Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

What would make you log in again? (veterans)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grimtide, Aug 31, 2017.

1. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Celestial

The opportunity to be on grimtide's team

Slayven likes this.
  2. adamisanameihave

adamisanameihave Goblin Warlord
    Legend

Well!!! Apparently catching up IS NOT AN ISSUE AT ALL!?

Crazy... because of the new market and knowing the game I was able to make money FAST and raise all my stats to 100 and unlock all of the spells... bringing the important ones to 3+

Seems that it will only take maybe a week of active play to max all my most important spells.

The only thing that will take time is getting those weapon masteries to 100. THAT is going to take some time... but basically I am near a max toon already when I was barely mediocre just the other day.

Thanks!

So glad to come and check out the changes... been playing New Dawn for some noobie action when it came out and just kept my meditation going... coming back to this game really made me realize how much funner the PVE in this one is... being able to use all the spells, the UI, and the fact that the monsters spawn bosses and in large numbers makes this game better than the other one.

Still a few things New Dawn has that this game does not.... and its a bit early to tell how the PVP will play out at the endgame in New Dawn but damn most of the population seems to have left already. I am going to be playing both games but have been enjoying this one so much that I had played yesterday for 24 hours straight! Crazy... not sure if I have EVER done that in a video game.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. kiwiitis

kiwiitis Goblin Warrior
    Tester

I've already come back and got my first title for harvesting 100k logs only another 12k stone for the next one all good. May even learn to pve as I have to kill an oak lord to be able to dig up my treasure he keeps killing me. :)

And all that in 16 days :)

Mo Fugga, Billy Lee, Andrew and 2 others like this.
  4. adamisanameihave

adamisanameihave Goblin Warlord
    Legend

I don' think those titles are worth doing honestly... Unless you want to focus on crafting for the +4 after you have reached 100 Wisdom because the wine that you can buy at the market raises your Wisdom by 1 point for each one... think they only cost 80g or something?

I definitely recommend just picking ONE title and sticking with it... but get all of the quests just to have them. By the time you finish one of the attributes that you picked... its best to move onto harder mobs (theres 3 quests for each one) but if you get into enchanting (like I highly recommend just for the fun factor because it gives more purpose in going places and finding mobs in the wild) than maybe go around and just explore and kill different mobs but probably don't want to kill 200 of them or whatever. Well its up to you, as it might be fun for you to do that, but its much faster to level up by killing harder mobs.

So yeah... pick one chain of 3 for one attribute (I picked Strength)... unless you just want to do all of them for fun. It is kind of cool having all of them so you can switch titles from time to time.

The amount of mats that you turn in to get the title is worth more than the coin reward you get, but on the other hand if you want to craft that +4 to wisdom may make a little difference in the end.

5. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

I don’t think he’s referring to the stat title bud.

There are titles you can get in game now that show in your name. Hit J in game to bring up the journal that shows what titles you can earn.

There are a bunch of them and gives you a goal to work towards while your grinding those spells/skills to 4+.

Billy Lee and Andrew like this.
  6. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem
    Staff Member BPG Representative

20 more tasks in QA right now, I think offhand there is more gathering ones...

7. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Chosen of Khamset
    Lifetime

There is indeed some gathering tasks in the mix, 8 this time :)

Wes Furtive and Dixie Normus like this.
  8. kiwiitis

kiwiitis Goblin Warrior
    Tester

Nice twas fun a bit disappointed in the limestone and mahogany returns but not complaining can't have everything on a plate or it would be not worth playing.Got my blessed tools a nice option well worth it for the convenience.Really looking forward to the upcoming gathering tasks.Believe it or not even doing some pve tasks.Completed the stone gathering and now doing meditation after all this time.

A bit of rambling here but forgive me just got back from our village happy hr :):)

Billy Lee and Andrew like this.
  9. Fengor

Fengor Obsidian Golem

You ever think about rewarding players that competed gathering tasks with a blessed tool of said task?

Seems only right someone who caught say 50k fish should receive a blessed rod (for example)

Circa and BeatIt like this.
  10. BeatIt

BeatIt Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

stop whit this shit task system.

gather 100k wood kill 1000 mobs.. like come on

get a real quest/task system out for players owning a city.

Grimtide likes this.
  11. RabbleRabble

RabbleRabble Deadeye
    Legend

they are just time sinks till other content is released....

Sero and Fengor like this.
  12. Void

Void Chosen of Khamset
    Loyal Legend

It’s a lot easier for them to change combat then it is to “add content “

Grimtide likes this.
  13. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem
    Staff Member BPG Representative

Cities are getting attention in other ways around TCS and other changes. Unfortunately we can't do everything at once. We have to focus a few pieces at a time and with a big variety of player types it means we can't hit the same group all the time. There's a lot of changes for sieges and holdings in the pipeline. We are looking at a new siege system as the current one leaves a lot to be desired we feel. The new system is centred around the ideal of having sieges be multiple engagements and participants have quick methods to get back into the action. While scroachers will still be possible they will be diminished in their effect in sieges.
    --- Post updated ---
    It is content for pve and achievement hunter type players, not everything has to be about PvP :)

14. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Chosen of Khamset
    Lifetime

I hadn't thought about it, actually, but it does give me some ideas :D

15. Methodico

Methodico Wildtribe Mage

Cool but how many months?

16. Nef

Nef Ghost

I honestly don't know. So much of Darkfall I felt was an accumulation of wealth and gear. Then you just Sieged and PVP'd... I think for me it just ran its course. All seems like recycled material. I do wish the game success, I just don't actually think there is anything that would entice me to come back.

17. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

You should try adding some q6 gems... 120 stat potions or even r80 mats as rewards on the quests.

18. Lord Cadaver

Lord Cadaver Goblin Warlord
    Supporter

NO THAT IS END GAME CONTENT YOU NEED A BIG PARTY FOR THAT

19. Porch

Porch Goblin Scout

Several huge gaming clans making a push into the game and a wipe.

Battle Smurf, Slayven and Sero like this.
  20. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

i wish :(

Cudelr likes this.