Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

What would make you log in again? (veterans)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grimtide, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Sound's interesting but this looks like a copy/paste, Care to explain how you want it to work in DF?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Pimptight

Pimptight Obsidian Golem
    Streamer Legend

so a solo guy could farm these same resorces like you can now i.e. hitting nodes and farming mobs that drop it and still compete and have gear made. But big clans and alliance's would need the mines to be able to mass produce the amount of armor needed to supply them "in a populated scenario" you would have small sieges and skrims every single day and meaningful ones because everyone needs the resorces. You had gold mines all the way up to for example theryl all over so small groups could still fight over some of the less important ones and huge clans will have fights over the best ones obviously. Now in shadowbane you could ninja a mine so solo dudes could actually snag a boss ass mine from a zerg if they were really fucking good. I am rambling and on a cell phone so ill cut it here and say in closing the system made everone who played have a meaningful reason to fight over something needed by everyone every single day.

Circa and Grimtide like this.
  3. Green Chili

Green Chili Spellgazer
    Legend

Well since we seem to be going "all in" on this thread...

I'd really like to see a faction type system that meaningfully rewards and encourages all types of players to participate. Everyone from crafters/gatherers, farmers and explorers (chaos chest hunters), and low to high level pvpers.

Let new players practice fighting each other in no loot (auto res) safe zones for faction points with anti- camping protections.

Gatherers can turn in their items for points and get more faction points the farther they go into enemy territory to get them.

Crafters get more points for turning in more high lvl gear and these items can be purchase from NPC vendors for faction points, otherwise this gear is deleted every couple of days. Perhaps the crafters get a low cost rare ingot to replace what they sold to the NPC to help lvl their craft.

Point multpliers the more varied your contribution is.

Faction point-leader boards /titles for all types of players. Resets weekly/monthly.

Top 3 contributors get a choice of fluff item, R70 weapon, etc.

If we want to get crazy.... make an event type reward, maybe the chance for one of the top 3 contributors to control a mob for a short time, see how long you can stay alive... really go to town on the enemy factions, or just screw around with you clan.

Also, quite a few of the things mentioned in this thread, and much more, but this would be a great start, IMO.

Grimtide likes this.
  4. Pimptight

Pimptight Obsidian Golem
    Streamer Legend

its almost the vcp system but not a shit ass version like that you would have to defend the mine/stone for an hour no matter what like now people can just blow up a VCP abd run like hell and avoid the fight. This system would require defending your claim for a hour.
    --- Post updated ---
    i would love a faction system that awarded points like UO and items like fluff shit colored r70's or blessed r50's even fuck who cares.
    --- Post updated ---
    also would blessed clothing and or fluff item deeds be such bad fucking thing at this point?

Who here would honestly trade unlimited clan v clan fights with people wearing the best stuff for what we have now if a few assholes get to keep a blessed helmet or 2?

Grimtide likes this.
  5. Fengor

Fengor Eodrin

Pfhhh I never died ever.

Grimtide likes this.
  6. Mighty Mouse

Mighty Mouse Akathar
    Legend

Factions or some sort of internal war game. So I dont log in and wait around for pvp or randomly roam. There is a place and certain times that I know were to find pvp. Log in daily get the fix and log off to do other things. DF as it is... is a total life sink.

Circa and Fengor like this.
  7. ChronoHood

ChronoHood Windlord
    Hero

I'd login again and stay subbed just to hit trees.. not kidding..
    The only thing is .. I dont feel like fucking walking every 20 seconds..
    Harvesting is an enjoyable AFK activity.. Make a separate set of tools for people to enjoy harvesting like it was in DF1...
    There were several changes made that nobody asked for ... we didn't want a new game bros.. We wanted you to add shit to DF1 and clean it up a bit. You've wasted SO MUCH TIME combating macroing for nothing ... You'd have more people subbed + playing + macroing right now than you have now .. People that miss the bloodwall would be there... Your game would look 10x more active..
    So , there you go... I'm not sure what you call success.. but I know what to call failure ;(
    Should have just raised the skill rates on everything and left even the small shit like rigor in to make us feel like its still an RPG.
    Make gear easy to craft with the enchants making the biggest difference. Let people fight over enchanted shit + enchant spawns ..instead of just having a decent enough base gearbag to even have a fair fight.

The travel time is still way too long.. I can hop in any other game and have fun in 10 minutes.
    I hop in darkfall and I might have have fun in 30-40 minutes to a few hours.. Or I'll just get to my spawn and end up getting ganked by 2 vets or some shit.. So bleh ..

