Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

What would make you log in again? (veterans)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grimtide, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

And remove even more reason to fight other people? I'd be okay with some item protection, but even that is pushing it.

2. l0st exile

l0st exile Crypt Guard

its either arena with different modes; CTF, Zombie Horde, Team Deathmatch, FFA, King of the Hill, Bunnyhop racing(think CS:S surfing) etc etc

or you actually add sandbox content and rpg elements.. such as

1. holdings. buildings are already static and we have a designated tile for each city. allow players to freely place buildings. simply limit the number of buildings like in shadowbane. 1 bank. 24 walls. 1 keep... etc

2. player housing. allow us to customize our houses how we want. add rare house items that give benefits when placed in the house. some examples; place an axe rack. you know gain 20% more timber yield when harvesting around your home.

3. customizeable guild ranks. if I want my recruits to be called ponies, let me. if I want to name our SGs KINGPENGUINS, let me. a sandbox game needs options for player choice.

4. clan cloaks, tabards and shield icon. they can be picked from predetermined icons or allow us to make our own. shadowbane/albion vs. tera

5. unique mounts that drop off rare boss mobs. insanely boring seeing the same 4 mounts.

6. armor dyes. self explanatory

7. center map needs a "land tower." and sea towers need to be reworked so that the guild with most damage gets the reward and the loot goes into the ship box. all ships now have a ship box by default.

8. mines need to be removed from player holdings and player village stones will now act as shadowbane mines

9. hotzones. tiles of the map now randomly become "hotzones," meaning all loot is doubled for the duration of the hotzone.

10. saint tracking. saints can track red players up to 2 tiles.

I'm just going to stop here, obviously I could create endless "content" ideas but its frankly a waste of time. management/devs... blah blah

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #22 l0st exile, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    Stoned, Strip Tease, Grimtide and 6 others like this.
  3. Inositol

Inositol Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

I already log in like it's my job to keep my clan active, BUT:

Engaging PvE (Telegraphing, much lower health) with meaningful / rare loot

Long term cosmetic grinds

Alchemy / gambling for better upgrades on gear (50% chance of success, a fail removes all progress) with cosmetic changes for sufficiently upgraded gear (different color glow, etc)

Titles that don't look like shit, aka not part of the character name.

SinSemilla, Urek Mazino, Nat and 3 others like this.
  4. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

Go back to WoW

Urek Mazino and MerleisAirdburne like this.
  5. Clarence Swamptown

Clarence Swamptown Black Knight
    Legend

this

and this.

Add to this PVE for multiple group size. One thing Albion did well is make it so you can PVE solo, duo, with 5-10-20, no matter your group size, you can go and pve with your friends and clan. Not only does it make it more interesting for the pve aspect, but it also creates pvp hotspots for different group size depending on the area. They also made it so that the mobs stats and rewards adjust depending on how many people are around fighting it.

So yeah, basically tl;dr would be to add content for all types of player, and make pve better, more fun and for different group sizes. Basically everything that has never been the focus so far.

Owyn Magnus, Grimtide and Fengor like this.
  6. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

In no particular order:

1. Competent dev team that actually makes hopeful for the games future. Currently have AV 2.0 dev team.
    2. Better lag compensation so playing above 25 ping isn't such a kick in the nuts.
    3. Better server and client performance. Its laughable that such an old game still runs like complete dog shit even on new hardware.
    4. Fix broken content like trade routes, sieges and sea towers to actually be fun and reasonable activities.
    5. Give value back to holdings. Bring back city portals. Do other things as well. Unfuck your holding changes BPG.
    6. Unfuck gear dura, yes I know maintenance is back but its not enough. Or reduce number of mats for enchanting to compensate.
    7. Add new things to do for solo, small group and clan. Fix task rewards, add more task, add group/clan task, add sea trade routes, add more dungeon quest, add new instanced dungeons for groups that are timed with a leader board, just add stuff... anything... content please....
    8. Unfuck the terrible housing system. Its complete trash. AFK harvest/dig for a house lul what shit development.
    9. Reasons for high end players to fight other high end players instead of just farming shitties or looking for epeen video footage.
    10. No loot zones around starter areas.
    11. More incentives for being blue AND red. Less incentives to be a blue that occasionally PKs. More incentives to make a clear choice and commit to being PK or blue instead of current meta which is to be blue and occasionally pk then grind/pray it off and do it again.
    12. Unfuck the runestone drop rate. Add runebooks or some shit. Fast travel good. Give us UW summons. It was awesome logging in after work and being able to quickly join whatever the group was doing instead of looking at the map and logging out to play other games because I don't want to run/port for 25 minutes when chances are whatever the group/clan is doing will be done or nearly done by the time I get there after travelling.
    13. Unfuck PvE. BPG reduced rewards, uncapped damage and in many cases increased mob HP. They literally made it less rewarding in every single direction. The demon is gone. The devil is fucked and now needs 6 or more people. Champ spawns suck ass. Fire dragon is literally the only remotely fun high end PvE that is still rewarding for the effort. I want to feel like I am making reasonable progress when I PvE. Not heal every 10 seconds because fire elementals still hit me for 100 a hit in full heavy to get 0-3 elemental cinder, 0 gold and fuck all for loot each kill as an example of BPG brilliance. The buff other changes also made PvE a lot more cancerous on top of all the other bad changes. PvE is literally a cornerstone activity in a MMO. When its as bad as it is in RoA it drags the whole game down with it.

