Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Why stealth nerf Platinum Nodes?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rikilii, Mar 24, 2020.

1. rikilii

rikilii Celestial

For about a day or two there, it was actually almost worth doing Trade Routes, because you could pick up about 100 extra platinum along the way. Now Trade Routes are back in the dung heap of useless content. The rewards are barely worth the cost of starting the route, not to mention the 45+ minutes it takes to do it.

Searven likes this.
  2. Searven

Searven New Member
    Legend

Dont like the nerf to nodes either. Kinda kills the fun of riding around looking for stuff. Game should promote having people out in the world... not just send everyone to the billboard for insta ports.

HenkBot and Mea Kulpa like this.
  3. rikilii

rikilii Celestial

Seems like they nerfed it even further, by reducing, or eliminating, the platinum spawns.

On Monday, riding around center map for 30-40 min, I would typically find 2 or 3, and get 25-50 out of each one.
    On Tuesday, I found just as many, but only got about 10 out of each one.
    Today, in the same time in which I would usually find 2 or 3, I found none. I also didn't find any Sele veins, and it seems like there were a lot fewer dynamic spawns in general.

Mea Kulpa likes this.
  4. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

They weren't nerfed at all.

There was an issue when first patched that they weren't disappearing from the game and respawning in different locations so they were just behaving like regular nodes with regular capacity.

Now they are working as intended like other dynamic nodes. Quantity in the world has not changed.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  5. rikilii

rikilii Celestial

Sorry, I don't believe you. Up until yesterday, I was running into them every 10 minutes or so around center map, and never got less than 25 from one, and usually got closer to 40. That was a sample size of about 20 nodes.

Yesterday, I found about 5 (about same frequency), and never got more than 10 platinum from them.

Today, I rode around the same areas for 45 minutes, and didn't find a single node, platinum or selentine.

So it might not be an intentional nerf, but the odds of that pattern being the result of random chance are close to zero, especially given the fact that there has been a hotfix every one of the days in question.

6. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

There was an issue when the initial patch was deployed and the server-side java was missing (I talked about this on discord also). That's why they were just behaving like regular iron nodes and didn't disappear when depleted. Now they have around the same capacity as other dynamic nodes, slightly more actually. And they have about twice the number of nodes than the selentine nodes.

7. rikilii

rikilii Celestial

Nope. I finally just found one and only got 10 out of it, and the ones I was getting 30-50 out of were actually disappearing afterwards.

If you're saying that the original intent was that these nodes would only yield 10 units each, then that's a problem itself. It makes the whole thing pretty much useless given the numbers at issue.

#7 rikilii, Mar 25, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  8. Ibis

Ibis Skeleton Archer
    Staff Member Game Master

the 35-50 was not intended and as he said the game saw the nodes as regular iron nodes and their capacity
    it was intended from the start to have 10 max in them.. this is from internal communication between Neil and i when i made him aware sunday about the bug
    upload_2020-3-25_20-53-11.png

the fault was some code wasn't commited and built correctly in that patch so the game saw the platinum veins as normal iron veins and how iron veins works rather than seeing it as a dynamic node and using the dynamic code

once that was fixed monday then the nodes started to despawn after being mined and the correct number of ore was corrected as well with it
    2 days ago aka Monday we applied the hotfix to correct the bad build that was done with the java code sunday
    upload_2020-3-25_20-55-31.png

Kantor and Blaze like this.
  9. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

Thanks for transparency and giving details!!

10. Ibis

Ibis Skeleton Archer
    Staff Member Game Master

Well i just said more or less exactly the same as Neil...

11. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

Nah u gave a lot more details which makes it a lot easier to understand, the person complaining didnt really get an answer of why the nodes went from 20 to 10 and now he does due to your explanation :) thanks again more details is always better than less

12. rikilii

rikilii Celestial

Fair enough. So I'll just go back to my other point, that if it was only intended to give 10 platinum, what was the point? It's not significantly useful given the order of scale of platinum use (thousands), compared to rare ores (tens). You should have saved the effort and just added it to chaos chest drops. Nobody is going to do anything differently in game because of a small chance of finding 10 pieces of platinum.

13. Methodico

Methodico Spellgazer

To make this world full of people we need 8000 players, so fast travels are ok for me, no One like to walk for hours for nothing. Walkfall.

14. lamigra

lamigra Akathar
    Supporter

When you say fast travel you mean instant travel right? Like runes, billboards etc. Fast travel would be mounts with increased speed or roads with speed increases on them as the like.

15. Methodico

Methodico Spellgazer

Yeah i mean runes,billboards extc... We have a huge map, even if everybody go out in the world for something, It would still difficult to find players. I feel a empty world when i log in, and i am an old Roa player, so for a new player Will be worse. Solution? Interactive map, people have to see action and world Life by the map.

16. Mea Kulpa

Mea Kulpa Windlord

Did anyone find a plat node on the mainland anywhere on Thursday? Found 2 on Weds even though according to Neil, those were bugged and exactly 0 after wandering around for 7 or 8 hours yesterday.

I know it is random. I am just curious.

M ~

17. Jack_Bauer

Jack_Bauer Akathar
    Wealthy Legend

Found 2 yesterday and got 8 and 10 plat.

Mea Kulpa likes this.
  18. Mea Kulpa

Mea Kulpa Windlord

So no longer bugged, that is good. Stay outta my plat node hunting lands ... or else. :tonguewink:

M ~

Blaze likes this.