Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Why this game will fail

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by DagothUr, Jan 3, 2017.

1. DagothUr

DagothUr Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

1. It has darkfall in the name
    Darkfall has a terrible reputation.
    2. You advertise it as a sandbox
    There are literally 0 sandbox elements in this game.
    3. The game looks like morrowind
    Kids these days arent going to pick up a game that looks like it was made by the ancient greeks
    4. once you are done with lvling your char this game has no content at all.
    running around searching for pvp for the sake of pvp isnt good content.

Trillog6 and Circa like this.
  2. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

what is the point of these types of threads?

3. DagothUr

Legend

bringing attention to these problems

4. SuB ZeRo

SuB ZeRo Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

ok

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  5. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

I dont understand why though, they are all obvious. You're supposed to bring things to attention that people dont already know.

1. Not sure if it was BPG or DND that responded to this type of question in the past(i assume it would be the same for both, regardless), but they said due to the license, at least for now they were unable to change the name, so that reputation unfortunately will stay.
    2. The fact that you can level every skill in the game without limitation is pure sandbox. They can always add more stuff, but theres no reason they cant advertise it as so.
    3. Its an old game so this is obvious. Their last patch at least showed they are trying to work on this.
    4. The game itself is content. If you have done it all before, then it means less to you, but it will mean a lot to someone who has never played the game before. If you look towards a bright future in terms of population, hopefully that pvp will be brought due to political conflicts, current in game activities, and things they will add in the future. Right now there are none and it will seem dull due to the nature of a "beta". Content will come(dont have the exact quote, it was from michael i believe), they have stated that they arent just working towards a launch and then stopping, launching is just the first step.

6. DagothUr

Legend

I am aware that they have to have darkfall in the name, doesnt matter that they cant do anything about it its still a huge hinderance to the survival of this game.

classless system =/= sandbox
    and while there is no physical law stopping them from advertising as sandbox its not a smart move because no one that actually tries the game will think its a sandbox.

They dont have the resources to upgrade the graphics but that doesnt change the fact that because this game looks like its from the 90s it will fail in this day and age.

and no the game itself isnt content what does that statement even mean.

the game either has content or it doesnt.

darkfall doesnt, the only reason to log in and leave the bank this game ever had was farming mobs to make money so you could afk macro during the night, once people finished lvling their chars they would just bank stare 24/7 or go play some other game.

Sique likes this.
  7. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

Then why even bring up "darkfall" rep if they arent allowed to change it. You are bringing something up that is completely out of their hands in terms of being able to change. Content = shit to do, therefore the game is content. What you want is "new" or more end game content which they will add down the line.

8. DagothUr

Legend

oh sry I didnt realize you consider bank staring content yeah I guess this game is just filled to the brim with content ur right

Sique likes this.
  9. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

Pretty pointless thread. If you have any constructive ideas to address any of these issues, then feel free to make a thread about it. Until then you're just creating spam.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  10. Trillog6

Trillog6 Skeleton Archer

People say pointless thread, but this is excellent feedback, in the feedback section, as I've said in my thread, this community simply cannot accept or deal with any criticism of their game, which in the long run cuts off your nose to spite your face because if you don't deal with the issues they will never been resolved and your game will die (again).

Sero and Scrapnotcrap like this.
  11. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

Like i said, maybe for older vets (especially now in a low pop beta) you bank stare a lot because there isnt enough to do/people online to hold your interest all the time. But for a new player, from the moment you make your char, you have a nice road ahead of you before you even consider bank staring. Dont tell me you make your char and instantly start bank staring. I want more stuff to do end game just as much as you, but i understand that i need to wait.

12. BICEPS XL

BICEPS XL Goblin Shaman

1. cant be changed therefor no point bringing it up.
    2. i wouldnt say 0 but i get your point. however a new player wont see it your way, therefor its irrelevant at this time.
    3. also true but its also the only game of its kind on the market, therefor players who truely want to play a game like this have no alternative.
    4. has been adressed by devs already. content will be added at a later stage. no priority atm.

13. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Complaining without offering solutions doesn't do anyone any good

14. MWTaylor

MWTaylor Black Knight
    Staff Member

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but we would not all be here working on a volunteer basis investing the majority of our free time into this game if we thought it was going to fail :smile:

New content will be added, the game will be advertised and marketed, and we will continuously work towards adding more sand into the box. The only thing that is out of our control is having Darkfall in the game's name which is not something we are worried about. We believe if we make a game people want to play it will not matter what it is called.

15. Lakisuria_Moonglade

Lakisuria_Moonglade Varangian Warthane
    Legend

God I love these pretentious little brats. They make reading the forums such an enthralling experience for all parties interested in the development of the game. I honestly can't think of a better read for when I check through the discussions. Thank you for taking the time to detail such riveting conversation and topic for us all to share and consider.

