Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Who Were Your PvP Mentor's

Discussion in 'Memory Lane' started by EleTaylorScoob, May 8, 2016.

1. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

Ahh loose and white chapel where legit as fuck they held our alliance down that melee u speak of Confirmed.

2. Bartlebe

Bartlebe Varangian Warthane
    Loyal Patron Legend

I need a good one.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Ener theWild

Ener theWild Goblin Warrior

Quack deripper, he griefed me until I joined his clan. Best decision I ever made joining it. Many players have come and gone from our clan but I have always remained at my niggas side. Duckjob till i die.

4. Lexendros

Lexendros Infernal
    Legend

Truth be told I didn't really have a pvp mentor until the last 4-5 months of the game. I got involved in the political scene very early and shot-called sieges for SBA/SPA/Turtles and just ran around healbotting people while calling out focus targets. I had a shit computer throughout most of Darkfall; any sort of largescale combat with 20+ people and my framerate would just go to pieces so I stopped trying to get good at the game and just focused on farming and very small scale group combat (again, healbotting).

From release I learned how to exploit mobs and originally kick them through walls. After they patched that I farmed the thain room in the center dungeon for months and months until they changed it so you couldn't swing through walls. After a short break I figured out how to bug your hitbox profile by logging in and out a few times on the very edge of mob spawns... this worked spectacularly if done right (The mobs would think you were fixed in one spot and repeatedly try to attack that one spot while you stickyback them with no danger at all) so back to the center dungeon thain room I went. I literally just farmed all day and donated a portion of whatever I farmed to whatever alliance I was attached to and sold the rest on player auctions... and occasionally went out for smallscale raids with friends. If you ever saw a seller selling huge amounts of gold and death fang that was me.

Eventually they changed the center dungeon layout and somehow fixed the hitbox profile bug and my mass solo farming days were over. I ended up drifting from a few different groups/alliances and eventually found my way to what was left of Scare Bears while they owned Aradoth. Having a small group of people in Aradoth online means that you're raided a lot... and I died a lot and that was discouraging. I decided to build myself a better computer and start really working on character progression and getting better at the game. I finally made the decision that no... mages aren't overpowered and yes... scripts are necessary... and that it was only my being willfully bad that was holding me back.

Eventually what was left of Scare Bears became the Magic Gang Bang and we ended up teaming up with NME in the last 4-5 months of the server. It was at that point that I really got a chance to become a better player by just relentlessly dueling and not being stubborn when it came to accepting positive criticisms. It wasn't until those last 4-5 months of the server that I actually gave a shit about being good at the game.

Special shoutouts to the people who helped me get better in those months by literally dueling me thousands of times (collectively):

Gaius Octavian
    Kou Graph
    Sixpiece McNugget
    Numbskull Bloodeye (Get Journaled)
    Skitzo LED
    Sol Ace
    Beargrim
    Grimtide
    Gotja
    Kalos
    William Patcher
    Bruce Wayne
    Hallibo
    Rza Rector

... I'm sure I missed a few. If you were in NME towards the end of DFO then I'm sure we dueled at least a dozen or so times, so thank you.

#84 Lexendros, May 12, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    Chilipowder, Kalos, Grimtide and 4 others like this.
  5. adamisanameihave

adamisanameihave Goblin Warlord
    Legend

my bro Johnny Ramone.. he spent his time macroing magic while I spent my time swimming... he had his spells but I had more health.. we made a great team and dueled each other a few times to warm up before going out, always. We were way ahead of most of the server, but we were still behind some.

We did very well for being outnumbered most of the time.

6. black horseman

black horseman Skeleton Archer

<3. That's how I know you played forever ago. I played a lot before everyone got really good and magic was ubiquitous. The skill level increased a lot after I quit.

7. Volfen

Volfen Chosen of Khamset
    Staff Member Developer Loyal Lifetime Legend

Moonclaw soldier reporting for duty!

Murran likes this.
  8. Talesin

Talesin Goblin Warrior
    Supporter

whoa whoa

9. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

yea

how u gonna forget talesin and falq

10. reecelol

reecelol Goblin Scout
    Loyal Supporter Contributor

sarge ras taught me pretty much everything i know about the game, kapteeni too, he will just tell you straight up what you're doing thats "retarded" until you stop doing it

11. Sir

Sir New Member
    Tester

Hmm, people I truly actually learned anything worth of value from is probably Pat Macrotch/WASD Warrior, Void One, and Myater Pain.

12. AnooziTime

AnooziTime Goblin Scout
    Hero

fuuck i miss those days. Daniel in innocent, You, Mag, Grendal, Evil yeti mainly grendal were my mentors.. you can probably figure out who i am :)

13. Juicy

Juicy Black Knight
    Hero

Lord Battle Smurf(DPS cannon) and Elenae shar(the stat god) both teaching me how to be good with 270 ping and rise to the top of the aussies.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  14. MikerotchBAGFACE

MikerotchBAGFACE Varangian Warthane

sacrilegious artemis was probably the funnest person to pvp with in df1, especially that one time luck and rex VAPORIZED us in 10 seconds.

Fengor and Kilset like this.
  15. Marvin

Marvin Crypt Guard

I mentored the greatest player the game has ever seen,

Tristan.

/End

Mega likes this.
  16. Ch4r4x

Ch4r4x Winterbound
    Hero

Mine was Salat Clever.

17. Tuff Fitz

Tuff Fitz New Member

Archery with Dante Darkfire filled the dead hours living in Yssam, learned more in those 1v1's than most of the rest of my playtime.
    Leaderships and strats picked up from Ymgarl Thakgrush, especially those early sieges when we were all still getting to grips with it
    Pick any members of Argonauts, I learned a lot whilst there from various people.
    Many people to thank, hopefully ROA gives me the chance

18. Vrain

Vrain Crypt Guard
    Legend

Franchise spent countless hours on pvp clan training thought me how to stromblast properly while running. Skill that saved my ass milion times thanks bro!. Also Pure pwnage , Sarge ras, and Gino

19. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

I didn't have a mentor so much, but Dremlock raiding Hammerdale everyday with a stronger toon than me forced me to get better if I was going to defend the city. Though lots of people raided everyday, most were the types of scrubs you'd expect to be raiding a noob city, but he was the one with high skills and good gear and really there just specifically to fight me.

Can't say I got good, but at least I stopped being bad.

20. lamigra

lamigra Windlord
    Supporter

Infamous Helba

Kalos likes this.