I'll say this again

RUNE BOOKS FOR FAST TRAVEL OR R.I.P. DARKFALL FOREVER

NonFactor likes this.
  8. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

I got my character back after i deleted it myself. Its hard to conpletely give up on df even if you give up on gaming. That does not mean that im back yet.

I would love to see every single tedious things removed from the game.

-Remove tools
    -Remove crafting time(but pvp... i dont care, its tedious).
    -Remove arcane rings and neck
    -Reduce tower damage
    -Add 1 underwater spell
    -A lot of stuff i no longer need to mention since they got patched or will be.
    -Allow us to purchase anything with the gold in our bank.
    -Easy risk free trading through the bank
    -crafting order rather than me having to log on a alt to have somebody crafting my stuff.

#88 Scrapnotcrap, Sep 1, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  9. The Red King

The Red King Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

Make magnitude mean something
    Make it so party names dont move all the fuck over when you port
    fix bag bugs when going through a portal
    fix gui bugs when going through a portal
    add the ability to either bind to someones house even if you own one
    add the ability to bind to a second chaos stone
    have city messages go off when someone hits one of your nodes
    alliances should get your city buffs
    whole party should share the gold and the rewards of vcps
    make all spawns scale able by difficulty - not just the amount
    double click mats from your bag to go into the enchant window
    if your recall fails by knocking or crashing dont put it on timer
    make it so mobs dont always attack your mount so we can do some pve on mounts
    make chaos chests much more rare with much better loot
    add in tinkering where i can make a chaos chest and have it blow up for 200 damage
    add the ability for me to put a waypoint on the map that the whole clan / party can see
    reduce tornados cast time by 50% and it will be a cool new spell that people actually use
    remove mines from the cities and place them outside the city - make them go live every 4 hours for the rares
    add in dyed bone armor / full plate / inferno etc that is black and can only be found as rare loot.
    Have named mobs that never de-spawn that have such loot
    You have to hit multiple stops on the trade route to get more loot - if you die the killer gets all the loot you gained so far.
    Have reds be seen by saints in a tile
    Explosion potions that are on a 5 or 10 second timer
    Add rare colored mounts that you have to pve to get
    New players cant be killed until 30 days or they choose to remove it - cant go to vcps or islands / center etc
    Add in the ability to remove stuff off the guy you downed without ganking - rob feature
    Add in factions
    add in forever wars that are mutally agreed upon
    Add huge penalties for pking people in blue zones
    Add the color for skinned graves
    Add more dungeon quests that give something really cool so people do them everyday like the old mediation quests that nobody does anymore
    Land towers - Ports you up in the sky on a new land mass that removes your name and removes you from party and places you randomly on the land - people fight till there is one survivor - like Umbertos event

So many more things I can think of. That took 5 minutes and would make this game 100X better.

Basically I need something to do when villages are on timer / and I am maxed and have a full bank - Give me something to do.

Wes Furtive and Circa like this.
  10. Epik Wang

Epik Wang Skeleton Archer
    Loyal Contributor Legend

No i dont mean like bags dropping on the ground. Lets just use a boat as a moving object... If you drop a bag it doesnt stay on the boat, it falls though it, if you die on a boat you go though it. Stuff like that I dont think the devs are able to change. If things like that can not be changed it just kind of shows me that they are very limited on what they are able to do.

11. axilmar

axilmar Goblin Warrior
    Supporter

You say 'great thread', but you don't seem to participate in it so much, nor you seem to listen to what the audience has to say.

Don't panic though, there is a solution, but are you prepared to listen? that is the question.

Nevertheless, I will attempt again to give you the solution that I feel it's most appropriate for you, given the constraints you have. I feel it's a shame that now that the game is given another chance to be wasted.

First of all, forget fast grind. Crafting, pvping, full loot and pve is all the game has, and brinding truly new content requires lots of artists and developers, which you don't have.

So let's talk about what you can easily do.

1.grinding/maxing out/character development.

a. duration.

You should make maxed out character development/grinding last 5 years at least.

But progress shouldn't be equal at all levels!

Start with a huge progress rate, then make the progress rate smaller and smaller as the stats increase.

I'd use the term 'inverse logarithmic rate' to decrease the progress rate.

b. impact.

Since you're making progress progressively slower, make it matter.

For every point a player gets in stats, his progress should be noticable.

Maxed out players should be *very powerful*.

They should be able to knock down 10s of enemies with a huge blast/sword swing.

But they should also be *very rare*.

