Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

You have until July 17th to sort the server lag

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Akasha, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Akasha

Akasha Goblin Warrior

or a very large portion of us will say fuck it and go play Albion Online until new dawn. Obviously AO cannot replace darkfall, but this isn't darkfall. Every ....single....engagement is affected drastically by the server lag. Every single one. I can't even sit in a populated teamspeak channel for more than 10 minutes without hearing someone freak out over server lag. The majority of us wanted RoA to be the successful Darkfall publisher, not New Dawn, but this is out of control.

We all know its the persistence system, well anyone who knows anything about why servers lag does. You need to ditch it if you can't fix it and sooner rather than later. I know of at least 20 people *who knows how many accounts that is considering me and wife are 4 ourselves* , who are not paying another sub after this one runs out if its still around.

Its gotta go. Its not your servers themselves. Its your code. The fact is the same exact dupe that this was supposed to protect us from still exists. I watched it happen just 3 days ago. Of course the server doesn't crash 10 times a day so its not really exploitable but its clear that the dupe is unfixable so ditch the system that is causing all of us untold grief causing server lag every time it is saving. Night after night is just people logging off disgusted with it. Darkfalls great , its not so great that we can't do other things, and you have a competitor. DITCH your fucking persistence system.

Juicy likes this.
  2. Trytard

Trytard Goblin Scout

I'm not getting any lag

:grin::grin::grin:

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Bloodscar

Bloodscar Cairn Giant
    Legend

4. Grimtrove

Grimtrove Skeleton Archer
    Hero

The lack of content in Albion online is actually astounding.

Sorry for bumping the shitpost. I was planning on talking more smack.

Also, tldr.

5. curseorange

curseorange Goblin Scout

Albion online sucks

TryHard, Rawr and Grimtrove like this.
  6. otoan

otoan Undead Dwarf
    Loyal

PUBG doesn't suck though.

7. dempig

dempig Goblin Warrior
    Supporter

Is it just me or is all the crying just a huuuuge over exaggeration? Sure theres lag, but it lasts maybe 10 seconds and happens about once an hour

Stoned, Snoogens, sasser.exe and 2 others like this.
  8. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

It's plenty of them blaming everything on the server lag. Yeah, it's bad, but not to a point where you can die as you try to bunny hop. I can't remember the last time that i've failed a begone due to server lag. Beside, bunny hopping is server-side so you can't fail 1 hop because of that.

Server lag is not worse than fizzle. Back-then, we were right to blame everything on fizzle.

The only issue i have with server lag is when you push melee. But as i said once, if you lag, they will lag as-well. So as you are missing, they are most-likely missing too and if that's not the case, well, your melee is just not as good as you think it is.

If you shoot projectiles, your spells will disappear, but if your aim is good, it will re-appear right on your target. The only problem here is the follow-up after that. For example, a server lag on a fire-ball will result-in you not knowing that you just knock'd up your opponent.

ROA beta, i once killed a destroyer who was whacking me at the bank from full to 25%. I wasnt ready, i was naked with a full pvp bag on me. I turn around, ice-storm, i'm still low. I heal a little, i exchange in melee against him. Ironically, it wasn't an exchange.

I won in melee. I pm'd him after that, telling him to never destro again. He told me that it was server-lag. It was a blatant lie because there was 0 server lag during that fight.

sasser.exe and TryHard like this.
  9. Clarence Swamptown

Clarence Swamptown Black Knight
    Legend

Really nice story.

10. Akasha

Akasha Goblin Warrior

youre fucking nutz lol

Navlaan likes this.
  11. WyLd_SyDe

WyLd_SyDe Spellgazer
    Legend

It's been explained multiple times there are different server nodes that people are assigned to lol, someone else may lag while you dont.The lag is atrocious, especially to a community mainly full of add hyper-competititve min maxers. I don't agree that we need a new tears thread threatening this or that every day but something has to be done and soon or the game will die, it's bled around 50% of it's player base so far in my probably dumb estimation

Dufer, Sique, Rawr and 1 other person like this.
  12. Rawr

Rawr Chosen of Khamset

They just posted saying they have a fix on the test server, so expect it to be patched in this coming week, provided things are stable.

**EDIT**: https://forums.darkfallriseofagon.com/threads/next-patch.12645/#post-179317

And Wyld you said it best (sorry I just quoted and cut off my entire post about it), but this is exactly the truth, some people are experiencing it and some people aren't. It will get fixed, we just need to give it a bit of time. Tracking down the problem was the hard part.

#12 Rawr, Jun 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
    TryHard and WyLd_SyDe like this.
  13. Biceps

Biceps Infernal
    Legend

actually it does.

14. AbyssWalker

AbyssWalker Air Elemental
    Supporter

fuck off new dawn begone stamina drain shit mute report

15. Jakyocaw

Jakyocaw Goblin Warrior

idk man had a fight in niff today, and 4 enemies witness while i'm casting begone the server delay hits and after 3ish seconds the begone casts while i'm running and pushes me backwards into them lol. Shit happens though, it's good they may have found a fix.

kilrath81 and Korag like this.
  16. jakobmillah

jakobmillah Earth Elemental

Albion Online.... HAH.

That game has been in development for many years and content wise, it has nothing.

DarkGhost25 and Fengor like this.
  17. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

I can. like 3 times yesterday I failed a water hop cause of the delay and either going backwards or forward

#17 Korag, Jun 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  18. Lord Zanuul

Lord Zanuul Spellgazer
    Legend

Be careful .. Using the A.D.D. term seems to hit a nerve with those kids

19. Bladra

Bladra Chosen of Khamset
    Tester Contributor

Anyone who ditches RoA for Albion regardless of delay, is probably just a glutton for punishment.

That game literally rehashed the same fixes over and over again for like 5-6 beta/alphas and will probably make another set of big changes before release. Tie that in with how you really don't have much of a goal in that game and gvg content amounts to hours of prep for 15-60 minutes of fighting.

Projected life of Albion 6-12 months optimistically assuming the get real content released.

Fengor likes this.
  20. donutkebab

donutkebab Goblin Warrior

Uhm I have to: You are talking about DF or RoA, right?

lol, seriously tho, you can say similar things about DF's "end game".

otoan likes this.