Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Why is Damage so high still?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Isaac Clarke, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Bloodscar

Bloodscar Cairn Giant
    Legend

You injured Donsal Fernbray for 27 points of Health (Arcane Damage) .07 BlackBolt

You injured Donsal Fernbray for 34 points of Health (Arcane Damage) .53 BlackBolt (q5)

Full bone, full arcane jewelry, maxed character. Had QA test some damage.

Grimtide, Oresmacker, Fengor and 2 others like this.
  2. WyLd_SyDe

WyLd_SyDe Spellgazer
    Legend

U try all spells?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Bloodscar

Bloodscar Cairn Giant
    Legend

All spells in terms of what? Damage between a unkeened blackbolt and a keened blackbolt? Or the topic of increased damage in general.

More information on what you guys are testing would be greatly beneficial, character level, gear, skills/stats, buffs, weapons, etc.

4. Isaac Clarke

Isaac Clarke Varangian Warthane
    Hero

I mean that's not really the issue we're discussing. That's something else entirely. Overall dmg is higher in RoA than it was in DFO. Vid incoming soon.

5. zander

zander Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

Video incomming that will also show you how insane the splash on r90s is.

6. Bloodscar

Bloodscar Cairn Giant
    Legend

Video would be greatly appreciated, earlier tests used old DFO videos as comparison to compare the damage back then to now and it was almost ot the exact decimal with the same situations so i'm curious to see the information from your video.

Also that test was in reference to this post:

#26 Bloodscar, Jun 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
    Korak, Oresmacker and Fengor like this.
  7. zander

zander Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

How? Old videos show 30'ish to the front vs. 40 to the front now?

Rays hit 10 harder than the old game.

Also R90 splash damage is ridiculous now. You can miss by 5 feet and still do 43 damage with inferno and exploding charge. Splash damage is so high that statting is impossible because even a miss does as much as a direct hit.

Slayven likes this.
  8. Bloodscar

Bloodscar Cairn Giant
    Legend

This was the video i believe used by the QA team when doing the initial testing back in beta among other videos.

The damage tests above match here -

27-30 arcane damage.

The damage test above for dragon breath also match up here -
    [​IMG]

All tests done with 2 maxed characters, in bone/.25 cobra with self buffs or buff others as it is a group fight in the above video.

Melee damage here:

This test done with a .80 justicebringer and the test subject being ironskined.
    [​IMG]
    It is actually around 3 points lower then the video but we can chalk that up to variance of not having an exact replica of what was used in the video, opponents stats/gear/etc.

Any videos/evidence will be forwarded to the QA team to have them investigate. We did patch in a fix for a damage issue at the end of beta which made the damage almost if not exactly as it was in DFO.

Oresmacker, Fengor and BootyEater69 like this.
  9. zander

zander Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

Its more than just a damage issue. Splash damage is higher. Your rays all seem to do more damage than they should.

Statting also feels weaker than in alpha. This is in part thanks to the higher damage meaning that a full heal cycle gets negated by 2 hits.

Why would you test with ironskin? Test characters as they would be 90% of the time. Ironskin only last 2mins at 75 and not human. Most fights ironskin wears off.

.8 JB vs. a bone player hits 44 front, 60+ back. in DFO that was 32 front, 50 back.

Damage is off as it was in beta. Beta had a 25% higher damage than DFO, and you only reduced it by 7% supposedly. clearly not a fix, and it is exactly the same as it was in beta.

If your formulas are working as intended then your formulas are poorly designed and need to be remedied, because this current DPS meta kills off all play-styles but the DPS race style. DFO was great because you could compensate for not having godly aim with transitioning and positioning. Now thats largely irrelevant.

TryHard, Isaac Clarke and Slayven like this.
  10. Bloodscar

Bloodscar Cairn Giant
    Legend

The tests were done to replicate old DFO damage/videos. In the fights above people were other buffed so you take that into account. 34 to the front, 44.8 to the back with iron skin. Damage in beta was decreased by about 7% which matched it up to almost exactly as it was down to the decimal back in DFO days, this was tested vigorously using many old DFO videos as reference points.

The formulas are the same as DFO, if you think DFO is fine damage wise, the same should be said for ROA.

If you are trying to truly test to see if the damage matches up you have to do exactly as the video has to the best of the ability to replicate that. If the damage is the same in tests as old DFO videos then there is no issue.

If you do have data/tests/video i will be more then happy to forward for the QA team to look into it more. Can pm me the info or post here and i can forward it for you.