#26 Scrubby Bear, Aug 31, 2017
  7. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

Why are either of those things bad? Both make fights more interesting. Zergs make people salty which fuels the flames for wars and feuds.

Dreadseth likes this.
  8. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

If you think people won't zerg if there isn't full loot, you should try Planetside 2 out.
    No loot. Winning is literally completely meaningless. People still bring 48-96+ players to fight 1-12 every opportunity they get. While also spamming force multipliers like maxes, tanks and other vehicles.....

And all it accomplishes is changing the color of one piece of a map temporarily in a game with zero win conditions. They do it literally just to see the 'you won the fight' on the screen.

9. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

I think that's more to do with people being too lazy to redeploy/grab a sunderer/galaxy then people actually wanting to zerg.

People would rather just cap territory and eventually get a fight than redistribute forces and get a fight sooner.

Literally watched a bunch of people an hour ago attacking an outpost we couldn't cap whilst we lost the biolab connected to it. So long as they're killing something they don't care.

I ended up blowing up my own teams sunderers to get them to finally do something useful.

10. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

I have made a lot of alts in Planetside and leveled characters through nearly every 'zergfit'. Its funny when you go with them zerging empty lanes. They eventually get a fight and get face fucked by a lower number of more competent players. They instantly decide to change continents to one that has virtually zero active pop so they can get right back to zerging empty lanes and winning unopposed fights again. Sometimes they get really defeated in coms, cry about 'x player is hacking' (when its obvious they are just a good player/outfit), cry about faction X op weapons ( I play them all and its really pretty well balanced), ect. And all in a game that is zero loot, zero risk, zero downside to dying in general. They would rather go 'ghost cap' or zerg and 'win' than fight and 'lose'...

11. aaraym

aaraym Undead Dwarf
    Legend

Capture the Mine.

Control point near each city node set on a 18 hour timer. A captured-city node in each holding that fills with any cities' nodes that have been captured. Maybe a 3 cap max or something.

City nodes for rares is still one the most desirable assets in the game. This could feed some timed raiding/defending of city nodes potentially.

EDIT If a clan's mine (holding's node's owner) has been capped show who now is control of it so you can go and get it back. If a different clan (third party) comes and captured the clan that took it (the new location of the city's node) the third clan that moves the location of the taken-node's resources.

#31 aaraym, Aug 31, 2017
  12. blkgnd802

blkgnd802 Goblin Warrior

These ideas can be tweaked but the idea is capping villages would be a self-contained daily PvP experience with PUBG-esque up gearing along the way:

1) Much more rewarding VCPs. Capping a VCP should net basic PvP gear and a random higher tier item each time. That would include a % chance to get something as good as a Cobra Staff and up gearing to it while you continue capping VCPs. You could theoretically start capping villages in a robe and end in 3 piece infernal and a cobra staff if you are successful.

2) You cap VCPs by being in the vicinity and a countdown timer starts that would be visible on everybody's map.

3) PvP-oriented objectives like VCPs should never be more than 5-10 minutes away so the game needs a portal hub, more recalls, and a better portal network.

4) Blackbolt speed should be the base speed on every r50+ staff. No more higher tier staffs that just don't get used.

To improve the NPE:

1) Gold doesn't drop on death if you're blue and in a lawful area

2) Global auction house

#32 blkgnd802, Aug 31, 2017
  13. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

small scale hot spots
    runebook (or something that make traveling trivial)

14. Circa

Circa Black Knight
    Legend

I'm not a vet but this is why i stopped logging in.
    • the amount of time to get a gear bag together
    • the lack of rewards from mobs
    • how boring/aggravating the pve actually is
    • skinning fails (skinning and receiving nothing that your farming for)
    • travel time
    • down time for mobs to respawn
    • 3 enchanting mats @ 5 per to enchant a lousy item that can be broken/looted in the matter of minutes
    For me to log in again the above mentioned would have to be re-structured.

