Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

WTFast or similar service for Aus players

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sensubeans, May 6, 2017.

1. sensubeans

sensubeans New Member

Hi All,

Looking to play the game, but the ping is a bit of an issue. I know I can "git gud" with high ping, but I'm not really interested in that.

My question is: Do any Australian players utilise a service like WTFast to lower their ping? If so, what would you recommend?

I tried Mudfish and that seemed to have 0 effect on my latency. I have a feeling WTFast etc won't make much of a difference if at all, but I just want to hear some experiences from players in my boat

Cheers

2. Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe Crypt Guard

ping the server see what you get. Then ping it with wtffast. There should be a free trial if not. try to find a similar service that has a free trail and test out ping to the DF server. I used a service from NZ years ago and it cut down the ping by 30% which made the game playable back then.

3. RaptorBlackz

RaptorBlackz Goblin Scout
    Hero

Just tried using WTfast with darkfall and it's disallowing me from connecting saying it's a "Lobby Violation".

*Edit, Did some investigating and it seems WTfast is forbidden to be used due to shady practices.
    The recommended 3 to try are the following:
    Battleping.com
    Pingzapper.com
    Smoothping.com

I'm currently trying out Battleping and if it works i'll come back with results.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #3 RaptorBlackz, May 6, 2017
    Last edited: May 6, 2017
  4. deviate

deviate Goblin Scout

did it work i was thinkign of doing the same

5. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Battle ping helped me but im not Aus

Ask @Juicy if he has any ideas

6. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Like Smurf, definitely battle ping is a good service that works with the game. Generally, I have enjoyed their service as a vpn provider for multiple games.

Fengor likes this.
  7. Teclis

Teclis Undead Dwarf
    Supporter

I've used battleping wtfast and smoothping on Unholywars with improvements in ping, i'm about to try this server with Battleping and see if I can get anything better then 260ms.

8. Awsumsauce

Awsumsauce New Member

hey man battleping should work fine, the admin has added the game and most recent IP. Didn't do much to my ping. I'm connecting 235 from Canberra. The beta server was actually 10-15 ping faster for me.

9. Biff

Biff New Member

New Player here from Aussie (Brisbane).
    How laggy is it for us lads? Is it playable? Can we even compete in pvp?
    Cheers,

Biff.

10. Lucan

Lucan Ghost
    Hero

playable yes. compete yes but dont make a mistake, you'll get punished 99% of the time.

11. GodwinBelhorne

GodwinBelhorne Goblin Warlord

I played most of the original with a stable-ish 220 ping which was completely playable. Then when the server moved i had an unstable 280-360 ping, that was unplayable. Currently around 250-270 from Adelaide and in Brisbane you should be a little lower than that.. Mid 200s is ok as long as you understand that against elite players you really dont stand much of a chance. You can adjust your aim to help compensate by leading the target a bit further than normal and after a while you get used to it. But in the time it takes to swap from sword to staff, que a spell, cast a spell, swap to sword and board, parry (block), drink a potion, swap back to staff, que a spell, cast or heal.... Your opponent has done all of that twice, because each one of those actions has taken you extra time due to the delay every time you press a button. The extra 2 spells or melee hits you take while waiting for your other weapon to come out are often the biggest killers.

However, Darkfall is still the most amazing game I have ever played. It offers an experience unique to other games and there are a plethora of ways to enjoy it without being in the top 20% of pvpers. In group combat you may not be quite as effective as another player but you can still be the difference in winning or losing. You can still enjoy both pvp and pve with high ping if you manage your expectations a little.

Best advice is to try it yourself and see how you go. Find a clan to take you in and show you the ropes before you decide, hope this helped mate.

12. Karma

Karma Goblin Warrior

Is smoothping working? I had a life sub there byt cannot get into their website.

There is anothwr one called noping. It has 3 days free access.

13. RobTheAxe

RobTheAxe Goblin Warlord

fwiw i found Ping Zapper to provide better service and cheaper with a better UI than battle ping but not sure if it will help with these connections

14. Teclis

Teclis Undead Dwarf
    Supporter

let us know if anyone finds one and what server that helps

Lucan likes this.