Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Who was the most Hated Long standing Group of Players in DF1?

Discussion in 'Clan Discussion' started by Echo Rusniak, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Johhny Mad Dog

Johhny Mad Dog Celestial

I actually never understood the hate vs SUN. Not having anything against a particular clan. I thought that the F300 alliance was some super lame move in my eyes. Especially the propaganda that was being used. F300 alliance took pride in winning sieges while the fact of the matter is they already lost since they had to ally up so many different clans just to ensure to win. You cant brag about shit if you got 2x or 3x times their numbers, can you? I didn't understood the necessity to make that alliance. Litterly EVERY clan zerged and it was not like they took the whole map or kept adding up holdings. They actually didnt add/sieged any holdings a whole year before that F300 came. Shit seemed hypocriticall to me. Blaming SUN for things that almost every clan has done. Most clans zerged way harder than SUN ever did. When I went to TFK, Siberia or The Horde/Painkillers holdings...damn! Never complained about that because well...thats what you get when you are only a 3+ man clan with no alliance.

I don't know why clans decided to join that alliance. Was is the propaganda? Probaly a master move by Foggen to play those clans like his little puppets. Respect for Foggen to that though!

It's just my view from the outside though. Not been in SUN! So don't hate me now. But the fact at the matter is people like to point their fingers and say that's the bad guy while keeping a blind eye to their own actions. I could go on like this.

I like to add. After that war was over the slowly population went to shit. Is that what you wanted to accomplish? It was not a healthy move for the server. You need to have some enemy to fight that's actually a challenge to fight otherwise shits get pretty boring.

Sterc likes this.
  2. Lahmage

Lahmage Deadeye
    Hero

Yea this happened 5 years ago and we've already been over why it was a bad idea. Hindsight is 20/20. I think at the time , SUN owned 12 mines and they were recruiting every 'good' pvper on the server to join them, thats all i remember, i was just a footsoldier.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Marco

Marco Undead Dwarf
    Legend

Special task force

4. WyLd_SyDe

WyLd_SyDe Spellgazer
    Legend

during my time?

1. dhw
    2. serenity now
    3. bks

5. Bladra

Bladra Chosen of Khamset
    Tester Contributor

More like had to recruit a real hacker who tried sharing his info with select people just in time for umberto to show up.

6. SupDude

SupDude Gravelord
    Legend

I see some ppl still don't make the difference between hate on a video game for good reasons , and just hate.
    "My friend told me to hate them so i don't know why but i just hate them dude lol wtfroflol"

7. ZeliHood

ZeliHood Goblin Warrior

I do understand why you stick with Foggen all this time. It's what he said you to do? ;)

8. Sique

Sique Fire Giant
    Legend

I'm just going to wildly guess and throw Juice's clan here real quick. Based on their reputation in UW I would say that's a fair assumption.

Also Maru Kage/Gentlemen.

Fuck them.

9. Swing

Swing Infernal
    Legend

This thread taught me that SUN were a bunch of wusses, especially Niburu, he was also a fat wolf.

True story

10. Raap

Raap Gravelord

Any carebear zerg clan with a mismatching attitude, who's members think they are the best.

Oh, I think I just described most NA clans plus a few EU clans like the old SUN and Zergenda.

I don't see the reason for the Russian hate, I love the mini Putins.

11. SupDude

SupDude Gravelord
    Legend

mad boys i feel your pain

12. Murtag

Murtag Swedish Slacker

I dident really hate anyone, i was not that keen on that alfar gatz i think he was called that threaten ppl irl and stuff.

Think i was against z5 for the entire duration of darkfall ( on the oposing side that is ) but they had some cool dudes and there where some awesome fights/sieges.

#CantWeAllBeFriends

eli likes this.
  13. SupDude

SupDude Gravelord
    Legend

Oh , someone who make the difference between the game and the real hate.

Spot on

14. DemonicEcho

DemonicEcho Goblin Scout
    Supporter

This list is bogus. Gentlemen weren't mentioned...... I guess we finally shook our rep.....MORAL VICTORY!

15. GrimmyB

GrimmyB Wildtribe Mage
    Legend

Who?

Inkarnation and Fengor like this.
  16. DemonicEcho

DemonicEcho Goblin Scout
    Supporter

:innocent:

17. Maejohl

Maejohl Windlord
    Legend

The server was already dying when the alliance of Zagenda, Lux Arcana and Horde allied against SUN. We took no other allies until after the first siege was won, when TFK (who we'd invited before, but had declined) saw that we were winning and decided they wanted in.

As for Foggen playing the clans, that's not how it came to pass.

But some stories are better left to the telling of others - people will always believe what they wish to, after all.

All that can be said for sure is that when the mother church called for a Holy Crusade against Frank & co, who could say no?

18. Johhny Mad Dog

Johhny Mad Dog Celestial

It had a low pop but it was still far from dead. Many clans was still playing and most of them could easily field 20ish people. NoCry, Few Good Men, Dragon Clan, The Horde, Lux Arcana and a plenty more died pretty much right after F300 won their war. They created content by going against Sun but after that was over they did nothing to create some new content and quit because of boredom and lack of pvp.

No reason to say yes either. Looked more like some server event to zerg the shit out the current "best" clan just because people got affected or salty about them being a or even the "top" clan.
    --- Post updated ---
    Lol Mi had many of those. Plus they zerged like no other.

19. SupDude

SupDude Gravelord
    Legend

That's the problem . People hate the ones who create content , but are the first to quit when they don't. DF people loves when someone take their hands , but they might aswell not complain after when there is nothing to do. People need to grow up , buy a brain , and play the game themselves instead of always waiting for others to do something.

Hating a clan/clans for whatever dumb reasons they think they have is easy.

Johhny Mad Dog likes this.
  20. Johhny Mad Dog

Johhny Mad Dog Celestial

I totally agree