Skinning fails need to be removed completely and skinning needs an increase.

Mobs need to stop dropping garbage that no one can sell or use. They should be dropping the better weapons/armor than crafted ones, like UO.

Mobs being so frustrating to kill with huge health pools on standard shit mobs, their AI being able to hit you with projectiles from a mile away and their mega health regeneration needs to be restructured.

Mob downtime needs to be adjusted again.

Instant travel from ac/uo would work in this game if everything wasn't so time consuming.

3 enchantments @ 5 per should be restructured ite so dumb that you need to farm 3 different mobs and most likely getting dicked on the skins. IF the issues I addressed were fixed like adding instant travel, no skinning fails, easier mobs this could be fine with a slight adjustment; maybe 3 enchants instead of 5 or whatever.

This is my opinion on why I don't log in and nothing will change unless these are resolved.

#34 Circa, Aug 31, 2017
    quietnoobz, Nat and Grimtide like this.
  15. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor

Can a Mother fucker just have something to work towards?

Tasks are great and all, but if a characters basically finished... Why?

Give something to work towards. Something to show off. Leaderboards are coming should be good. But Leaderboards won't bring players together on their own. There has to be something more than villages- villages are good but travel times are so atrocious you won't see as great of a turn out.

Why aren't sea towers huge and populated like they once were? Were they ever in RoA? Maybe in the beginning, i seem to recall.

Events man. Events with rewards are a GREAT way to motivate players. Events that generate rewards, and events that take rewards from the economy/players.

Grimtide and Battle Smurf like this.
  16. HeganHatsumo

HeganHatsumo Celestial

Darkfall getting a player base that isn't full of manchildren who are scared to pvp in a pvp oriented game. So much fun content could be created through the player base in this game, yet no one is willing to take on any slight disadvantages in pvp to have any sort of fun in this game lol.

I find it ironic that the only memorable clan throughout the history of this game for me is battlesaints.

Slayven likes this.
  17. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Sea combat in RoA was heavily hurt by several changes from DF1:
    1. Begone/Come Hither Directional (North and East Only) Removed
    2. Boat Speed Increased (faster than begone hopping)
    3. Begone Speed Decreased
    4. Removal of Portal Chambers in Player Holdings
    Explaination:
    1. With the removal of the directional requirement for Begone/Come Hither (the first change historically), this made players able to catch boats going ANY direction. Big mistake. The knee jerk reaction was to increase boat speed and decrease begone/CH speed.
    2. With the increased boat speed, there is no way to catch a boat without damaging it. This essentially turns Sea Combat into Boats VS Boats with no inbetween of boarding boats UNLESS one of the two contenders decides to allow the other into range.
    3. Part of the knee jerk reaction to the Directional Begone/CH Removal (#1), decreasing Begone/CH Speed caused a double buff to boat speed. As long as a boat has enough people repairing and a competent captain, that boat should never unintentionally be boarded by a player.
    4. Without Portal Chamber networks in player holdings, players cannot easily attend the Sea Tower events. They have to already live in proximity to the Sea Tower or else plan the long trek from where they live. For my clan and the Sea Towers that I attended, we lived in Dayar, the travel to the nearest tower (South) it would take around 30 minutes. This causes most people in our clan to not attend.

One of the biggest factors in not attending a Sea Tower in DF1 was the lack of a port within a short travel distance to the tower. Even then, boat travel time takes long enough that people go AFK or play rounds of other games (CSGO) while they wait on board.
    It's a real shame that so many well intentioned changes actually HURT RoA rather than help it. I tried to stop each and every one of the 4 things that I listed above from happening before RoA went into beta, but I wasn't able to convince the dev team, nor most of my friends.

Grimtide, Circa and GrimReapiN like this.
  18. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor

Interesting. Travel time is probably the biggest issue though, no?

Circa and HeganHatsumo like this.
  19. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Well not saying the mechanics were ever great, Sea Towers have always been a problem in DF1 partly due to travel, partly due to the rules of the tower (last hit lottery), and partly because of the boat mechanics themselves being very simple. I forgot one other change. The loot in DF1 was epic(0 to 300 rare ores). In RoA it's like 4-10 golem kills or something.

#39 RootedOak, Aug 31, 2017
    Grimtide and Circa like this.
  20. MWTaylor

MWTaylor Community Manager
    Staff Member BPG Representative Game Designer

This is a great thread, keep the feedback coming.

For tonight we'll have an update on our new village mechanics that are being worked on. It should help make them much more entertaining to fight over and will allow us to turn an already existing mechanic into something we hope is much more enjoyable. Outside of all of our pivotal changes we are working on, many of the things you have listed in this thread are on our to-do list as well.

Fengor, Circa and NonFactor like this.