Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Why doesnt anyone do villages??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Degamra, Aug 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Even the leveling at release of RoA was to easy, one of the big problems was a lot of the content in DF1 and a lot of the pvp was driven by the need to grind, they lowered this grind multiple times without adding any content to replace it, champions were kind of a good end game thing to add, but when they added them the weapons were not really worth using, you couldn't get any real unique drops that made it worth grinding them out and they added to many of them to create actual hot spots.

Methodico likes this.
  2. MaxiHori

MaxiHori Akathar

I DON'T WANNA DO SOMETHING ELSE! I choose Darkfall for the pvp, not to spend hours making a bag to loose it in 5 seconds.

and what's your big plan? having 2 part-timers providing the same kind of content that other companies make with millions? How does it fit into reality!??!?

Daoc is still the same and like many other free shards have far more population than this game.

there wasn't a "lot of pvp", as soon as the grind made the difference, not everyone was at the same level anymore and the game died. before the grind removal the game was dead, if your solution is to go back there, you are just suggesting to go from dead to be still dead.

3. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

MMORPG

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

So if there is no grind what is the driving force behind pvp?

If there was no grind, no1 would be out in the world doing anything, you wouldn't need to pve if your char was maxed (which is already super easy to do and other than the 110-120 stat grind can be done within a few days). If gear was easy to obtain (which in my opinion already is) there would be no reason to go out and farm gear so there would be no1 out in the world.

What would be the reason to do villages if you already had a full bank?

Sero likes this.
  5. Void

Void Chosen of Khamset
    Loyal Legend

1000 players

Featherbeans and Sero like this.
  6. Methodico

Methodico Air Elemental

I enjoy Blackwater because i have fun with them, and because i can log in during the day in my time and find people from eu. You have a strange vision of casual, maybe because you got nothing to do but play. This game Is still hardcore and tedious, i love the hardcore part but i dont like to spend 15 Min to make a readybag from my bank , plus 15 Min travel and maybe find someone or zerg, i dont like the Key bindings system i dont like to be dressed like everyone with same spell same cycle same same same.... like you same old df player same fail.
    --- Post updated ---
    Go to play The Sims.

7. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Lolololololololololololol.

upload_2019-9-13_14-33-3.png

HELLO?

Honestly at this point nobody really cares, I'd love for them to listen to you just for you to see how wrong you are. It's hilarious that you're sitting here asking for "less tedium" when you should be asking for: The complete removal of openworld and an instanced battleground. For your "instant action PVP"

PS:

Unholy Wars was already out, and it failed btw
    --- Post updated ---
    This dude is so clueless he doesn't even know hes playing an MMORPG. I'd love to RIP into him but at this point I think he's just another entrapment bait to get me banned.

#107 Sero, Sep 13, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  8. Methodico

Methodico Air Elemental

It fails because they dont know what they want, they change many times combat and people left. Im for open world pvp like UO, max your char in 2 or 3 weeks then contents, stop, your grind mentality cant work in this game in 2020.

#108 Methodico, Sep 13, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  9. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

What are you contesting genius. You want to remove everything to contest LOLOLOLOLOL.

I don't want open world PVP, because that is "tedious."

10. Methodico

Methodico Air Elemental

I cant speak to a children.

MaxiHori likes this.
  11. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Please tell me though, if all grind was removed, what would be the driving force behind the pvp? Sure pvp is fun, but a large part of that fun is the risk vs reward of losing / gaining gear. If gear was really easy to get that part of the fun would be taken away + there would be less chance of random open world pvp.

I already asked you this and u appear to be dodging the question, if there is no grind and if there is no value to gear what is the driving force behind pvp?

12. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

The dude doesn't want to come out and say he wants a MOBA because he knows hes guna get shutdown.

Like the rest of the casuals they tried to cater to with previous changes. They want what they want, and they want it now!

Once they realize that doesn't really work for a game like Darkfall, they all just leave though.

13. Methodico

Methodico Air Elemental

I never spoke about remove grind, i think that now It Is good and the problems are others like i wrote before. It Is funny like someone think that people left because of less grind, MaxiHori says everthing about that.

14. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

If nobody left because of the less grind, where is everyone? Why'd they leave?

15. Methodico

Methodico Air Elemental

People left because of no new contents, nothing new, same darkfall same fail same tedious things from df1. Everyone wait for a Better version of df that was never relieved, too many broken promises from BPG and people are full of this OLD game with nothing new. The corius thing Is that BPG Lost old players and if old players dont play, new player Will not play in a empty world of an OLD game.

16. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

So why would people come back and play, or how would it help the game if you "removed tedium" by getting rid of enchants and things to farm for, for PVErs and such. What new content is there?

17. Methodico

Methodico Air Elemental

After 2 years of same old game what do you expect? That people do the same things every day to the loop of death. We Need contents, they already have many suggestion to follow.

#117 Methodico, Sep 13, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  18. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

I don't expect any different. I know how it is. I know we got no new content, but getting rid of old content just because you yourself don't like to do it isn't the answer to getting new players.

#118 Sero, Sep 13, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  19. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

I’d do villages more if it was like the old system just a flat drop with no gear tier and battle spikes and boat cannons

Mea Kulpa, Scrapnotcrap and Sero like this.
  20. Featherbeans

Featherbeans Celestial
    Contributor Hero

Did anyone mention NPE?
    Oh, damn, my bad - wrong game...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.