Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Why doesnt anyone do villages??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Degamra, Aug 15, 2019 at 5:37 PM.

1. Degamra

Degamra Air Elemental
    Hero

For the last 2 months everytime I log in I'm going to the billboard villages and solo capping them repeatedly without seeing anyone practically ever. Which is sad man. I really dont get why you guys are logged into a PvP game if you wont seek avenues that will create PvP. Screw the rewards, this games about pvping. Everyone has free ride access to billboard villages but are too pussy to press it. What's up with that??? When Asherons Call was in its "games dead lol" phase people were still camping Town Network for PvP even though they didn't really need to, but the game had a community of true bangers that just wanted pvp. Even if you were showing up in Studded and Plate, no one logging into darkfall can act like they dont have endless gear they could be banging in, regardless of caliber, play for fun you egomaniac scum. Honestly the state of this game fully falls on the coward ass community we have....yall ain't no bangers man....playing a pvp game but scared of pvping. Buncha lames. Billboard villages basically are your arena, and you too scared to enter. A damn shame. /rant_off

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Buffalo Spaceman

Buffalo Spaceman Frostjarl
    Hero

As soon as villages get popping, the same people camp them over and over and over until nobody shows up. It's the same for anything remotely entertaining that ever gets added into this game. The same people will be there every single time almost guaranteed camping it. It would be different if you never knew who you were going to run into, but at this point you know who will be there, and most people know that they cannot beat thewe guys, nor do most people care to put in the required time in a dead game to be co.petitive against these guys.

3. Degamra

Degamra Air Elemental
    Hero

You sound way too scared to be playing darkfall. Oh no I got zerged in a q2 studded bag cuz I went to see how many were there... I'm so mad, why do I even bother pvping...waaah. Like I said, a community full of pussies looking for excuses instead of playing the game

Every time i log in i have no idea who will be there neither and i really dont give a shit, I go solo anyway in some low dura q3 FP black blackbolt bag. Man up. RoA community soft as baby shit man....and that part doesn't fall on bpg

CaptainAmerica and Grimtide like this.
  4. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

i tried last weekend.

rarely u will find someone.

5. Degamra

Degamra Air Elemental
    Hero

2 months I've been doing this shit solo everytime I'm on....only people I've seen are naked Geezy Bot, Trixie, and Slinky Pounce. 2 months. Meanwhile chatting away in agon chat. And if I take a portal chamber into calf, 8 dudes chillin. Coward ass playerbase killing the game

6. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

Hahaha
    I love it

7. Kol Taggar

Kol Taggar Infernal
    Loyal Legend

nobody does anything, period. never mind villages. bgp's community representatives did a great job ensuring that nobody wants to play this game anymore.

8. BeatIt

BeatIt Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

9. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Idk I do see solo people and groups of 2-3 and groups of 11-14 capping villages. Honestly anything with a timer will always get campers.

10. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

Im scared of destros and vcp never felt rewarding for me.

Yomi Scythetalon likes this.
  11. Zeb

Zeb Infernal
    Wealthy Hero

Villages become a zergfest because the party cap is so high..

They can do some simple things to help.. Overhaul the party system

Squad - 5 man party.. huge party indicator above the head to help identify eachother in crowds
    -Can cap any Village
    Party - 10-15 man party
    -Can only cap certain larger villages

12. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

13. Buffalo Spaceman

Buffalo Spaceman Frostjarl
    Hero

You're a moron. I dont know who you are but I'm sure I've played and lost more gearbags than you've ever even had.

I haven't played in months, the last 10 villages I did before I stopped playing I ran into the exact same people. Scared isn't an issue, I know who is better than me, and I'm fine with fighting multitudes of people better than me, I'm not fine with fighting the same 3 or 4 people over and over and over.

#13 Buffalo Spaceman, Aug 16, 2019 at 2:06 AM
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2019 at 3:07 AM
    HaldirHardy likes this.
  14. negocromn

negocromn Black Knight
    Legend

MaxiHori likes this.
  15. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

[​IMG]

= [​IMG]

= 10.8% of all ganks by 10 players. When those people aren't playing, ganks aren't happening lol.

I would think this is the time when people would go to villages since I don't think any of that list really plays outside of possibly bug eater, squanto, and juicy.

[​IMG]

Something else to look at is the ratio of kills/ganks. Most kills (5.3:1 kills to ganks) don't end up being ganks due to duels. A lot of people don't go looking for pvp or make content happen and just duel instead in either safe places like calf or random out of the way places.

I'm not sure how characters going into storage affects these statistics (do they get removed from the metrics?)

tl:dr people like buffalo are half right and half wrong. Fighting those same people is a symptom of the problem, not the problem itself. Fighting the same people every single time is boring and not fun but the real problem is nobody wants to go to villages in the first place. They need to give a unique resource you need with a balance of risk vs reward (limit how many can cap) if you want to ensure people go there to contest them. They are also way too common (3 or 4 every 30 mins?), gets old quick. There needs to be other things to do than just villages where you can get pvp as well.

#15 Grimtide, Aug 16, 2019 at 3:11 AM
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2019 at 3:18 AM
    Sero likes this.
  16. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

Man, i wish dnd was still online.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  17. Rimamok

Rimamok Spellgazer
    Legend

Although their combat changes were less enjoyable for me personally (i.e. dumbed down), I do think it had the best shot at a populated Darkfall by catering to the masses more.

Pity they had no spine or business sense or ability to keep to deadlines, as I liked what they did otherwise.

18. Sameog

Sameog Crypt Guard
    Legend

Villages aren't even close to an arena. They are a waste of time 99% of the time. You either find nobody, get zerged, or zerg someone else. Once in a blue moon you will get a 1v1 out of it. If you try to give people fair fights then people in your group have to sit out and watch and it is only a matter of time until you get screwed over for it anyway. I want to play Darkfall but it is just a waste of time outside of dueling.

GIB ARENA PLAZE!

Methodico likes this.
  19. Methodico

Methodico Stormgraive

I call this game Calfall, a cool Arena game in a city called Calfaldar. When i go to villages i find zerg or noone, loot Is poor, why i have to go? Now only One Village at billboard = slow and boring travel to other empty or zergy villages = no!

20. Sorrow Avaritia

Sorrow Avaritia Obsidian Golem
    Hero

Why go to a village when there is hardly any chance of getting pvp there, you just end up wasting your time, then you have to wait ages for the next one, to then waste your time again lol.

Thrill Kill and Methodico like this.