Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Your flagging system review from a battle saint

Discussion in 'Rise of Agon Videos' started by Yomi Scythetalon, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Oak Lord
    Wealthy Streamer Contributor Legend

2. Stik

Stik Goblin Warrior
    Contributor

yeah, im not logging in anymore until the system is fixed, waste of time.
    didn't play this for deathmatch gameplay.

3. Squanto

Squanto Black Knight
    Legend

You guys are falling for BPG's trap.... AGAIN.

Remember how they made dogshit changes everyone bitched about then they spent an entire year making xml changes slowly semi-reverting it? Yeah, this is round 2 of that.

Log out, Uninstall, Delete your binds, and never give them another penny until they add some new shit or shut down. Everyone is fucking sick of this shit, nothing has changed.

Scrubby Bear and Inkarnation like this.
  4. Yomi Scythetalon

done, now what do I do?

5. Fenrir Frauki

Fenrir Frauki Akathar
    Loyal Supporter

I couldn't believe it either, I think the best way to get them to revert this change is if people just stop logging in.

It's like I said, it's a huge insult to all of us loyal people who have played/followed this game for so many years.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Scrapnotcrap likes this.
  6. Yomi Scythetalon

Any other hardcore games out there? Since this one is no longer hardcore.

Fenrir Frauki likes this.
  7. Squanto

Squanto Black Knight
    Legend

you are now free.

The world is your oyster. We're currently playing Hunt and Snare while waiting for RoA to shut down and DF5 (aka DF2020) to launch.

Lets hope BPG respect the DNR that DF has and let it die/reincarnite. Its disrespectful to keep it on life support in a vegetative state and hold it hostage for the next year until they can no longer justify throwing money at it. I hope they realize soon that they aren't the right team for the job, and that the game will never succeed with them at the wheel.

8. Yomi Scythetalon

You fucking lied and said you'd get animal to play with. I'll never forgive you for that.

9. Squanto

Squanto Black Knight
    Legend

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you weren't in Blackwater I'd offer you a spot in our pirate roster.

10. Yomi Scythetalon

ohhh bucko i'm not in blackwater lol

11. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Earth Elemental
    Contributor

Once ROA is done there will never be another DF. People quit after launch because it was the same game and that's when they reacted and started making changes to try to hold on, but it only slowed the bleed of players and people were not returning.

You are delusional if you think DF could make it without major changes and the risk isn't worth it for any team that is capable of doing it in any reasonable amount of time.

MerleisAirdburne likes this.
  12. Yomi Scythetalon

I think everyone agrees things need to change. Things that DON'T need changed are the core mechanics such as combat and full loot that makes the game fun. Things that the game actually needs is content. Champions were a good thing added to the game. I like the new VCP system as well. Combat tweaks, flagging systems......unwanted and not asked for. How about more quests worth doing from NPCs, or a revamp of dungeons (currently a feature in this game no one does because its barren and not worth anyone's time). Or trade routes still not worth the time investment.

I think most would agree stop messing with what makes this game fun and focus on adding more things for us to do.
    --- Post updated ---
    I would also argue there needs to be small group objectives as well. Something like only 3-5 people can enter a dungeon from the same alliance, granted dungeons were worth doing. This is to combat an overwhelming force such as BW. Sure you won't be winning sieges with a small clan but there should be content focused on small clans to be able to achieve.

Ikaika Koa likes this.
  13. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Infernal
    Loyal Legend

It's ok guys, Rex and Rhy said it's a good change, so it's ok.

14. ThiefGarrett

Contributor

Actually a lot of players asked for combat changes. People tend to forget that there were loads of people asking for removal of magefall, removal of grind, and lots of other things that the few remaining people today say, "no one asked for". Where do you think they got the idea to make those changes? When you start out with a decent looking population and they drop like flies making comments about combat and grind you get changes about combat and grind. They wanted those players back. Realistically though most people don't come back after that. Sure, they could make changes that only the hard core people like, but do you honestly think there are enough of us to keep the server going? Fuck no, dude. Get real. Maybe if they ran the fucking thing on a raspberry pi from Wisconsin.

I'm getting jaded myself and it's not because of the changes. It's because I know it doesn't matter what changes are made. It's just not going to work out. Not enough people interested.

15. Yomi Scythetalon

Even when you lose, its like....huh lemme just replace some weps real quick.
    --- Post updated ---
    where are these people that asked for changes? Not playing? Hmm
    --- Post updated ---
    If i was in leading this company Id iron the bugs out that i could, wipe the game, relaunch on steam with some serious advertising and focus on advertising. Thats the last hail mary they have at this point. Us die hard fans can't keep the game afloat forever. I can't even recruit noobies because theres no pool of them to recruit from.

16. Squanto

Squanto Black Knight
    Legend

Just because BPG and ND couldn't do it doesn't mean no one is able to do it. Both of these games just made the original DFO version worse. They made either too little or too many changes at launch and had to many problems and it killed the game. This game could be huge, and it doesn't take much to get it there.

The Red King likes this.
  17. ThiefGarrett

Contributor

That's the point, they left because of those issues and that's whey they made the changes hoping to get them back. I don't think you're dumb and it doesn't take a marketing genius to realize why they made the changes. Hardcore games like this, as DF was, just don't work out though. It doesn't matter how much we sit here and speculate, history tells us that's true.

UO? easy to get gear.
    EVE? Safe* areas
    Albion? Safe areas

BPG tried making it easier to get gear and the hardcore complained. They tried making skills easier to get, and I didn't like that one, the hard core complained. Bring in some safe areas, the hard core complain.

You guys don't want changes? Pay them 100$ month for your subscriptions and tell them not to worry about getting new customers and just do what you want. Otherwise they're going to do what they can think of to get new players and truly hard core mmos don't last.
    --- Post updated ---
    Not while trying to hold onto what you guys feel is so dear. No one will make that work.

18. Yomi Scythetalon

Bud making the game worse was wrong. They overdid combat. And it was for nothing. The people who complained about it were people who didn't level their toons or didn't actively try to get better at the game. Thats not the games fault. I was a shit tier for many years before I decided i'd like to get a little more competitive. But trying to cater to people who don't play the game and won't play the game even if you did change things to appease them were wrong.

This game has already shown a trend in starting off strong and losing memberships the longer its up. One of the biggest reasons for this is due to no one know this game existed. And people still don't know this game exists. Look at these forums, 33k members.........you advertise this game and release on steam you're going to quadruple that easy. Not every game is for every player. The game mechanics were fine before combat changes the pool of players has and always will be too small for serious testing.

19. lamigra

lamigra Windlord
    Supporter

They just needed to make the area around sanguine a total safe zone then the rest pvp zone with a timer going into the safe zone to avoid abuse. This will help new players and BPG can make a tutorial area of out that as well.

Making so many flagging options and loot option areas becomes even more confusing for new players.

Jean-Claude and Ikaika Koa like this.
  20. Yomi Scythetalon

dyes look pretty dope though, the crafting of said dyes is highly retarded however. If i wanted to dye my armor green i should go farm some green mob and wait for it to drop from said mob. Easy done next.

Ikaika Koa and Fenrir Frauki like this.