Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

You (BPG) have made it impossible to like the game.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gatorsmash, Feb 14, 2021.

1. gatorsmash

gatorsmash Crypt Guard
    Legend

So I've got an hour or so to kill, I'll log in ON A SATURDAY NIGHT and see who is around-since I hadn't played in almost 4 years and the guys who convinced me to reinstall a month ago bailed- Lets see how it goes!

1- ride over to the Sage Grove to challenge for it from Shoal since there isn't really a easy way to get there if you don't own it. Mobs destroy it from underneath. WHY even have it in game if you cant be bothered to remove the mobs? Wouldn't that be better than having it destroyed all the time like apparently it is. What's the point of this?

2- recall back and bounce over to wolf lands for a village that is open, guy recalls before i can find him since I cant stop the village timer in time and you can recall (escape) loooong before the score finishes at 1200. Whats the point of having the Billboard show these villages if your never going to catch these people since recall isnt disabled during a cap? or give their name? who cares your not catching them at the village. Whats the point of this?

3- hit another billboard for the nearest open village, Hymland. Guy in a Infernal mage set swinging (or wearing) something worth x10 the village reward. What's the point of this? Even I don't want the reward and I hadn't played in 4 years. If I'm a new player(s) like my brother I'm trying to get play, what is this supposed to? encourage them that you guys cant figure out that without some type of gear cap for lawful villages with no risk in losing worn gear your going to get this? A returning player like myself, I LOL'd and never switched over from my bow in melee, because why? I'm there to shake the rust off in pvp but if I wanted to fight max'd geared guys I would go to the Chaldean villages solo. So whats the point of this?

I'm bound on an island, so I'm not looking to ride the Sang bank to safety and I put the day in caps because this server, based in NA is dead during NA times. Which I'm guessing now is not a coincidence. This current build is worse than original Darkfall which is hard to believe because I like a lot of your changes. But your mistakes or lack of forethought makes it impossible to like the game in its current state.

edit- and feel free to flame away because these are legit 'why would you do that' complaints, I have more but there isnt much point to posting them since nobody is playing this anyway and clearly thats not a problem with BPG

#1 gatorsmash, Feb 14, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    Myater likes this.
  2. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

You definitely want well geared players running around, Point #3 is invalid. Darkfall has never been a game about bringing players of equal gear together.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    CreZee likes this.
  3. Mahirim Godking

Mahirim Godking Goblin Shaman
    Loyal Benefactor Contributor

Holy shit this post. I really like the part where he hasnt played in four years and doesnt understand anything XD. Someone needs to tell him about billboards also.

CreZee likes this.
  4. Methodico

Methodico Infernal

yes, but don't you think it's strange that a person who has already played this game comes back and understands little or nothing? Think about a player who tries the game without ever playing it.

5. Mahirim Godking

Those players don't exist until asia :p

Methodico likes this.
  6. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

Paperdoll not dropping on death is possibly the worst thing for new players.

Sure, they don't lose their gear, but neither does anyone else which encourages people to roll around in what used to be called "siege gear" to a village capture worth 20,000.

Now that new player has to roll around in a 750,000 gp bag to stand a chance.

It's a dumb system.

CreZee and Mimitis TheOne like this.
  7. gatorsmash

gatorsmash Crypt Guard
    Legend

Its always been about risk vs reward, not some try hard's wet dream to roll around in siege gear completely safe like they have always dreamed about bank staring. You shouldn't be able to equip infernal (and the enchants to make it a mage set) and use the billboard to port to a Lawful village. Your telling the player base that the second highest armor tier is for running around in on the regular, when it was always for sieges or important fights.
    This is why the current BPG DF build is the way it is now, only people left playing are guys like Yomi who is near the top of PvP now, but doesn't even know which weapon to use in destroyer builds vs other heavies.
    Oh I understand everything, I'm asking WHY, now that I've seen it in action. Why the actual fuck would they do that, did BPG think something other than what is going on now would happen lol?

8. Jack_Bauer

Jack_Bauer Earth Elemental
    Wealthy Legend

9. Conqueror

Conqueror Goblin Shaman

^

10. Mahirim Godking

You insulted and complemented me in the same post? Obviously i would prefer to use hammers everytime against a destro. I dont know what ESP you have where you know every fight youre gonna get lol. And FYI you cannot port to a lawful village in a full infernal bag numbskull. If you really want to try hard and go to that village the old fashioned way you can. How is that any different then how it used to be in days of old? Atleast now the noobies aren't losing their entire bag. Obviously the games not for you man.

11. gatorsmash

gatorsmash Crypt Guard
    Legend

It wasn't a complement. It was a comment on the population left after horrendous changes.

It was a mage bag which 90% of the population is wearing of various tier, not full infernal. You shouldn't even be able to use the Billboard with infernal on to a lawful village tile, or what's the point of having pvp with training wheels in the first place. GC is vastly superior now since GS is shorter and PA doesn't have the knock back so you can't even kite with it between swings which made it viable, not a last resort for high pingers --All unnecessary changes since GC was great going back to DF1, The grind just stopped people from using it. And if anybody in BPG had actually pvp' at the end of DF1 they wouldalready know this stuff---

All things a 5 yr old with crayons would know. Either they fix some nonsense or this has zero shot of having more that the 20 guys during NA prime time im seeing now. This is coming from somebody easily entertained in Darkfall, I played new dawn for fuck sakes and that was Aids.

12. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

Gear is just a symptom of the economy being completely fucked and the population being unsustainably low to drive competition. It used to be gear was part of what stratified the skill and risk levels of the game. Players that weren't as good or had less time to play could invest less and find like equipped players to fight in areas that gave rewards appropriate to that gear level. It also mean that newbie hives generally had loot that made them not worth killing to most people for reasons other than just to be a big meanie head. That is been completely gone for most of RoA's existence. There hasn't been enough population to drive scarcity so anyone and everyone can get what they need for what used to be siege bags in DFO. There also isn't enough PvP in general due to low pop, which drives people to PvP outside thier skill/risk zone a lot more (because they are desperate for ANY PvP) which generally ends badly and doesn't provide much fun for the loser which just exasperates the problem as they quit playing because they can never find a 'good fight' or even an entertaining one. Another issue is when the pop is super low and you can only count on one maybe two fights a night, you gear up in your best because why wouldn't you maximize your win chances when you only get to even fight once a day?

Low population, especially sustained low population has and will never result in a functional economy in DFO/RoA no matter what else they do to the game. More players = better economy = more pvp/competition = less max gear everywhere.

13. Itwas Luck

Itwas Luck Air Elemental

yo, lava lanes?

14. The Red King

The Red King Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

LOL Hymland was me lol and It was a typical Infernal mage bag, 3 piece. Siege bag lol, I had a Q3 R60 and whatever that new red staff is with a Q3 enchant. The game caps you are Tier 4 for Lawful so not sure why this guy is crying. He raged at me for like 20 minutes complaining about gear. I told him to wear his best at Lawful since you CANT lose it. So why not???? Like Scrubby said, I have literally 400 of these bags, and maybe 60 dragon mage bags if I wanted. This set was nothing.

TLDR: The guy is dumb and rages

Mahirim Godking likes this.
  15. Mahirim Godking

This guy attacking the staff for not know anything about pvp and thinks the reason hammers are superior is because of reach.

16. Kilset

Kilset Black Knight
    Hero

we sincerely need a wipe/reset back to Original DFO economy/mob spawns. The economy had the largest hit from villages flooding everyone's inventory from a lack of competition at villages, more villages went live than groups of players out there fighting for them.

if the devs want to have a real civil discussion about economy and how a wipe can improve the game drastically then it can be discussed but we need open ears and willingness to do so. If it isn't obvious enough the forums/discord had picked up 10 fold just from rumors alone of another DF server being launched before the official announcement. BPG are sitting on a real gem of a game but they need to be open minded about the games future as well.

We simply have to admit DFO did nearly everything better. Of course, we are all extremely appreciative of BPG having the balls to bring back DF, but if they want to turn this into something where they can continue to make $ then we have to return to our roots, and take some of the things we have added to DF (land towers/capping villages with control points and ui)

I'm personally open to having a discussion with the devs, I think several of the ideas I've presented in the past represent many vets desires and hopes for the game and I simply just want to go back to my favorite MMO.

#16 Kilset, Feb 14, 2021
  17. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Varangian Warthane
    Contributor

I used to wonder why you only post "Lol" on posts all the time.

I'm starting to get it now.

Fengor likes this.
  18. gatorsmash

gatorsmash Crypt Guard
    Legend

Let me get the crayons out lol, since this is population playing now.

"Mage infernal bag" is what I was referring too, its what I literally corrected the guy 2 posts in for miss quoting me. And I laughed at you which in RoA is raging now lol /shrug.

*crayon* my ire was that infernal is considered tier 4 for porting directly to a village that gives out starter level crafting mats. On a tier porting system that starts at tier 3....what are they using the first two tiers for? Why the fuck would BPG even set it up like that? I have a clan bank with 4 years of infernal and dragon everybody else has, but why would the staff encourage me to wear it vs new players and why would I even want to.
    *crayon* Great Clubs ( and GA) have a higher base damage per rank vs GS that was the trade off for being slower....and because BPG went the lazy route and just shortened the reach but didn't bother adjusting the physical protections for GC that were already lower then GS or GA they are significantly better in all aspects. PA the same thing, highest base damage per rank vs lowest 2 hander protections, completely useless in pvp (except for a high ping last resort) because if BPG had any clue or had asked someone knowledgeable, removed knockback was crucial to circle 8 use in fighting and while irritating sticky backing with, you can't use them now.

And just a FYI, all that stuff above is basic knowledge to just about any pvp'r who played DF. I'm not exactly posting uncovered secrets. I totally see why vets left and people refuse to return now.

Edit- and if this comes across as hostile toward the staff I apologise, but this stuff is like basic information even if you didn't know going in could discover just playing the game

#18 gatorsmash, Feb 14, 2021
  19. YapYapYap

YapYapYap Deadeye

Wanna get knocked out?

20. CreZee

CreZee Air Elemental
    Loyal Supporter

I personally think the devs should do some more lawful village scaling. There shouldn't be a reason to allow people to ride to lawful villages in siege bags and participate in the fight. I think they should zone the area off and anyone above full plate or r50s shouldn't be allowed to unsheath their weapons or something. The entire premise of the lawful villages was for new players to learn the game, not get sent to pound town by some nerd in infernal/dragon that has been playing forever.