Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

What's wrong with Drow?

Discussion in 'Clan Discussion' started by Myater, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Airenn

Airenn Goblin Shaman
    Legend

battle looting is pretty annoying because i feel like that means the people in the back not putting in work get the loot

the last 2 days all the fights with defiance all i got was one fp mage bag, feels bad man

Grimtide likes this.
  2. Skotemo

Skotemo Akathar
    Hero

I feel like we wore 90% infernal, I lost a Q5 infernal bag and a Q3/4 Infernal bag alone at Teneland before BW showed up. I mean I don't care if its 4v30 I'm going down swingin in beta

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Airenn

Airenn Goblin Shaman
    Legend

Yeah u guys are pretty good about that

4. Skotemo

Skotemo Akathar
    Hero

I mean we tend to do robe stuff too, but its only when there is no active siege and its a 90% chance we're going to be outnumbered/die anyways so whats the point?

If we're defending a holding or attacking I don't give a shit if its a 99% chance I am gonna die, I am going to gear up.

The first time you guys pushed I had just recalled in from making battle spikes and pulled a bag out of the bank AS you were pushing into the city lol I had to hide just to click 10 pieces of armor and bind everything to my bar lol. I came into the fight saw what looked like our side winning pushed in hard, found MOV completely fucking naked in the middle of the fight got him to 1 hit and then turned around to see like 15 Drow .5 me instantly in a Q5 bag lol I was like wait WHERE DID THEY ALL COME FROM? lol

Airenn likes this.
  5. Myater

Myater Eodrin
    Hero

That's it. Robe PvP only now.

6. Airenn

Airenn Goblin Shaman
    Legend

I think people were slow to gear up before the fight and someone eventually got frustrated and said "mov is completely naked with bone shoulders on we're good lets go".

I though he was joking

Skotemo likes this.
  7. Skotemo

Skotemo Akathar
    Hero

See this is why I tell you to loot!!! Need more gear!!
    Nope not a joke. Found him in the middle of the fight and was like oh okay, got him to 1 hit and caught a ray in the back and before I could even turn/pull out a shield 15 drow descended on me and .5'd me. Fight was difficult from the start, 90% of the people/clans there were not even allied so seeing who was who and how many actual allies you had around you was extremely difficult. I thought I was surrounded by allies (no one was focusing me) only to realize I was indeed not! lol

Airenn likes this.
  8. Airenn

Airenn Goblin Shaman
    Legend

Lol u guys pushed so hard at the first engagement i hide behind a tree and saw waves of enemies pushing past me i shit my pants so hard, i wonder if u were one of the few people in front and the rest lagged behind ya

9. Skotemo

Skotemo Akathar
    Hero

Yeah, we did but that was honestly our downfall in both fights, you had enough numbers to surround us and flank us and it destroyed our back lines. I'm RARELY ever pushed in hard or deep in most fights as I tend to play more of a floater roll but I thought we were winning and hard pushing. The last fight where we pushed into the holding and took down the stones was the only fight we were actually all allied up and in the same comms, made quite a difference

10. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

ohhh ok. not a big challenge so.

11. Myater

Myater Eodrin
    Hero

Nowhere in the post did I say it was a challenge lol. Someone asked about what happened so I said what happened. Sheesh man chillax.

12. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

I'm not battle looting unless I see a full draggy bag

13. Obeesho

Obeesho Frostjarl
    Affluent Legend

The rules of looting:

They say no combat looting allowed. That means don't get caught.

They say no bag looting. But of course you take the bag, you take everything.

Rules are for the unwashed masses.

Nat, Fengor, l0st exile and 2 others like this.
  14. zander

zander Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

Battle looting can be necessary sometimes when you need to pull back in a city raid. The key is communicating with your team to let them know you are going to grab the loot and not just do it unannounced. If its a bad time your teammates will tell you, if theres a gap they'll cover you grabbing the bag.

If you don't grab the bag then the person who died gets to regear quickly and re-enter the fight.

Bad battle looting is the guy who stops fighting the enemy the second one enemy is ganked to loot while his team still has no real advantage in the fight. Its the classic downfall of zerg siege forces... that and not having confidence in their teammates so no one commits fully to the fight.

Nat likes this.
  15. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

It's simple. If your dot is not moving at all when the fight is not over, you should get kicked out of the clan. If the ppl around you don't trust you and you don't usually talk, you mostlikely took the bag so we gank you to prove it.
    You can't be next to a grave when you're naked.

What we also need is a looting animation.

16. Liverbest Gibs

Liverbest Gibs Spellgazer
    Hero

If your friends and allies are offering loot after a fight and even dropping complete, valuable gear bags in the clan bank for everybody, you know that you are with quality people.

Personally, I usually avoided combat looting just to avoid the drama that came with it.

Slayven and Dim Mok like this.
  17. Myater

Myater Eodrin
    Hero

See, this way of see things is flawed though. If you're naked, if you grab a bag then you can help fight. You don't know why they are naked! Also, just because someone is looting doesn't mean they don't have a reason to. They could be low on regs etc and didn't say anything to not clutter coms. The only problem with "combat looting" is when people over do it and take 4-5 bags instead of just one or they sit at a grave for longer than 2 sec because then they are just wasting to much time. Sometimes you need to loot midfight to stop their nakeds from coming back and putting their bags back on.

Also, if loot matter so much to you you're willing to gank your allies you have your own problems as well lol. I also love seeing people kill their own allies mid fight as well because they looted something. If anything the person attacking cause more issues within the fight and adding more drama than the looter.

18. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

@Myater

Most of my points are not flawed when ppl are on coms with the ability to talk. Those who can't talk at all can't defend themselves. Some ppl admit it and you got a few caught looting their own in secret and those guys don't talk at all if the intent wasn't to give it all back.

19. Myater

Myater Eodrin
    Hero

Just because I said your viewpoint was flawed doesn't mean you're not right about some of it!

20. Obeesho

Obeesho Frostjarl
    Affluent Legend

I wouldn't last long in that kind of clan.

Not that I spend a lot of time naked looting, but I might want to sometime.

If someone wanted to gank me to prove whether I had a bag on me...

That would be an interesting day in Darkfall.

Fengor, Oresmacker and Myater like this.