Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

You Have Become Good!

Discussion in 'Rise of Agon Videos' started by Zorak, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

At least you're using the 3 mount meta to fight instead of run away like 90% of the server when losing a fight.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    strangereligion likes this.
  2. Avarious

Avarious Wildtribe Mage
    Supporter

One of the issues and really the only one I have personally with it is the fact the more often that not you cant block the attacks because for some reason or another the hits register as back hit even when the mounted player stands still facing your shield. Hence making the attacks unblockable and other time you can block the hits.

That's a big issue considering its a bug and it makes counter play versus mounted somewhat unpredictable. one moment you can block the hit the next you get hit for a 60 +

3. Reptar

Reptar Fire Elemental
    Legend

I've never been flawlessed on a mount. You're playing it wrong m8.

Oresmacker and Fengor like this.
  4. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

He wears nothing, goes back to the risk vs reward argument too strong for almost no risk

Buffalo Spaceman likes this.
  5. Ringo Starr

Ringo Starr Deadeye

See all the vids of mages in a robe? If you go by that Destro is the only way to play that really is well balanced risk reward. Because risking a blackbolt and 500 regs is really the samea s risking 3 mounts and a rank 40-50 1h sword..

Fawley, ijharb and ForFun like this.
  6. Circa

Circa Black Knight
    Legend

He's not mad, he's simply saying mounts are op and retarded which no one can say otherwise, the writings on the wall.

7. imEFFINcrazyMAN

imEFFINcrazyMAN Goblin Scout

This. Also there's some instances which seem to be a bug or maybe an exploit where you can get essentially stuck and juggled on the front of the mount(long enough to go from full to 0) without being able to move away or parry. Fix those issues and it would be fine.

8. ogresk

ogresk Goblin Shaman
    Legend

You have to know how to block a mount... It's not a bug if I can block 100% of a mounted persons attack.

I think mounted combat is OK, just majority of people don't know how to fight against it

9. Franchise

Franchise Fire Elemental
    Supporter

15-20 degree's left or right of center and the mounted player's swing's go through the shield by registering as a back hit. There is a bug and it's existed since df1.

Circa and Avarious like this.
  10. Frog

Frog Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

11. LunaryaSol

LunaryaSol Goblin Warrior
    Legend ANN Reporter

What I see is people call focus on the mount instead of the rider, disable them and focus spells/arrows, they have to get off to heal or run away.

12. ogresk

ogresk Goblin Shaman
    Legend

I've never had an issue with a mounted player ever. Jumpshot archery and parry parallel if needed and that's it.

Ogrinn likes this.
  13. Avarious

Avarious Wildtribe Mage
    Supporter

This is exactly what I was talking about.
    Unless it is some special trick that I'm unaware of swings can go straight through your shield while facing the mounted even during a standstill so it has nothing to do with latency.

Korag likes this.
  14. Franchise

Franchise Fire Elemental
    Supporter

All I'm saying is fix the bug. You are saying it's not a bug when it is. It's nice to see it come back, but when someone pulls out their shield to parry it should parry as long as the damage is coming from the direction they're intending to block.

Oresmacker, Fengor and Korag like this.
  15. Avarious

Avarious Wildtribe Mage
    Supporter

Can't say that I have died to a mounted player since the very start of me playing in the original but the point stands there is a bug allows for swings to bypass blocking and counting as back hits when both targets are facing eachother.

16. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

Mahirim GodKing(Animal aka me) also does mounted combat.

It's just quicker to kill people off mounts in most situations. Mounts only shine in 1v1's in my opinion.
    --- Post updated ---
    @Zorak I can't believe none of these whiney bitches ever disabled you and did a quick ray focus in those team fights. It's like we're playing against amateurs like @imEFFINcrazyMAN.

Inkarnation likes this.
  17. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

I do not care for the robes thing being strong either but one does not excuse the other and a mage isn't hitting for 90 in the back

18. imEFFINcrazyMAN

imEFFINcrazyMAN Goblin Scout

It's not even really worth comparing because it's not apples to apples but In addition, for a mage to be effective in those robes versus anyone worth a shit they probably had to have spent a lot of time grinding and are probably pretty decent at the game.

Circa and Korag like this.
  19. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

You should hop on a mount and let us know if it enables you to kill people quicker or actually hinders your gameplay. I'd be interested to hear the first hand experience from a person that thinks it's overpowered and simple. (Granted.. we all know you won't because you enjoy the idea of having two mounts for running away, rather than two mounts for fighting ;) )

Inkarnation and Fawley like this.
  20. sup

sup Akathar
    Legend

He probably sucks, but there is still an obvious and repeatable bug where you get hit in the back when parrying and attacked from the front.

Oresmacker likes this.