Only the very best players shall be able to reach max status.

c. locality/rarity.

The most valuable an item is, the most rare it shall be.

Make the base mats available *everywhere*, and in *huge* quantities.

You don't want players to compete for base materials.

Let the locality of rare items organically create levels.

For example, I'd put theyril mats in only *one* place in the map.

Everyone that wants to compete for the top material, should go to that place. If they dare!

2. new player experience.

New players will make vets log in, so this has to get a mention.

a. player protection.

I've said it before, I am saying it again: 24 hours of gameplay is not enough new player protection.

Make protection relative to distance based from starting city; the closer to the starting city, the higher the protection.

Also make protection relative to stats. The higher the stats, the less the protection.

b. player guidance.

Organize quests in such a way that a new player is driven through every possible action the game has. Guide the new player to learning all the secrets of the game, to the extend the game permits.

3. fast travel.

Enable fast travel, period.

Put lots of portals in the game (with a cost, of course).

Let players create rune stones or whatever they are called to create their own custom network of moving around.

The players are few, the world is big, so this makes sense and you know it.

4. conquest.

a. enable fast sieges. This may be out of your reach as a development team, but it would be nice if small groups of players could play sieges as soon as they log in.

b. enable parallel sieges. I don't know if the game permits it or not, but huge empires should be able to defend multiple holdings simultaneously. If they can't, they have no right to maintain those holdings.

c. make holdings valuable, but not impenetrable. Put mines *right outside* of holdings, let players have to curry stuff from outside to inside of holdings. Give a chance to other players to loot clan mines.

d. let clans get taxes from looting in their areas. The more areas they have, the higher the taxes they should get.

e. are clan areas visible on the map? if not, then show them on the map. Let the players see which areas each clan has.

f. let resource nodes give increased loot depending on distance from holdings.

5. skills

a. impact.

Let skill levels have real impact on the battlefield.

Player skill should be equalized for characters of the same skill level.

The impact of max out skills should be *tremendous*. But it should be really difficult to use them/maintain them/reach them.

b. grind

The griding for maxing out skills should be *huge*.

But progress should be on an inverse logarithmic scale, like character stats: initial progression should be rapid, but it should take 5 years to reach 100%!!!

6. full loot

If you do all the above, full loot will work organically, and there wouldn't be a need to change it.

As long as players have plenty of resources, full loot will work. It will not matter if a player loses a mid-tier armor, because that would be easily replaceable, but higher tier armor would make players very nervous to lose it!!!!

7. game conclusion

If a clan manages to maintain 75% of holdings for a specific period of time (say, a month), then the game resets, the clan is declared winner of Agon, and they get a prizes and publicity.

When we say 'reset', I mean completely reset, as in wiped out. And the characters as well. All the players have to start over.

For added effect, resources and monster locations shall be randomized after a reset.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't like all the above for some reason, here is another idea:

*put each resource at one location only in the map*

I am sort of joking on this one, but who knows, it might work. It will certainly create pvp hot spots, pvp routes, give values to holdings, but then again it's a crazy idea, so, who knows...

12. Methodico

Methodico Winterbound

RUNEBOOK!!!!!!!!!!!

13. skreww L00se

skreww L00se Undead Dwarf
    Legend

Unfortunately, an arena type system.

breakqop likes this.
  14. gatorsmash

gatorsmash Deadeye
    Legend

A laid out plan before any changes.

Not the current two guys trying to find which braker popped by flipping random shit in the code yelling through the walls " is that it?"

MikeJT likes this.
  15. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

I want an "I win" button I need to grind for 300 hours to obtain.

I have no life so grinding to make up for my compete lack of actual skill is all I have.

I have an epic toon already and access to the best mobs in game but I need more content to keep me happy. By "content" I mean more ways to obtain epic gear with ZERO effort.

Finally, I want more fast travel. If it takes me more than 3 minutes to get somewhere its simply too much. It cuts into valuable bank staring time and I can't post about how epic I am on forums whilst avoiding wager duels if I need to pay attention to where I'm going.

