Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Worried about population going forward - No sheep and all wolves?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sethisto, May 19, 2017.

1. HighTimes

HighTimes Gravelord
    Legend

drama queens.
    everywhere

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Swing, Fengor, Fenris and 1 other person like this.
  2. KoKane

KoKane Celestial
    Wealthy

People are still discovering the portals, so travel time will change.

3. Niburu

Niburu Skeleton Archer

the only point were i agree is treasure maps, goblins should already drop small ones. its a great activity

4. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Reds definitely need more PUNISHMENTS and top tier veterans need an incentive to be "the good guys". And NO "altruism or simply for the health of the game" is NOT sufficient.

Aventurine and now I feel some at BPG are using "total freedom" as an excuse for lazy game design.

We need more STRUCTURE and TOOLS in our sandbox. Race wars could have provided that had they been expanded like New Dawn is doing.

New Dawn also has a MUCH different and superior Red vs Blue system planned. As well an infamy and patriot system

Long story short dying as a Red in New Dawn has MUUUCH higher stakes BUT it also offers unique rewards IF you're good enough (most won't be). And being blue and helping your own race especially on fights at the border towers gives loyalty points you can use for rewards among many other things.

Now I prefer the combat in RoA and I'm not trying to convince anyone to go to New Dawn, but rather to look at their proposed solutions and adopt something along the same lines to address the problem here.

Being Red should be the hard life where only the smartest and most skilled do it profitably,

It should NOT be the easy/ natural choice once you're done with quests and grinding like it is now.

And we need good long term incentives to encourage some skilled vets to be white knights

Think about it why would the vast majority ever want to be the "good guys" in current Darkfall?

I think I speak for almost everyone when I say In Dakfall I MUCH prefer being a black or grey hat especially when the rewards are potentiality so much better (more pvp, more free loot, more fun being devious and upsetting people) and there's basically no meaningful consequences

Uncle Jo, Dixie Normus, Rosco and 4 others like this.
  5. Fenris

Fenris Celestial
    Hero

Agreed times infinity.

Dixie Normus likes this.
  6. Galwen

Galwen Goblin Shaman

I hope you are not a real official tester... This is great feedback and this is the only thing you have to say?

Maejohl likes this.
  7. WonderBread

WonderBread Goblin Shaman

@ the title.. of course..

8. Stormsblade

Stormsblade Goblin Warlord

@OP

I've had similar attrition among my buddies playing the game. I can see why DnD decided they wanted a lot more dev time before release.

Maejohl likes this.
  9. SomeBK

SomeBK Infernal
    Legend

The saddest part is these conversations are being had AFTER the first week or two into launch.

You guys are sad we're losing that initial surge of newbs but the fun part hasn't even started. We're barely peeking around that corner where the tryhards have already begun spawn hopping and flushing more players out.

In less than a couple weeks when there are less spawns to be patrolled and the boredom begins to set, the game will turn to conquest mode and the cities the remaining newbs went to for refuge will be taken and that's when the game will turn into "which tryhard clan/alliance can kick people out the fastest and get the most holdings?" until you have two or three main groups who eventually get tired of fighting the same people or tired of logging in and not being able to find anyone to fight.

Enjoy it while it lasts guys. For all else, there's overwatch, Rust and maybe some New Dawn

10. DagothUr

DagothUr Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

The trouble with open world full loot pvp is that there are winners and losers, no one wants to be a loser and just like in real life the winners win HARD and the losers lose HARD.

Dont think dnd will change this.
    --- Post updated ---
    Also just like in real life the vast majority of people are losers, if you are an average player who would win against half of the playerbase and lose to half you wont actually win half of your fights as you are much more likely to run into a nolife top player as they play more and move around the map more.

Slayven likes this.
  11. SomeBK

SomeBK Infernal
    Legend

Yeah, I always hate it in real life when my shit gets stolen from my house and simple things like insurance don't come into play.

Also hate it when I lose my job and don't have unemployment to get me by

Hopefully, DnD has thought of some type of "insurance" measure

12. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

Its more complicated than that, race wars allow bad v bad pvp, no race wars equal red vet vs blue noob pvp. Also a localized world changes the whole dynamic, where in a global world the foot print of the strongest is the whole world so everyone needs to compete at a very high level, where again in a local world the foot print of the strongest is much smaller, allowing more room to breath for the less skilled and again allows more bad v bad average v average pvp. Etc...