---

As a side note. What makes you think none of this is already known? Again they can't pull fixes nor content out of the fucking god damn air.

--

Yes, you've succeeded in triggering me. At the millionth "Wen Content" post.

#15 Lakisuria_Moonglade, Jan 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    Dixie Normus and Battle Smurf like this.
  16. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

Is it within rights to have darkfall in the name but still call it ruse of agon? For instance in small print it's darkfall: rise of agon but in advertising and splash screen and website it's just rise of agon with darkfall on there in tiny print somewhere? Not that I think that fixes main reasons people won't play but will cut the excuse flat on its face.

17. Kilset

Kilset Black Knight
    Hero

Nothing new here, Sarge being a baby bitch as usual :)

Quin Tessence and Super Star like this.
  18. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

There's no good sandbox games ATM, so you can't say a game will fail because it won't be an actual sandbox or what ever.

I think ROA will fail on a large scale due to the history that it had and all the false promises that carry on since 2009 even if the old plan has nothing to do with ROA. Beside, ROA's not trying to turn DFO into the game that sold 100k based on false promises alone so the same old followers will move on pass that easily.

DF UW was trying to be different and a lot of players brought this game at first as-well. It wasn't rare to find ppl in the open world at the beginning. So a game cannot fail due to the fact that it will be different than what it was supposed to be the first time it dropped, but a game can fail like DF UW for not delivering shit at all.

Now, i think ROA will still block too many players away due to the following:

-Bunny hop
    -magefall
    -no none-magic playstyle with the destroyer being actually too advanced for noobs
    -no words on more specialization. Not only to reduce the grind, but also to support the early playstyle of a noob
    -no road-map or it's outaded so new ppl coming around don't know what's coming next
    -Game not being free to play is bad due to very low population and noobs not finding enough newb's to do stuff with:(pvp, teaming and shit), but are instead thought how to play, how to grind, how to...

What's holding DFO back the most is the way most ppl who know what DF is perceive this game. That's normal, that's a game that failed twice already.

19. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Ya but all of genius that like to point what is wrong, that is already known, been talked about, has had solutions or they have said they are working on these things, They cannot magically make it go away.. So this thread is pointless, we all know the game has a bad rep, it has a lot of problems, its not a secret and that is what BPG is working on. So sitting here talking about what the problems are without offering a solution is here by definition "pointless" They are working on these issues, some may or may not be solved fully, but this conversation is unhealthy..

We def need more sand to play with.
    --- Post updated ---
    why do you speak of the grind as if it actually exists now? have you played the game recently?
    They have also said they have a new road-map coming out soon.. maybe ya didn't see that post.
    It is a beta and I agree it should be free, but at the same time the pop will not get much better because it is a beta
    Not sure where ya get your noob Knowledge from, but there have been a lot of noobs come into the game and there are a few different places these noobs have been going and playing with other noobs, again have you actually played the game recently?
    You should talk to beginners luck, they do a lot of activities with new players and accept them no matter what, have lost clan banks because of it, but they still keep helping and inviting new players.. You should at the very least have some basic knowledge of a subject before writing a piece on it, cause you are clearly misinformed on many of these "points" you have brought fourth and not trying to be rude, but quite simply put ya look like an ass posting this.

20. Quin Tessence

Quin Tessence Black Knight
    Legend

1. Darkfall Online only had a following of about 70,000 players most of whom where casual and enjoyed playing many games.
    [​IMG]

Definition - What does Sandbox mean?
    A sandbox is a style of game in which minimal character limitations are placed on the gamer, allowing the gamer to roam and change a virtual world at will. In contrast to a progression-style game, a sandbox game emphasizes roaming and allows a gamer to select tasks. Instead of featuring segmented areas or numbered levels, a sandbox game usually occurs in a “world” to which the gamer has full access from start to finish.

A sandbox game is also known as an open-world or free-roaming game.

(Basically no MMO is a sandbox like Minecraft because its not fun to have a persistent world that can be destroyed.)

The graphics are intended to look the way they do, but even higher end graphics wasn't enough to save UW, but those game graphics could be Incorporated into Darkfall 1.0 in theory
    [​IMG]

4. Every game will run out of content or start reusing old content in Radiant systems.
    The trick to good game content is finding what is fun and building from that point onward.
    Darkfall has a serious problem on people wanting to PvP other people who would rather have
    fun thus causing them to not have fun and to leave.

The solution isn't to make PvP more fun for everyone, it is to Enroll you in the story of other players.
    When getting killed by other players if the game was to lock your camera and follow your attacker for a few seconds and reveal their equipment and stratagems it would allow you to better understanding how you were defeated.

5. The only way for the game to fail us is for BPG to close down the servers permanently or to force us to play a newer version that is nothing like Darkfall is now and expect no one to be upset when they wipe the servers after 3-4 years of dedicated support.

Korag likes this.