#30 Bloodscar, Jun 29, 2017
  11. Darkwulf

Darkwulf Gravelord

I agree with the OP damage is a lot higher now, and it is the gear power gap that I have been talking about. It feels like gear makes way too much difference in this version of darkfall.

12. Caer

Caer Goblin Warrior

Don't have any evidence, and haven't played Darkfall since 2011, but I can tell that atleast damage _feels_ much higher. I don't remember getting nuked down so fast in DFO.
    Maybe it's just me not dodging good enough tho? I'm still suuuper bad atm.

13. WyLd_SyDe

WyLd_SyDe Spellgazer
    Legend

This I think is the major issue, the further away you missed it was lower damage and I know for a fact rays did way less damage with a blackbolt than they do now

Isaac Clarke and Slayven like this.
  14. zander

zander Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

Enjoy that 43 splash damage. 42 rays to the front.

Air Intensify 63
    Fire Intensify 47
    Necro Intensify 46
    Earth intensify 54
    Water Intensify 0
    Magma 57, fireball 70. Still hits 40s to front.

Abra cadabra only has impale to level 75, all others at most 50. No intensify to 50.

Both using .1 blackbolts for testing. He is pure bone set, you can see in paperdoll what recorder is wearing.

Noteworth issues:

Rays hit 40-43 front, even with arcane necklace on it causes no change in damage dealt. Necklace on 42, necklace off 43.

Second set is a mage siege bag. Still 36's from rays, impale is still 30 to front (and can be spammed every 7seconds). AOE splashes still hit for 40 damage.

The splash alone is enough to make the experience awful, but the damage is also higher. We didn't even get into testing destro with bows and melee weapons and how a bow shot vs. a player with staff out is 50-60 front 70-80 back. Melee is easily capping out damage vs staffs with garbage melee weapons, .8 damage.

TryHard and Isaac Clarke like this.
  15. Zaffa Hex

Zaffa Hex Skeleton Archer
    Legend

I am pretty sure that maxed rays with max intensify used to hit for 39-42 damage frontal with enchanted BB at the end of DF, vs 4 piece FP mage buffed.

But the spalsh damage in your video looks totally off. Makes me wonder if we are even using the post-aoe nerf AV build tbh? That looks like vanilla splash damage to me. I think that edge of aoe hits used to do more like 20 dmg on R90s and as little as 10 or even less on fioreball. Your doing almost full frontal damage at the very edge of the aoe radius.

In fact you hit the wolf in heavy metal armor for 43 dmg spalsh R90 about 2 characters away. Then you ray him for only 28/32 direct ray dmaage. That can't be correct I think.

#35 Zaffa Hex, Jun 29, 2017
    Schnid and WyLd_SyDe like this.
  16. Avarious

Avarious Wildtribe Mage
    Supporter

is there something wrong with the splash damage calculation vs protections ?

17. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Keep in mind that in DF1 the intensify grind was pretty serious. It started when you reached 100 in the school. Now you will have 60 intensify by the time you reach 100 in the school. Also consider that we used to wear much better gear in DF1 than we are now. Have a look at this graph showing a Bone Set as Bars and the other Helm/Gloves/Boots sets as lines:

[​IMG]

Just by wearing a plate helm with scale gloves and boots you'll get a 3 damage reduction per magic type. By upgrading to full plate, it's another 1 point of damage reduction. The real shocker is the jump from all bone/leather to 3 piece scale. Who would have thought that 3p scale would make any difference, but it's close to a 25% increase.

18. Harley Franklin

Legend

Some people dont unederstand that a mage seige bag was never any better then a bone set, we have made test in df1. Their was always a problem with the gear.

I was always trying to wear heavier for in case of melee, but in a mage seige gear even heavier i was getting the same dmg front a greatsword then a guy in Bone.
    --- Post updated ---
    Gear was never really that good, the maine differance in DF had always been about weapons and keens for dmg output. Thats where the big gap starts

19. WyLd_SyDe

WyLd_SyDe Spellgazer
    Legend

with a 1.0 staff they did, with a regular blackbolt or cobra they did not.

referring to rays

Isaac Clarke and Slayven like this.
  20. Sacrillegious

Sacrillegious Fire Elemental
    Loyal Hero

Holy fuck boys. Gear is supposed to give you a advantage not fucking free wins. A very good player in trash should be able to beat a shutter bad in full dragon if he plays very well. Do we really want this game to be totaly gear based?

If that's what it comes to I'll just explot the fuck out of gear and kill everyone. And watch the game die with a smile on my face. Devs please don't listen to this retardation.