Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

What would make you log in again? (veterans)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grimtide, Aug 31, 2017.

1. gatorsmash

gatorsmash Deadeye
    Legend

Grimtide is the poster child for why this version of Darkfall died in a month.

I hated murder heard while I had to play against them but God damn do I miss them now. Those guys always brought numbers no matter what game I ran up against them.

I would give a suggestion but these Developers don't have any common sense whatsoever.

New Dawn is going to be more hardcore anyway- you are literally going to have to fight from wherever you happen to get your pixels back to the bank every step of the way. I can't wait to do a Siege where nobody had logged out five alts with 10 cannons on them.

Edit- in case you don't know what that means New Dawn is making it so if you log out encumbered you stay in game. Bbbbbwwwwaaahah. Can't wait

Lucan and Battle Smurf like this.
  2. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

I think it's funny how all the new dawn fanboys have such a hard on for me. It's not new, since quite a few people have one here as well and did in UW. I'm used to it but glad I can make an entire community hateful when I haven't even logged into your game.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Jack_Bauer

Jack_Bauer Ghost
    Wealthy Legend

Theres nothing to do. They took everything that there was to do and made it into complete shit. Villages shit. Trade route shit. Farming mobs shit. Sea tower shit. Raiding cities to steal mines(lol) shit. Stealing houses that go live shit. There is nothing to do and i understand some of these things are okay if you have a small group but im talking purely solo play if your mates are offline or you play alone. I played a ton of the original dfo solo capping villages and getting pvp at every one or going to sea towers or trade routes alone or even trying to cap house that go live solo. Spent countless hours farming mobs solo to get resources to push my solo playstyle and im not talking about the good mobs solo im talking about average mobs that no one would farm. Bloodknights/crogs/matayians/hivekin and the like but now those are so shitty its actually dumb to even attempt to farm them. Instead of bringing all the mobs up to a higher tier so there is more people farming random mobs in the world creating pvp they nerfed everything into the absolute ground and made the game desolate as fuck. Whats the point of raiding a city now? There is no mine to take and there is no system messages so the people whose holding it is who would of recalled and gave you a fight in the old dfo dont even know you are there now so they dont come to fight you? Dumb as fuck. Villages are dogshit to cap solo. I mean i dont even understand the logic.

4. breakqop

breakqop Crypt Guard

Mount and Blade's combat mechanics are nothing like Darkfall's... which is what really differentiates Darkfall from other games.

Why aren't you playing Wurm Online?

Sameog and Fengor like this.
  5. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

rip portal chambers/system messages and good mines, some of the biggest things missing for bringing pvp in this game compared to 2012 DF

Fengor, RootedOak and BertHulka like this.
  6. Rigon

Rigon Windlord
    Legend

No gold cost on war decs

No war dec limits

Remove 1 hit towers from capital cities

More spells

More shit to grind

7. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Yeah i'm actually glad you don't play.

Remove towers from npc cities completely and make npc cities complete safe zones.

Dixie Normus, Lucan, Sique and 2 others like this.
  8. gatorsmash

gatorsmash Deadeye
    Legend

I'm critical to both development companies. But more often than not , New Dawn comes up with the right idea compared to rise of agon which always goes with the ' how can I deter PVP even more' route.

You just catch more heat then most because you're the most vocal idiot that supports every dumb move Big Picture game makes

9. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

You should actually go through my post history if you actually believe this.

It's pretty funny how pretty much everyone who supports new dawn doesn't even see the impacts on pvp that their changes will cause (hello invulnerable player cities unless you drop a raid stone or an insanely expensive siege), not to mention their combat is ACTUALLY bad because of what they've done. Needs serious rebalancing.

Bunch of theorycrafting on paper people instead of experienced people who have foresight enough to see what will ACTUALLY happen.

Sique, Fengor and RootedOak like this.
  10. Rigon

Rigon Windlord
    Legend

ur not a true darkfall player, ur an arena kid. Real men trade gank steal and grief noobs. GPS 4 life.

11. Cincere

Cincere Dire Zombie
    Hero

This was at the end after everyone left... lol

12. Quin Tessence

Quin Tessence Black Knight
    Legend

If Darkfall is going casual then we should just turn spawning mounts and ships into a skill so that you risk nothing pulling out a ship.

Add 24 hour cool down and a 72 hour cool down if its destroyed. Make spawning ships only require a couple of ship mods or spawning mounts only cost some grass

If these deploy-able items are tricky to unlock and super easy and low risk to use it would be a shove in the right direction.

You could even keep mounts and ships like they are now as Legacy items that are a little bit better then summoned items.

Changes like that would get me to log in more

13. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

Can you imagine yourself saying this a year ago? Funny how fast opinions change. If anyone mentioned safe zones during beta they were instantly verbally slaughtered by us vets.

14. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Never had a problem with NPC cities being safezones, the surrounding area no thanks, but the real problem with the GIANT safezones in UW was they were like 30% of the fuckin map lol.

RootedOak and Fengor like this.
  15. Catorino

Catorino Crypt Guard
    Legend

Not been following the discussion about this but tagging onto your post, they should nuke all the outer NPC cities, should just be a captial for each race.

Lucan likes this.
  16. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

Well maybe not you, but the large majority of vets seemed to be super anti safe zones a year ago.

17. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

Entirely unnecessary. What should be done, and I'm sure you'll agree, is most ships should have a built in strong box. Just trade through that.

18. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

at current point it should be 50% tbh...

19. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

Well we can agree to disagree on that.

Most new players I've been on a ship with try to trade on moving ship expecting to be able to.

It makes zero sense you can't trade on a moving ship and 0 sense that bodies drop into water off deck.

20. Gotja

Gotja Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

Arena would be fun until everyone gets too scared and it's the same people every time