Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Why is Damage so high still?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Isaac Clarke, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Nef

Nef Ghost

No manual sprint here, I'm pretty sure the majority used the AHK Script to sprint on W.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Sacrillegious

Sacrillegious Fire Elemental
    Loyal Hero

lol I really don't get why everyone is so upset

Scrapnotcrap likes this.
  3. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

This is just completely false, tested it myself. You lose more stats for casting the r90 spell than you do damage at 5-6 feet away.

Fengor likes this.
  4. Isaac Clarke

Isaac Clarke Varangian Warthane
    Hero

Our video shows it splashing for 42...

5. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

He's unbuffed, probably missing ignore pain, and hes in a plate/scale chest with a LEATHER chest. Probably a magnituded blackbolt. A destro a can land 2 arrows and do twice that damage in the same time it takes to cast an r90 and it will cost him 6 stamina while the r90 costs almost 20 stats to cast?

Fengor likes this.
  6. Dufer

Dufer Air Elemental
    Supporter

Perhaps nowadays more people are landing more spells in general. This is probably due to better pcs, people understanding the game more etc.

More people are using stam drain spells, intensifies are higher.

1v1s in df1 towards the end I remember them just being dps race. Who misses the least typically won. Kind of how it is right now

Isaac Clarke likes this.
  7. Isaac Clarke

Isaac Clarke Varangian Warthane
    Hero

Was a normal blackbolt and it splashes our maxed destro player for 41, which is also in the video.

8. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

As long as you're within the distance threshold, the damage won't decrease until it's outside the next threshold. r90 splash damage threshold for the highest amount is a pretty wide radius.

Surprisingly, leveling an r90 from 74 to 75 for the "wider" effect won't increase the radius on the nearest damage threshold, it only extends the maximum radius (the radius that hits for like 12 splash).

In beta, I was trying to report a damage issue with the new staff changes. I couldn't replicate it, but I was sometimes doing the same damage to a target that equips all different levels of armor.

Kwatos and Isaac Clarke like this.
  9. HiramA

HiramA Goblin Warrior

Interesting point about the staff issue. I havent gotten around to thoroughly testing it but my gut has been telling me there's something somewhere wrong with staves right now. I swear sometimes I've done more damage with a blackbolt than a vermillion when using elemental rays, on the same target... which makes no sense. Like I'll impale some one in the face with my BB, wait a few seconds and then imaple them with the vermillion and it does less damage.

I really wish I had more concrete evidence, maybe I'll run some tests with different magnitude/rank staffs with some friends later today.

Could be all in my head and I'm just flat out wrong but I could swear it has happened before.

Damage does seem a little higher than I remember but people also aren't running around with blinged out sets and arcane jewelry all the time. Character skills like intensify have definitely peaked a lot faster than average gear bags. But staffs overall just feel weird... feels like magnitude and the staff "bonus" effect does basically nothing. Even sacrifice was ticking for like 0.5 more with a light spark than a BB.

10. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Still not dev confirmed, but rumor is that the elemental bonus of the staff is armor pen. So if the target is in bone armor you might not notice a difference. With a 1.0 Sarracenia and a 1.0 normal staff I was doing about 2 more damage to a destro in full infernal with the sarracenia.

11. Buffalo Spaceman

Buffalo Spaceman Frostjarl
    Hero

Tested this yesterday, I did 4 points more on average with a q3 magnitude.

Fengor likes this.
  12. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

Mighty Mouse and TryHard like this.
  13. TryHard

TryHard Varangian Warthane
    Legend

14. Mighty Mouse

Mighty Mouse Akathar
    Legend

either bug or no bug how it was before was better maybe you guys could adjust it a bit. Stat management is one thing but when all your doing in fights is trying to keep your stamina up the entire time its bad. You dont even have time to heal because your too busy pushing your stam up.

15. HiramA

HiramA Goblin Warrior

Hmm, two damage sounds a little underwhelming as a "bonus" for the schools. Do you know how much more the 1.0 Sarracenia does than a vanilla BB or a keened Cobra? I'd really love to play a full elemental build with the new elemental staves, but the elemental staves would have to be worth using in the long run.

16. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

They are worth using. Just doing 1 extra point of damage in this game is worth it.

A non transmute 0.0 to a 1.0 is around 8 damage.

17. HiramA

HiramA Goblin Warrior

Yeah but isn't overall DPS more important? If it only hits for a few points of damage more on specific spells than a Cobra or Blackbolt, I can't see any reason to not use the speed staff. I guess at least the Saraccenia has 0.6 speed base, the Vermillion feels so slow.

18. qvq

qvq Goblin Shaman

Was encumbrance altered? Those numbers sound like what I hit for raying in plate armor. I will log on later and test busy with fireworks.

19. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

Na. They were always good even with a BB. You gained like 4 damage max using a ray staff in exchange for the awkward delay when switching from fast to heavy staff or vice versa. One of the biggest reasons I ran a ray staff in DFO was to save dura on my fast staff during sieges. It usually wasn't even keened either, was a duration + mana eff corpsecall or darksepter staff also used for buffing. Some of the longer sieges it wasn't uncommon to blow through a full cobra with q4+ enchants and that shit was expensive. A mediocre ray/buff staff was much cheaper and would hit just as hard if not slightly harder and the delay from swapping wasn't as important in large scale fights.

You can watch late game videos and hardly anyone runs ray staffs anymore. Most people considered the delay between swaps and the extra cost not worth it for such a marginal gain. It was kind of a fad that faded out as the months went by after the ray patch.
    --- Post updated ---
    People don't use fast staffs for the DPS. They use them because speed = less chance to get caught mid cast in a transition and speed = easier to combo (example fire knock up chaining). Heavy staffs are more punishing if you get caught in melee mid cast and are harder to combo spells with due to timing issues. Even in DFO a racial staff could out DPS a black bolt. It was just harder to use one because of those above mentioned issues. Also you gain nothing from using a heavy staff with utility spells like storm blast, come hither and begone. Its always 100% better to have a fast staff with those which also tends to tip the balances in favor of fast staffs.

RootedOak likes this.