and probably Defiance.

20. HeganHatsumo

HeganHatsumo Celestial

if sitting out on an isolated island in a pvp game lvling a toon to max then pvping in groups of 10 is "playing the game to the fullest" then well I guess we know why this game is shit lol.