The biggest problem here right now is there is no breathing room for the new/unskilled/weak to grow, they must compete at a very high level right away and all the time, which most cant and so they get pushed out of the game..

Dixie Normus and SomeBK like this.
  13. Niburu

Niburu Skeleton Archer

Iam leveling in mahirim area since Release. When someone sneaks up in you, you are able to hear from Miles away. I died twice, you dont have to Go Red...There are so many lawless Tones.

14. Myspace

Myspace Skeleton Archer

I think this is more every noob thinking everybody who kills them or that they encounter is a "high level exploiting veteran" tbh. If you go to a remote lawless spawn that's not that great, the likelihood you will encounter a player is not super high and even if you do they are probably not well-geared. Maybe ONCE IN A BLUE MOON will you get spawnhopped by a group, and if it happens more than once in a short succession you are probably in some travel / traffic area or too close to a better spawn.

If a noob sticks near the NPC city forever and just farms the lawful kobold spawn for a week straight, the only times he sees PvP are obviously going to be from low alignment players looking for ganks, which means more groups and better geared players. To me, this seems like common sense.

This is what a clan is supposed to be for, imo. To get those players away from those high-traffic noob-trap areas and get them into safer places to farm and grow their characters.

15. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

Im not here to argue any more, its a waste of time. You can agree or disagree, but what will prove me right or not will be what the pop looks like after the first month is over. Im trying to help prevent the grand exodus that I see coming, but maybe im wrong and there will be no such thing.

We shall see...

Dixie Normus and Rosco like this.
  16. Myspace

Myspace Skeleton Archer

It's kind of sad if you base your enjoyment solely on how many people see you do something.

17. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

Too much treasure maps gets annoying real quick. Have you tried DF UW? Terrible. We had millions of map and it actually was one of the reason we were bloated with so much gold. Too much map to handle.

Beside, do ppl actually have fun turning maps? With the few that we're getting from time to time, i think it's acceptable.

18. Niburu

Niburu Skeleton Archer

Good point

19. IsilithTehroth

IsilithTehroth Gravelord
    Supporter

Most of the things listed have a reason as to why they are in, such as a channeling timer for dungeons. Before players would just auto teleport in and just run away if they encountered a player if by happenstance they were near a dungeon portal; essentially escaping with ease. Bindstone recall is also there for a reason. The world is massive and there is alot of room to hide/run away; instant travel ruins aspects of having such a massive world and by having a bindstone recall in the first place you are circumventing any kind of risk associated with aspects of the game. I think bindstone_recall is in a good place right now.

The only thing I can really agree on is more content geared towards non pvp; like a farming system from archage. I wouldn't mind harsher penalties for reds and rewards for blue and red(cosmetic clothing and titles for example). Everything else listed has a reason and place for besides the confusing/exploitable criminal system. Darkfall got the pvp down great; now they need to focus on non pvp aspects.

I'd like to see npcs like pirates on a boat you can attack and get treasure/maps from. Maps should be scarce but the lower ones still accesible by noobs. Maps are fluff/content that adds to the game so things similar would be appreciated.

Edit,edit, edit edit...

They said they're working on sheep activities/features in the game. Hopefully it won't take too long.

#39 IsilithTehroth, May 20, 2017
    Last edited: May 20, 2017
  20. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

Lol +1

Also love it when the teenage neighbors run up on me when I'm mowing my lawn to rob me of all my shit.

Comparing the game to rl rofl.

I'm convinced some of these kids think it is rl.

Edit: all these people saying go to different spawns or clans should be guiding/protecting the noobs are wrong. Most noobs don't know to do this and lots DONT want to clan up until they learn the game a bit.

THEY WILL QUIT IN DROVES IF THIS CONTINUES. It's not even debatable it's simple fact. For every one that stays countless will leave.

#40 Dixie Normus, May 21, 2017
    Last edited: May 21, 2017
    SomeBK likes this.