Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

What would make you log in again? (veterans)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grimtide, Aug 31, 2017.

1. TwistedEndz

TwistedEndz Goblin Scout
    Hero

simple, make the map smaller get rid of cairn/niff/yassam/ruby and add more pvp "skull island" small ones with diff mobs , change the map around .. it's to big and I'm tired of WTB PVP because map is to big

NonFactor likes this.
  2. aaraym

aaraym Undead Dwarf
    Legend

I agree this is an issue. That is why people are complaining about travel.

Part of the reason for gear bags is they need to make skins materials of the same Q(quality level) inter changeable which would make a smaller map an easier change.

I think portal holding chambers is a bad idea especially if they do the above and make the map smaller and less dependent on all the variously spread out mobs to put gear together. Portal chambers in holdings just made a small group of people own and control way to much and drove smaller clans out of the game.

MINES - These are a bigger deal then people think. If you control mines for rares you basically have all the gear you want atm. Make this something that needs to be controlled like I posted before and not just holdings to be taken.

I brought up some smaller map ideas in the the DFO as it is plain when it comes to finding people regularly it is to large. The portal system did work in the old game for that but only because you had system telling you when someone was in a holding and/or hitting city nodes.

I really think something that gives incentive to raid other holdings increases activity and some sort of capture the flag system for resources could but.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. White Mamba

White Mamba Goblin Warlord

Fast travel and a LOT more player house spots around the map.

Circa likes this.
  4. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

with fast travel and global market implemented houses will be more useless than it is today

5. White Mamba

White Mamba Goblin Warlord

not if you add fancy housing deco... PSY noob

quietnoobz, Circa and NonFactor like this.
  6. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

I feel like there can be other types of progression than just shooting 1,000 firebolts etc on a mob or swinging 5,000 times to level melee though.

Faction points, ELO system, rewards for high scores in pve and capturing village points, blowing up buildings, etc. It's all there (the data) in the journal but nothing was ever done with it to incentivize people to compete over these things really other than bragging rights for the few who might give a shit.

Rimamok, Circa and Fengor like this.
  7. MWTaylor

MWTaylor Community Manager
    Staff Member BPG Representative Game Designer

I believe the right statement is "nothing was ever done yet with it to incentivize people to compete" :smile:

Instead of focusing on what makes your character effective in combat as the primary long-term goals for players, we plan instead create long-term goals around things like factions, rare titles, artisan skills and rare crafting recipes, etc.

Chantree and Rimamok like this.
  8. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Not saying this would bring me back but there are several areas of CONTENT that already exists in the game but isn't even used:
    • Trade Routes
    • City Wonders (not even one built)
    • r80 weapons
    • Fire Dragon's AI is cancer, make it stop flying away
    • Ice Dragon
    • The Demon
    • The Devil
    • Champions
    • Foundry (probably still not one built?)

#48 RootedOak, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    quietnoobz, Nat, Circa and 2 others like this.
  9. aaraym

aaraym Undead Dwarf
    Legend

I still have a lot of progression left. Only two melee skills maxed and two stats. Have plenty of spells that need to be level. That isn't even getting into crafting gear which would never end if there was a lot more pvp and dueling going on.

Some people must have a lot more time on there hands or something to have no progression left. The few people I know basically play the game 8+ hours a day.

I don't know how they can implement factions while there is clan vs clan and player holdings.

10. breakqop

breakqop Crypt Guard

complete removal of the character and item grind

i want a max character and infinite resources when i login

MMOArena GO!

Sameog likes this.
  11. Rhuk

Rhuk Goblin Shaman
    Loyal Legend

Opt In Racial Factions - who provide free basic (r40 + regs) gear, with king of the hill battle sites that provide a constant PVP

12. Prodigy_Burn

Prodigy_Burn Dire Zombie

Population.

Probably roa will stay a ghost town forever, with the same few ppl.

so, an arena maybe will make me log in for some fays.

13. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Travel time. While streaming today I found how annoying it is to keep people watching while I'm running from holding to holding.

Maybe make blue tail mounts super fast on straight aways building up momentum over time. Or rune books. Or portal chambers in holdings.

#53 aparks, Aug 31, 2017
  14. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor

Problem with fast travel that PLAYERS create is for instance, skills,g others players or issues with PvP. For example, the faster you move the less chance you have of bumping into other players but you'll reach events quicker. For PvP, its obvious, pop super fast mount and run away. Mountfall pls no. Its an imperfect solution.

Solution:
    Portals can be camped on both sides unless you're placed within the square but randomly within the square. I'd like to see a portal subway system with this mechanic. "EVERYONE TAKE VALLEY OF THE KINGS PORTAL, NO PUSSY"
    Cant fight in subway, but you all take a portal at the same time and you're transported into a random location within that portal's square. This would be the battlegrounds you all wanted, without any cheese mechanics, while also providing fast travel to villages, sieges, etc. The portal runs on a timer. Every 5 minutes, whoever is standing on the designated platform (like a subway) is teleported. Its perfect.

@MWTaylor @kilrain what do you guys think?

#54 GrimReapiN, Sep 1, 2017
  15. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

me chupa, chupetinha

16. Gaius_Octavian

Gaius_Octavian Goblin Warrior
    Legend

I still try to log in daily, but I'm finding it harder and harder to do so. We need things to do daily to encourage people to log in, and holdings need to have real value. Give people a reason to siege and people will entertain themselves for the most part while more content is added. You know it's bad when people start subbing to WoW because at least WoW gives you a reason to log in every day or two.

Fengor likes this.
  17. Cincere

Cincere Dire Zombie
    Hero

Yea... I'm sure you are fighting a lot of people right now...

18. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

If they can make mob spawns randomly in different locations that would get people out and about and add in boss mobs to each spawn instead of the current boss event thing. Just have a lot of mini bosses.

19. Cincere

Cincere Dire Zombie
    Hero

Never played wow... its obvous you aint playing darkfall either... just forum fall. Some full loot games are great.. this one was when it was populated... but.. people don't like getting ganked and losing all their shit ... regearing... and going back. Sorry not happening.. you noobs keep wondering why people don't play this... I'm telling you.. FULL fucking loot. Risk vs reward is absolute horrible here.

Just so you know.. most people probably did go back to playing wow because we played this at its best like 10 years ago... when people actually played it.

20. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

full loot wouldn't be as much of a problem for people if the gearing up process was more streamlined and they are working on that

Circa and Fengor like this.