Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

What would make you log in again? (veterans)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grimtide, Aug 31, 2017.

1. MerleisAirdburne

MerleisAirdburne Black Knight
    Supporter

This
    I tried to bring 2 of my irl friends to the game, that played other games like rust, but they couldn't stick with it

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Void

Void Varangian Warthane
    Loyal Legend

My aids is blue

BeatIt, Sero, Kalos and 1 other person like this.
  3. koruun

koruun Akathar

>2018
    >Using grey text
    The absolute state of Forumfall Online.

#303 koruun, Apr 27, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2018
  4. Isaac Clarke

Isaac Clarke Varangian Warthane
    Hero

Good god this sentiment has never been more relevant

5. Void

Void Varangian Warthane
    Loyal Legend

oh hey grimtide i just drooped that gem about holdings having value being a major reason most semi active players i know being top for wanting to play ., i also took the time to talk to all 200 people i know that played dfo from is eu beta na launch and even unholy wars. i asked about my idea because i was so sure it was the best idea that i just had to find out to make sure i was right . i was right, everyone said they would play everyone even said they would do the task of killing 10 thousand monsters ( any verity ) for a ride able Beradron mount. i even had an idea where at intervals say every 2 thousand you unlock the raptor mount or a hooded one mount ., everyone just cares about fluff because dark fall was always a game that in its design phase ( the phase during its creation) full access to no skill cap was the only option to insure balance ., no one ever said dfo wasn't balanced just nothing to do.

koruun likes this.
  6. ijharb

ijharb Chosen of Khamset
    Supporter

Reading anything you type is a real struggle, my god.

7. Buffalo Spaceman

Buffalo Spaceman Frostjarl
    Hero

While combat changes are not #1 for me, they would definitely increase my interest in the game. Shit is old and stale.

Hagzz, Wes Furtive and Battle Smurf like this.
  8. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Celestial
    Supporter

Being able to join a clan and get a couple hours of fun group pvp a night.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  9. GoodDoggie

GoodDoggie Earth Elemental

A playerbase.

the problem with sandboxy pvp games like df is that other players are the content

the less other players there are the less content.

with sub 500 active players theres just not enough players to create content.

10. Frog

Frog Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

bring the koreans over

HeganHatsumo, Fengor and koruun like this.
  11. franchisee

franchisee Wildtribe Mage

Content through the lure of racial significance.

Treat races like faction's. Add a lure to it. Each race is fighting for their survival and you can join the war by joining the faction within your race.

If you join the faction you cannot heal player's who are of different races. ( This would bring significance to race war's and playing the same race as a clan )

The human can be the base character everyone start's as. But as you play you have the option to join any of the wolf,mirdain,dwarf,orc,alfar factions. Which transforms you from human into said race.

Add silver that is dropped when killing an enemy faction member. The more an opponent is worth the more silver they drop.

==> Add a ranking system to faction's for bragging rights.

Player's who are in factions want to pvp not pve. Allow special faction gear to be bought from faction vendors Make these items have 30 dura and lose 50% of current durability anytime the player is killed(killed not ganked).

Make territory control the gateway for access to faction vendors. If a faction does not have a territory they cannot buy these items.

Player's who are worth point's have a diminishing return on the worth of their faction point's based on how many faction pieces they are wearing.

ex. Let's say Arrow has the highest point's. A faction gear set cost 50k silver, Arrow is worth 20k silver as maximum. If he wear's a full set of faction gear that cost 50k killing him will give the winner 20k silver but also destroy 50% of the durability the armor arrow is wearing. If arrow is naked he is worth 0 silver. This will stop players from farming their own character's.

==> Faction member's who wear faction gear cannot enter siege territory.

==> Faction gear can add small attributes like some of the food's you've implemented recently.

Lower durability on item's crafted, bring in large durability consumption if a player dies and increase drop rates.

Make it easy for player's to get materials and craft gear but make it a constant so it requires player's to continuously farm.

Increase projectile speed so players with greater than 40 ping can be at less of a disadvantage vs player's with less than 40.

Blaze likes this.
  12. Rhulvir

Rhulvir Goblin Shaman

Factions should never be tied to race, that goes against the premise of a sandbox game. Why should I have to roll human/alfar/ork/etc just to play with my clan? Opt-in factions are always a better choice.

Getting gear from pvp, while it seems like a good idea, would be nothing more than a nail in the coffin for the sandbox premise. If i can just kill people to get low dura pvp-ready gear, what drives crafting? If people aren't crafting, what's the point of pve? If people aren't out pveing, whats the point of an open world map? Might as well reclassify to session based arena gameplay at that point.

Your idea to add content will just end up removing more content.

Slayven likes this.
  13. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

Combat changes.

sorry, couldnt resist.

edit: thanks for the like squantie. :D

#313 Dixie Normus, Apr 28, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
    Slayven and WithoutShame like this.
  14. Pimptight

Pimptight Obsidian Golem
    Streamer Legend

the franchise making shit suggestions no wonder you cheated you have 0 idea what this game should be lol

15. kiwiitis

kiwiitis Goblin Shaman
    Tester

going to sub to try out tasks and achievements

Nat, Fengor, Billy Lee and 1 other person like this.
  16. LisaL

LisaL Stormgraive
    Legend

Changing to Free to play /w cosmetic shop for $, aka LOL style.... this game needs players. this game does well on free week/weekends. people will buy stupid shit. a lot of it. to those worried about hackers, anyone with a main can hack on an alt with GTT's, with a higher playerbase that could continue to actually GROW from the game being free would generate much more income for the staff to actually battle against potential hackers. there is literally no valid argument for keeping this game on a sub system, its less revenue and only hurts the population.

Andrew and Isaac Clarke like this.
  17. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

Fear not because it's confirmed they are moving towards a Freemium system like you describe. Just takes time. The anti-cheat software is pretty good I don't think we'd have a hacking problem.

Andrew, Dixie Normus, koruun and 2 others like this.
  18. kiwiitis

kiwiitis Goblin Shaman
    Tester

I've resubbed due to the tasks.

Fengor, Dixie Normus and koruun like this.
  19. Darktide

Darktide Spellgazer

I never log out.

Chantree, Dixie Normus and koruun like this.
  20. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

If every came back, that said they would come back if the game had better population, it would prob have decent population =0.

Blaze, Mea Kulpa, Fengor and 5 others like this.