Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

What would make you log in again? (veterans)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grimtide, Aug 31, 2017.

1. chad

chad Celestial
    Loyal Hero

When I need a refresher on the various leveling systems in RoA history, I'll definitely do that.

Hire someone.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #161 chad, Sep 3, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2017
    The Cannibal and Fengor like this.
  2. Janosh

Janosh Windlord
    Legend

chad pls... the 1 - 5 skill system was definitely a game changer.

3. Argast

Argast Goblin Warlord

Get a life!!!!!!

#163 Argast, Sep 3, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2017
  4. Murkage

Murkage New Member

UO FACTIONS and AoS Insurance/Loot System

UO FACTIONS:

• Select 8 major NPC cities to compete over sigils
    • Establish 4 factions that anyone can sign up for and place the signup stone outside 4 Faction Bases scattered in the Mainland
    • The top faction cannot have more than 150% of the lowest populated faction (lower as needed to force clans to be spread out among the factions)
    • If you resign from a faction, it will take a week before you are removed, this is to avoid clans faction hopping.
    • If you are not in a faction, the game plays as it does now, regarding safe zones etc., but you limitations would be put in place to avoid having "blues/reds" interfering with factions.
    • Every 14 days, votes are tallied to determine a Faction Leader. The Faction Leader has the power to designate someone as a City Treasurer (should your faction be lucky enough to own a city) and another person as City Sheriff (not sure what this job title would entail though)
    • Each week sigil stones go live and must be stolen from the sigil post in a faction city, carried to your factions base and defended for 12-16 hours for the sigil to be "corrupted" and your faction now owns that NPC city for the next week, until the sigils go live again.
    • If your faction owns an NPC city, you can create Faction Armor, which is slightly better than regular crafted armor, but cannot be worn if not in a faction and can only be crafted in a Faction NPC city that you own. This armor can be insured, i.e. on death 10000 gold/(faction currency) from your bank is given to the person who got the gank. This makes it so people aren't constantly playing conservative for fear of losing gear/time, but make the more expensive gear cost more to insure.
    • Triple the cost of all reagents across the server, but make it so the 8 major NPC Faction Cities can reduce or increase the price of goods if they own the city. This can be changed once per day, so if a faction lowers reagents for themselves to buy stuff, for the next 24 hours others can still come into the city to purchase cheaper goods too.
    • Faction Mounts can be crafted as well with 75 and 100 taming.
    • Faction Leaderboard aka showscore aka "punkte"
    • STAT LOSS!!! Base stats are reduced to a max of 80 for the next 15 minutes upon gank by an opposing faction

#164 Murkage, Sep 3, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
    kingp43 and Crumly like this.
  5. Howard Nom5234

Howard Nom5234 New Member
    Hero

I think the need to produce a space door, isolated top PVP players and new players, the same map section, but by killing and the proportion of death, to determine what you should live in which space, when to enter the next section, so novice players After growing into a qualified PVP player into the brutal top fight.

6. Snow

Snow Goblin Warlord

1. House deeds back in chaos chests with added villages to the game.
    2. Shrink the map.
    3. Add more of the backpack quests such as the conclave.
    4. Themed mounts, themed chaos chests, UW had a great idea with that.

7. The Cannibal

The Cannibal Akathar

Dump roa and license dfuw. You'll be able to achieve more shit on a newer engine.

8. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

dfuw, a completely new that died in 6 months?

sounds promising.

9. The Cannibal

The Cannibal Akathar

RoA, re-launch with everything updated from the original, making it better than it was before died in 2 months

RoA overhaul sounds promising as well.

Prodigy_Burn likes this.
  10. onslaught

onslaught Black Knight
    Affluent Loyal Patron

A dev team with leadership and vision.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  11. Crumly

Crumly Earth Elemental
    Hero

Played DFO, some DFUW, and beta for ROA. I played beta to the last couple days.
    When the game launched I made a character reluctantly and quit an hour later.

The game itself is fine, what I hate and have hated since the game launched is the community and how the game is played.

In UO, the same shit happened, the community ruined the game and origin had to introduce Trammel because the various karma (Soft restrictions) weren't enough to save the game from the community of "pvpers"... lol what a fucking joke of a term.

Let me stop myself right here and say if you consider yourself a "pvper" in these open world FFA games, then you are in fact part of the problem. If you play WOW and all you do is the arena/battlegrounds, yea, you are a pvper. If you play counter strike or overwatch or league of legends, yea, you are a pvper.

If you play Darkfall and are prepared and practised and equipped and ready and willing to kill players who cannot effectively fight back, you can give yourself a clap on the back for ruining the game you say you enjoy.