/sarcasm

16. Cincere

Cincere Dire Zombie
    Hero

Solve my problem with it.. bro do you not realize no one is playing this game? Although you say you talked to hundreds.. you talked to the "few" is more realistic here... and they told you THEY are fine with full loot. I know personally with whom I played with for months.. people who said.."fuck this grind fest... fuck full loot.. and fuck this griefer crap" In BETA. Not after launch... Launch was great.. was tons of people playing... was also tons of people dying ect.. yes with r0-r40 loot drops, regs, ect. At launch.. where thousands of people played... every alignment city was full of people gathering and grinding... and losing shit constantly. Because.. WE the vets that palyed beta... ran them the fuck off killing them at spawns.. over and over... and WE watched the population go down very fast BEFORE na even launched. Na launched and split the population dramatically... So as others try to tell me I'm wrong.. that tons of people played even years after na launch... either you were not there or you are just full of shit. This game was considered DEAD after mount damage nerf.. that wasn't even a year after na launch.

I know you guys think you know it all.. and I know you guys think full loot is the only way to go.. because completely different games like UO were successful with it but you are WRONG. Those games.. like mentioned in this very thread have a completely different system... Shit in uo was not at all hard to obtain.. everything was practically given to you. Here.. its fucking stupid. Gather gather gather... may not even make it back to the bank with the shit you spent hours gathering for. NO ONE wants to do that over and over gtfo.

You guys see this game way differently.. because you have NEVER seen it populated to understand.. You call all these changes.. we should do this.. we should do that.. are just circle jerking making it even less enjoyable. Who the fuck idea was it to take away rune stones? Some dumbasses.

Another aspect you guys are always crying about is the world is too big... Well I'm sure its safe to go ahead and reduce it now because no one is playing. Three launches later... You guys have no competition because new dawn aint gonna make it either.

Just so you know... those other games you keep mentioning.. shadowbane.. uo.. they were dead long ago as well.. just because they still have 100 people playing doesn't mean its any good... its the same people like you who are still here trying to hold the game down to everyone else who wants to actually enjoy it.

You wanna keep full loot... make shit easy to obtain.. fuck this resource grind.. people wanna play this game to pvp and siege.. fuck those quests and all that other bullshit people are not gonna do reguardless. Its gonna be either full loot and easy to obtain anything you need... or its gonna be ditch full loot penalty and play the fucking game. Period

17. judgedarktide

judgedarktide Goblin Scout

Would Villages to have Bonus Loot/Reward based on how many people are capping it.

Would like Resources as Mines/Groves etc. be located outside the city walls faar enough away from the banks that naked mining will become difficult.(and easier for new players to raid)

Would like to see Center dungeon made Worthwhile and a location to be fought to control for. some sort of daily quests in there perhaps or maybe some new mob spawns or rotate the old ones and make it more attractive.

Random Unique Mob Spawn across the world ( Would make exploring and traveling more fun)

...will add more later these are just some takes i would see taking the game to new population levels. :)

18. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

Reading everything you say tells me that you haven't played this game in at least 2 months.

You keep beating the same drum but you're playing to a tune that isn't even relevant any more.

Gear grind is minimal. Upcoming patch will make it even easier to get viable gear. Gathering is incredibly fast. Obtaining gear is incredibly fast. Work with a clan and it's even faster.

You're literally describing a game that no longer exists with all your tantrum posts.

Guess what: removing full loot removes any incentive to actually PvP. Oh I killed a guy, and he's back in 5 minutes in the same gear I killed him in?

What's the point?

Nat and RootedOak like this.
  19. Cincere

Cincere Dire Zombie
    Hero

You are fucking stupid and should completely quit posting because its obvious in every post you are just fanboing this game to death... You are the ONLY one who defends this bullshit development team. You damn right I have not played... fucking DUHH. The changes made have not and are not gonna do shit for this game.

20. l0st exile

l0st exile Crypt Guard

very simple. in shadowbane guild towns had what was called a warehouse(?). a place to store resources. as an example, Vakrah is one of the best villages. all mines gave a static resource. we will just call Vakrah a theyril mine. meaning if you capture the theyril mine.. instead of it ticking every hour and getting gold into your backpack. the hour tick would give you 10 theyril ore and place it in your town warehouse(captain bank). once a clan has captured a mine. they can set their "window of opportunity."

lets pretend our window of opportunity is set from 8pm-9pm EST. this means during those hours our clan will have to defend the mine from attackers trying to capture it. if we successfully keep the mine from being captured by another clan for that hour, we keep the mine. the window of opportunity is the same for all mines we own. so if we want to hold the two best mines, we're going to need a force at each mine protecting it for the said hour. meaning, it will be hard for "elite clans" to control all the mines. they're going to have to pick and choose what to defend. or capture other clan mines if they have a different window of opportunity set.

some mines can be raw gold, timber, ore, leather, q5 eye, rare ore, q4-5 horn, steedgrass or q3 lifeforce.. etc anything you really want.