Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

What would make you log in again? (veterans)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grimtide, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Cincere

Cincere Dire Zombie
    Hero

Grim.. they aint working on SHIT. This game has always been run by these kids. The problem here is... they relaunched this game yet again.. so fucking obvious full loot turns people off in this game specifically... because... everyone wants it open pvp everywhere... new players don't get a break.. people even cried because you couldn't kill your own race in racial towns like you could in the first launch.. WHY? because they want to grief... make even more people not like the game and leave.. over and over... niche game? takes a certain kind of person? Yea right... seems no one likes it. No one here.. even same forum trollers like 15 of them here always so quick to defend full loot but.. aint no one playing. This game would be great if you could just siege and pvp.. you think you are so skillful? dump full loot and lets see it.. quit holding people back.. lets play this fucking game the way it was meant to be played.. pvp and siege for holdings with some resources to make good weapons.. ect.

Its true.. this game has great pvp mechanics and feel.. siege mechanics are great! Too bad we cant enjoy it because dickheads wanna kill new players in noob zones.. they even wanna grief em in their own racial city.. crying about the towers.

Full loot has ruined this game since day fucking one... too bad we cant enjoy it. You guys keep talking that shit here on the forums defending it.... good luck playing with 50 people. May as well go ahead and erase agon and just keep one island and make it arena like these other guys are talking about.

2. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

And you're insinuating few people are playing solely because full loot exists?

3. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

I do not believe most people QUIT because of full loot but I do know anytime I have tried to get a real life friend to play they are instantly turned off by full loot because it sounds scary to the average gamer but in DF gear isn't that hard to stockpile and when I try to explain that they just can't handle losing their shit in a game if they die.

Taking full loot out completely I think is the wrong change, instead make gear insurable with gold like death items in AC (asherons call) so they have an option to lose their gear or spend gold to keep it if they die (which the player killing them gets instead of gear). Make it so if you're in a newb area and 200+ alignment you only drop 50% of your gold and none of your gear (this would discourage newb griefers). Outside the newbie zones in lawless areas the full loot still applies with the option to insure their gear for gold. The insure option only applies to +200 alignment players and scales with gear rank in cost. Negative alignment players full loot still applies anywhere.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. Cincere

Cincere Dire Zombie
    Hero

Unlike you.. I played this shit in beta.. in teamspeak, with hundreds of people and most.. left because of full loot. The 300-400 we played with were your niche crew who tolerated it and played it because there really wasn't anything better.. its 10 years later now. Don't come with that bullshit that hundreds of thousands played because they absolutely did not.. they did and beta and eu launch.. but tons left in droves getting ganked at all the spawns by us vets who played beta for months and already knew the game and where they would be. I played in murder herd. I contributed to it and watched it happen.. where were you?
    --- Post updated ---
    Don't come with that eve bullshit ... its no where near the same.

5. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

I would guess that most people left because of bugs, cheaters, grind, and losing holdings they all spent hundreds of hours buildings to people who poopsocked and exploited their characters to a unchallenged advantage early on. I highly doubt that full loot in an era people wore r0s, no regs, and cheap armor and cast mana missle and shot bows for the most part was the major contributing factor to them quitting the game.

I started late in 2011 so obviously I wasn't there personally but i've talked to hundreds of people who were there and from all those different opinions in different clans full loot was not even in the top 5 reasons people quit the game, but it does scare off potential customers. Complete removal would cause so many different problems because the game is designed around it. It's a core aspect of the game and I already gave you a suggestion to solve your problem with it that to ME seems like a good compromise.

Fengor likes this.
  6. blkgnd802

blkgnd802 Goblin Warrior

I only play because it's a FFA PvP MMORPG that requires twitch skills. It's so rare that I'll play whatever is available. I actually think the game would be more fun if there were thousands of robes, armor, and weapons, including elite, rare, and epic items that looked really cool and didn't drop on death. As long as players were perpetually pursuing shinies and running into each other for PvP it'd be fun but we're never going to get cool items in this game. Apparently AV couldn't design many items and none of the current DFs are adding new items. Not sure why it's so hard but apparently bone armor is all we're ever going to get.

The problem is the game was designed with just a handful of items and none of it is that valuable/unique. It needs to drop on death and break eventually.

Fast harvesting (already in the game), gear parity (coming), a global auction (entire gear bags could be purchased here), and gold not dropping on death for blues in lawful areas would make it way less punishing for newbs. Can't tell me a newb who was hunting hobgoblins for an hour wouldn't be happy about keeping the 10k gold that he earned.

Sameog, Wes Furtive and MikeJT like this.
  7. Cincere

Cincere Dire Zombie
    Hero

Some of you think gearing is easy... because you have played this game a long time and you know what is what and where everything is... most people playing this game are vets.. period. (because yet again.. everyone left) You say gear is easy only because you know what you are doing and no one is playing LOL. Try that shit with a server full of people. Not happening. This server did not see 10% of what the original launch saw.. It different... if this game was full of people and full loot.. you would probably be gone too. Its too easy to just kill people for the lulz.. too easy to camp people at bindstones out side of starter cities... too easy to just grief people here.

You guys cry about nothing to do... dump full loot let people pv fucking p and you will have plenty to do. pvp and siege holdings. That's what this game was about in the first damn place.. that's why its not full of quests and shit... its not a fucking quest game.

Its either make it full loot and make the shit easy to obtain so people don't care... or ditch full loot. Its gonna be one or the other.. by the time you realize it though.. its not gonna matter.

