Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

What would make you log in again? (veterans)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grimtide, Aug 31, 2017.

1. SomeBK

SomeBK Infernal
    Legend

Kind of like what happens now?

These threads, lol. Guys, at some point you gotta chillax and play something else in the meantime until something cool gets put into works.

Mea Kulpa likes this.
  2. trammiesurprise

trammiesurprise Wildtribe Mage
    Legend

Hello. I wish I knew why I stopped logging in, not sure tbh but one day I lost my motivation. I had a routine of logging in and getting my dailies done for med points but one day I was just like "nah". The most fun I had was Alpha, instant equal character to everyone and constant fights.

If I had to guess I would say since I'm older and have much less free time I prefer games I can just log into and do what ever the fuck I want to have fun.

In another game I started playing I reached PvP viability in the first 4 hours and ever since I spend my time doing what I want: group pvp, solo roaming for player kills and treasure, and managing my own farm.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Fengor likes this.
  3. TwistedEndz

TwistedEndz Goblin Scout
    Hero

it's simple , change things around , add fog of war , make island smaller or get rid of them ( cairn yassam ruby niff )add new small ones with pvp content , change mobs around etc

4. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

ELO

derp

NonFactor likes this.
  5. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

id love see a arena with rankings/elo etc. (finally ppl will stop to call me "so bad" on forums, lol)

my only concern is about how the "organic" pvp will happen after this.

map is too big, population is always low... considere less ppl roaming looking for fights would be devastating for the game

6. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

The goal (to me) is to leave the arena to the pros/competitive/casuals who want to try arena pvp here n there. Hopefully grow the game that way (game instantly becomes streamable with an active arena with not so long queue times and hopefully bo3 bo5 etc rules) and hopefully the casual crowd and sheep can enjoy PVE and crafting with less sharks/wolves running around the open world. Hopefully they put in things like mines open world because you would have to keep your gear up for the arena.

I'm either for or against an arena depending what BPG decides it wants to move towards atm I can see mostly positives with the only real negative being the open world game actually dies if the population doesn't increase. The arena shouldn't be financially rewarding (gold/rares) but fluff things like titles, nithron coins, race change tokens, cool weapon skins, etc.

#146 Grimtide, Sep 2, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    NonFactor likes this.
  7. MaxiHori

MaxiHori Akathar

I'm not a veteran but a simple pvp quest with istant gratification would be enough for me, something like "get there in 30min to get a reward".
    I would like to login but what for?

8. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Yup open world world quests would be great, especially if there was chains of quests you could do around the map and by the end you ended up with a siege bag. People would run these DAILY.

MaxiHori, Sameog, Lucan and 1 other person like this.
  9. MaxiHori

MaxiHori Akathar

it would even better if it was dynamic based on ranking/stats and party size. like 2 party with 4 people get the same quest to go to the same place at the same time.

Sameog likes this.
  10. Darkwulf

Darkwulf Gravelord

1. Something for clans to fight over other than villages. Maybe an empty keep, like the deathless mage keep. Something that does not have a timer and people could fight over it all day. There should be numerous keeps with some type of defender perks for the clan that currently owns it.

2. Saints being able to track reds in lawful lands.

11. Sloppy

Sloppy Goblin Warlord
    Legend

You'd have to convince my whole clan to come back. I'm not sure why we slowly dwindled away but it happened.

One day we were 40 strong having a great time, and next thing you know there was only 5-10 left. It happens in every single game and I have no explanation for it. People get bored and go play the shitty 30-50 man server games.

The major reason in my opinion is lack or organized group content.

There needs to be non-stop pvp conflict, but that is impossible in Darkfall because if you aren't great at pvp, you will be spending all your time attempting to re-gear.

Need some GSA (From AC) or something.

Anyways, good luck I really hope you come up with something. But it'll need to be big.

By the way, for the lazy man out there please fix the f'n cities so the crafting station are right beside the banks!

Dixie Normus likes this.
  12. Hane

Hane Skeleton Archer
    Legend

I really doubt I'll ever come back, but I'll tell you why I stopped playing:

1) Low population, from the very start. Darkfall needs a "large" player base to be fun.

2) Character progression was the only content the game really had, and it was reduced dramatically for launch. It's now been reduced even more for whatever reason. There is literally nothing worthwhile to do in game. You may as well have an Arena style game at this point rather than an MMO.

-No meaningful or challenging PvE.

-Very little sand in the box.

-Very little reason to conquer territory.

Darkfalls base combat system is the only thing going for it.

BPG would've had more success if they had bought and rereleased Unholy Wars.

13. AdamDMC

AdamDMC Gravelord
    Supporter

Same. I havent logged in forever due to alot of traveling for work. But I was hoping to see more stuff added. I know its a small team, and I am in it for the long run. I have no problem supporting the game. Just when I have time to come back I hope some stuff has changed

14. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

-dumped gf

15. Fengor

Fengor Eodrin

Careful with real life big hane or you'll become a dad

trammiesurprise and SomeBK like this.
  16. Darktide

Darktide Fire Elemental

I will log in either way but ill drop my Christmas list here

Higher population by advertising and going free to play
    Lots of items in the store such as cosmetics to sustain
    More noob friendly changes to increase player retention

Weekly / Daily quests that are actually worth it
    Rarer items (like safes)

I don't think this game needs to rely on what the vets want that aren't playing
    I think most changes need to be pushed in to bring fresh faces, while still appeasing to the current player base when possible.

17. chad

chad Celestial
    Loyal Hero

All I want to see is something that isn't recycled AV work. BPG has said it themselves that they can't actually create anything new. Pretty disheartening. Fking hire someone.

The Cannibal likes this.
  18. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

We've created plenty of "new" stuff. The only thing we can't put in is animation and it has absolutely zero to do with talent lol.

NonFactor and Argast like this.
  19. chad

chad Celestial
    Loyal Hero

Name one pls

20. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

search my post history, I've already been through this before.