If I were King For a Day regarding darkfall, i'd reintroduce a strict as fuck racial division system, and restrict pvp to certain areas of the map, only the most dangerous areas the demon area, the devil areas, the dragon areas, and the center dungeon, and put a SINGLE TYPE of exclusive reward in those areas, like enchanting mats or something.

In UO post age of shadows, "pvpers" (lol) controlled the power scroll market, and the vast bulk of your equipment came from "trammies", the artifacts which were your weapons/armor/crafted stuff.

I knew UO players who played for years just crafting bulk order deeds, taming dragons and going through PVE areas. From time to time a trammie guild would attempt champion spawns and we'd go kill them, but for the most part pvpers fought against other pvpers.

Darkfall has a far more interesting game play than UO, the actual mechanic of controlling your character, but IMO most of the rest of the game design is fucking garbage, except for sea towers, and in my experience naval combat is completely fucked because of how easy it is to use movement spells to negate the advantages of ships and how difficult it can be to use the cannons in ship V ship combat.

The sea tower is the closest thing I've seen in darkfall to a working system.
    When you win a sea tower those chaos city clan advertisements are intended for use a guild recruiting tool. Lol, the game has never had a population that could support that kind of thing. It was never intended to be played anything like it has been, and none of you stupid fucks have the imagination or the memory to actually REMEMBER what razor wax planned for the game.

In short, as long as a 20 man "elite" clan can be relevant in darkfall, I will NEVER play it again

Sameog, kingp43, Prodigy_Burn and 3 others like this.
  12. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

There are many casual MMOs.

Nat, Uncle Jo and Fengor like this.
  13. miasMa

miasMa Varangian Warthane
    Benefactor Legend

This, but I also feel like the devs need to be on full time and prove that pace will pick up considerably if they were. If the pace could be picked up by them getting hired full time then I think you guys need to crowdfund that to be a possibility if it's not too late at this point (probably is).

Also, some sort of Arena or Pubg style game inside Darkfall that would allow streaming to happen more naturally rather than only letting the extremely masochistic people stream the game (aka no one watching Darkfall streams). This has to happen before I come back and I have no plans on streaming Darkfall when I say this. With the competitive style combat that everyone loves and brought Darkfall back for to not be able to showcase it through streaming will be the bane of this game in my opinion.

onslaught likes this.
  14. Crumly

Crumly Earth Elemental
    Hero

i blame myself for you missing the point, never have been the most effective communicator.

i don't play any mmo's. i just play pvp games.

i don't know for sure, but i'd bet you still think darkfall is a pvp game.

products are released sometimes that are not used strictly as intended or designed. darkfall lost 99%, and that's not exaggeration, that's actually what happened, of it's playerbase while I played it. what it was intended for, it missed the mark wildly, and the game it became and how it came to be played was nothing like it's intended design, is just a byproduct of the game population going from 100 down to 1, and that 1% deciding to call it a "niche" game and pretending like everything was fucking great.

kingp43, MaxiHori and Dixie Normus like this.
  15. Cagori Rei

Cagori Rei Wildtribe Mage
    Legend

pretty much this for me too...

also I keep repeating myself when i say its not a bad thing for people to have a "full bank"
    I disliked the removal of fast travel ...
    DFUW did alot wrong, but AV also tried to change these points in DFUW ... smaller map, portalshards, runestones, ....

16. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Crowd funding success is entirely based of consumer confidence, the lack of any other product fullfilling the niche, and rewards/ Incentives for backing early/ large amounts that people actually want enough (but even this won't matter if people don't believe you can deliver)

If BPG was going to crowdfund they should of done it 18 months ago and lied their asses off like every other kickstarter game has been

Way too late now

Circa, Fengor and Mea Kulpa like this.
  17. Cagori Rei

Cagori Rei Wildtribe Mage
    Legend

forgot to mention one more reason for me to return ...
    My daughter!
    When i told her we could own a house together in game, she was very exited about it, then housing patch came in, and the housing grind was huge, so big i actually had 3 people telling me they would help me fund one ... everyone left before we ever got one.

So having a house i could share with my kid would make her, and me play again :)

Slayven, Pimptight, Grimtide and 2 others like this.
  18. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

houses are going actually for 450k.. not too hard bro.

19. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Oak Lord
    Wealthy Streamer Contributor Legend

Make me log in again? I still continue to log in, Im just a rare individual that enjoys the pvp in this game AND am content on grinding useless mobs for hours when I don't get pvp or duels. But I will admit sometimes I just sit at Vell because I get thirsty and boy lemme tell you that mine gets plenty of visitors a day.

Nat likes this.
  20. SomeBK

SomeBK Infernal
    Legend

You don't have kids do you?

Circa and Fengor like this.