If you could pvp in this game.. die and get right back in the game and play... I would play. Fuck this slow ass lose your gear.. re gear... takes 15 to 30 minutes to get back to where you were depending on where you were. Then gotta farm gear after you go through the 30 bags it took you two months to make with the server being empty. Aint no one stacking gear but vets who know the game well.. all you guys are doing is running people off.
    --- Post updated ---
    You are right.. best thing unholy wars gave us was a fresh face and some good looking gear and fluff items.

8. Shivs

Shivs Crypt Guard

King of the hill villages, great idea mentioned here and being done in New Dawn, but and big but, and the same goes for Land towers with rewards.

Make 5 go live simultaneously every few hours, that way keep the fun available to all time zones and by having them on say, the 4 islands and one on the mainland, then one zerg clan cannot drive everyone out and turn them into "non" events, in the way the seatower was.

9. Fengor

Fengor Eodrin

Shark Mounts

10. Buffalo Spaceman

Buffalo Spaceman Frostjarl
    Hero

If only 95% of PvP encounters didn't involve the pussy ass vet zergs zerging the pussy vets who don't feel the need to win at all costs, maybe those pussy vets would play the game still.

11. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

I've only seen you a handful of times in game since beta and you were given a fair fight in most of them, the one time (recently) i remember seeing you, we raided calf with 5 people and you had ~7 or so but ran and hid while your clanmates died and got ganked so we stuck around waiting for you to come back out and ganked you and you got super pissy in public chat. You're a vet, man up instead of looking like a pussy in front of noobs who need vets like you to teach them the game. You also claimed we had 8, rofl.

12. Buffalo Spaceman

Hero

We had 2 active geared players, maybe 3 if you count the guy in r40s. No wonder you don't know you're a zerg, you can't even count.

Myater is the only person I've encountered since RoA launch that had the decency to not zerg. Every other time I've ran into anybody from shameful or wolfed or reign or whatever its just a shameless zerging.

You said you don't remember me being like this and it's true, I never was. When I used to go out, I'd run into groups of 4 or 5 and you would at leaswt get a good fight before you died, you would get the 2 vs 2 or a courtesy 1 vs 1 before the gank. Now its only about winning at all costsw and building pixels in a dead game. Nobody cares about the fights, when all there is left to do is try to get good fights. It is pathetic.

13. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

I went back another day and got 7v3'd by pure vets (dirt and wes furtive batman etc) very first time I streamed (very first fight on stream) and got wof'd at the top of the elevator by 7 dudes waiting for 3 of us. I didn't cry and bitch about it. I just put on another bag went back out. There wasn't people sitting there in r40s either, they had fp and r60 gear on them.

NonFactor likes this.
  14. Buffalo Spaceman

Hero

I honestly don't give a flying fuck what anybody in my clan does. I am not my clan, I am a person you and many others know. I spent so much time in DFO standing aside or making my clannies stand aside and handing out fair fights. I've sat and watched Fengor get ganked and had him sit and watch me get ganked for the sake of good fights many many times. When the game is dieing, your concern should be trying not to do stupid ass shit that you know damn well is what makes people quit this game.

I'll give you the other night in Calf, it was a city raid, it is to be expected. I was pretty grumpy that day, but this isn't an isolated incident. It is now the norm in this game and it's sickening.

Dixie Normus, Battle Smurf and Fengor like this.
  15. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

You should ask fengor what im like, i've done the same thing with him countless times including last night. I even remember having a fight with you in DFO where juice and crew jumped our fight and im trying to type to you guys that people are jumping the fight and I got stickied and ganked while mid typing, my clan jumped in and I gave you guys your gear back.

Fengor likes this.
  16. Pimptight

Pimptight Obsidian Golem
    Streamer Legend

Shadowbane style mine system and removal of mines from player holdings.

UO style factions with benefits to actually get people who would not normally pvp to join

faster more streamlined farming because pve is never going to be good so make it fast like uo,shadowbane did and people wont give a fuck if they lose 4-5 bags a day.

"other mentions i think would help"
    system message but i think making it if a tower gets a hit it will send a message if not then you wont see one maybe? At least gives solo dudes a chance to hit shit still but a big group will have more trouble.

Circa likes this.
  17. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Can you describe the shadowbane style mine system?

Slayven and Fengor like this.
  18. Buffalo Spaceman

Hero

Which is mighty fine of you, but when the game is in the state it is now, that sorta shit should be the norm. Not the exception.

When the game is thriving and has population and has fights to be found all over, by all means fuck fair fights, do what you gotta do, but the game is on it's deathbed and the vets especially should be treating it as such.

Dixie Normus and Fengor like this.
  19. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Can't expect everyone to be that way though man, that's just the reality of it.

Circa, Fengor and Buffalo Spaceman like this.
  20. Pimptight

Pimptight Obsidian Golem
    Streamer Legend

Players may also capture a resource mine in most zones which will provide a steady stream of resources or gold to the owning city's warehouse. The closer the city is to the mine, the greater the yield they will receive from that mine.

These points become available for capture just once per day, and this is called its "window of opportunity". During the Window of Opportunity, a mine's guard tower is vulnerable to attacks from players wielding siege weapons or using the Battle Magus discipline.

Once the tower has been destroyed, any player with the Prospector discipline may stake a claim and receive a new tower. Any new claims require the destruction of the new tower and will overwrite the previous claim. The prospector who holds claim of the mine when the window of opportunity ends becomes the owner of that mine and his or her guild's city will begin to receive hourly deliveries of resources. The competition begins anew the following day, at the next window.

Mine Management
    If you have successfully captured a mine, you may then order what type of resources are harvested by speaking with a your warehouse's Senechel NPC. Any player can see what you are harvesting by simply pulling up their world map.

You may also set a different hour for your window of opportunity for all mines in realms where there is a city belonging to your nation. Other mines will use their realm's default window instead.