Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Why I am going back to NA from Asia

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ryco Stormeye, Jun 7, 2021.

1. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

Skill gain multipliers yes. No to loot multipliers. Never for loot multipliers.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

I haven't played the server so have no idea what the loot is like there.

3. KoKane

KoKane Chosen of Khamset
    Wealthy Loyal Patron Benefactor Contributor

I'd imagine some of that grind would have been reduced if population started higher, allowing for much more market trading of the things you need.. freeing your time up to just grind efficient Gold Per Hour, or whatever suits your available game time best.

4. Rimamok

Rimamok Spellgazer
    Legend

My GF and I fired up ROA six months ago but RL got busy. Wondering whether it’s worth coming back to ROA? I actually like a grind, but 230 ping to Asia would just make the game feel clunky, so if we were to play it would be NA. I’m one of those odd people that actually enjoy much of DF’s PVE, so for me I’m more concerned about a smooth “feel” to the game than about the quantity of PvP.

I’m a casual pvper and she’s not at all, so having a low-ish pop “private server” isn’t necessarily a deal breaker as long as there’s not ZERO pop. 95% pve and 5% pvp would be fine, but we don’t want a COMPLETELY dead world either.

Thoughts?

5. CreZee

CreZee Air Elemental
    Loyal Supporter

Grind is slightly too high for the Asian server. A little lower would be perfect. Somewhere around DF1 NA1 launch imo. Even still, the grind would be bearable if the server consistently had hundreds of players but every time I log in, the PVE scoreboard shows me that there are barely 100 actives in the Asian server. It's not worth investing in such a long grind for such an empty server with 200+ ping.

Insult to injury BPG completely abandoned the NA server. Just shut the whole thing down and let er' die.

6. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

The only thing I think is a little off is the melee grind. Archery/Magic is about where I feel it should be.

7. dooney

dooney New Member

Is the asian server still in early access?

8. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Varangian Warthane
    Contributor

I think it shut down for server maintenance and hasn't come up since. No communication on its status either despite two GM's and a developer having constant communication in the NA server.

I believe it's ran entirely by the asian side and they've given up on it since they had only about 50 players at its peak.

True definition of a private server. Worse than the worst game you've ever seen having it's own private server.

9. Jack_Bauer

Jack_Bauer Fire Elemental
    Wealthy Legend