Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Why doesnt anyone do villages??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Degamra, Aug 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zalmoxisUD

zalmoxisUD Goblin Warrior
    Patron

she mad

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

zerglings dont get 1v1s. You should know this by now.

3. Degamra

Degamra Air Elemental
    Hero

pour girl :(

4. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Cairn Giant
    Legend Streamer Contributor

Oh I hadn't realized.
    --- Post updated ---
    These poor kids.

5. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Translation they will ONLY give you a 1v1 if they're pretty sure they're going to beat you, otherwise they make up an excuse to gang bang the shit out of you like a pack of enraged chimps

Thrill Kill and Yomi Scythetalon like this.
  6. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Why give fairfights to someone that enables the opposite? You would be an entitled twat lolololololol.

7. Johhny Mad Dog

Johhny Mad Dog Celestial

Oh he is a pedophile. That explains a lot.

He does the same on this forums as he does with young girls. Creepin on them.

Sero likes this.
  8. Yomi Scythetalon

Because I am well known to give fair fights to literally anyone that asks for it whether Incan beat them or not?

I remember a time you saying something along the lines of this being a world domination game, win by any means necessary.

9. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Only when its convinient, like the rest of them.

There was a time when people honored the 1v1 or the 2v2. Those days are long over. Arena or fuck off.
    Lol what? It is, especially when you're locked in a war. There is nothing in this game to facilitate any other type of play, which is part of the problem and the reason people are asking for an arena... So people dont have to rely on bullshit like a convienent 1v1.

10. Yomi Scythetalon

I cannot hear you unless you take the elevator up peasant!

11. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Huh whats that? For the horde you say?

Yomi Scythetalon likes this.
  12. KeithStone

KeithStone Deadeye
    Supporter

It's for the same reason that other games slowly die out.

When a game first launches, players flock to it for the "current features" and then 5% of the population joins the games forums and starts asking for changes to be made. Every time something is changed a few players quit. Eventually, after enough changes to the game it's no longer what it started out as and more and more players have left due to all these changes.

Villages are not what they used to be. They are to easy to get to now and instead of you risking running into players, now you know you will run into players and you know exactly who will be there like someone else mentioned.

Also, this game has always advertised itself as an MMORPG and for some reason most people don't read all the information. They just see MMORPG and then when they get here they find out how harsh it is and quits playing.

People like to PVP, but not if it means they are going to lose hours and hours of time for dying 1 time. You can call them cowards or whatever, but it still doesn't change human behavior. People will always take the path of least resistance and villages are so easy to get to now players are avoiding them.

Also, it would probably be easier to get people to agree with you if you didn't start or end everything you say with an insult. Once you start insulting people, they stop listening to anything you have to say anyway.

#72 KeithStone, Sep 8, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  13. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Summing it up quite nicely.

The "casuals" came onto this forum during beta and launch and did nothing but complain about how long everything took. I put "casuals" in quotes because lets be honest, those were tryhards that just don't have the time anymore, and wish they did so they could relive the Darkfall fun days. Unfortunately that doesn't happen by changing the game to "fit the casual" because changing the game like that changes Darkfall.

Grind reduction, instaporting to villages, runebooks, all these things were trying to cater to these casuals and they're nowhere to be seen. They're nowhere to be seen because they aren't MMORPG players, they're gratification seekers that move from game to game to game when they get bored. The quicker things are given by the game, the quicker people get bored = no reason to stick around.

This is why the game is currently just a very mundane cycle of PVP for PVP sake. Nothing needs to be done to progress your character to "powerful" status anymore.

The casuals didn't need the game to be shorter, they needed it to be less punishing; IE when they login they don't sit there and get bindcamped and can actually progress their characters.

#73 Sero, Sep 8, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  14. Adam Worth

Adam Worth Goblin Scout
    Hero

No single player contributed more on this forum to driving away the launch crowd than you, with your embarrisingly infantile tyrade of agressive toxicity.

Drowning out all discussion of game direction, other than what you wanted to hear, with a campaign of spam.

And here you are - the last man stading, playing alone - still whining on a dead forum.

You reap what you sow :)

#74 Adam Worth, Sep 11, 2019 at 8:53 PM
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2019 at 8:59 PM
    MaxiHori likes this.
  15. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Agreed.

If only they didn't listen to me and others and reduced the grind, catering to the casuals, we'd have a whole heap of them!

Oh wait...

Which game discussions were you talking about again? Was it turning off the portal chambers? Was it the fast travel runebooks? No no, we got those too... Casuals wanted those...

Was it making Destro more OP? No we got that... Combat changes? No we got that...

Which one was it? Oh well who knows, it MUST be Sero's fault. He is Sero afterall, a literal god capable of such things. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(pssst, i'm not playing, and If i was i wouldnt be alone, theres over 1000 players)

#75 Sero, Sep 11, 2019 at 9:44 PM
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2019 at 12:11 AM
    HaldirHardy likes this.
  16. Sorrow Avaritia

Sorrow Avaritia Obsidian Golem
    Hero

Can we just all agree they they made tonns of dumb changes and introduced new lag for months that made loads of people quit?

17. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Nope, it was Sero's fault. lololololol.

18. Funky zeit

Funky zeit Spellgazer
    Tester

This sero kid literally had me farming every day and paying clan taxes to fund his no show war. Literally burnt me out and made me quit the game. I hate him.

19. Yomi Scythetalon

With 23 posts, youre going to come at one of the players that genuinely tried to help the game? Where were you during all the discussions and PTS changes. If youre a coward now, you may always be. Do something about that and live a happier life. Nerd.

20. Sorrow Avaritia

Sorrow Avaritia Obsidian Golem
    Hero

The destro buffs changed you man =(.

MaxiHori likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.