Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Your flagging system review from a battle saint

Discussion in 'Rise of Agon Videos' started by Yomi Scythetalon, Dec 22, 2019.

1. BeatIt

BeatIt Eodrin
    Loyal Legend

Tx yomi this made my day.

i said it before and ima say it again, they dont play and dont understand there f game.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Stik

Stik Goblin Warrior
    Contributor

Albion emphasizes it a lot more, but even eve has an extreme risk v reward system for safe and unsafe areas. I make 1b/hr/too. ratting in a wormhole compared to 200m/toon at best grinding incursions with a fleet of 40 in his.
    If this game wanted to properly do safezones in mainlands they need to rework the risk v reward, and even then with portal shards there would be no reason to ever just not live in those safe cities and tp around to where you wanna go. The game is fundamentally not setup to work effectively that say, and as a result, balancing high value mines etc aside, it just doesn’t work nearly as well as those other games. The best you could do in that direction is outside of cities on the mainland is no loot, and that still leaves you to flag the players hitting champs as rogue, and you’ve got about the best you’re going to get if that’s the route you want to take for a game that prides itself about being a full loot pvp game.

Blaze and Sero like this.
  3. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Earth Elemental
    Contributor

Yep I also believe the risk levels need to be reworked. That's what feedback is for. Volfen and I were just discussing removing/moving mines in another thread, that would be a good start. Perhaps gold drop can be lowered in yellow/blue, increased in red to make the difference more extreme. Same with other items.

Porting is a problem, but that could be solved by disabling the ability to teleport between zone types. This would put value on holdings nearest each type for portal access, and also create a portal like network of the chaos stones.

4. Squanto

Squanto Black Knight
    Legend

Ever heard of the KISS philosophy? Keep it simple stupid. BPG and many people such as yourself make things/try to make things overly complicated for no reason. Flagging is dumb, just have a full safezone island/area. All of the porting stuff your talking about is overly complicated. Add wilderness pchambers (copy clan portal chambers) and add 1 to each racial area and 1 to each sub continent. Done.

There needs to be more reason to go out in the world and do shit and pvp/players will come. You are right about removing or reworking mines, passive income from afking isnt a good idea unless its really really rare. When you say there are no hardcore players who would put up with the changsa we want, your wrong. Look at all of the people who play atlas, rust, conan, ect... there are lots of people who want to play full loot pvp games who dont mind a little grind if their shit has persistence. They dont know about the game because every company who has run df has been braindead and either not advertised or has wasted moneu om dumb shit like 20 year old mmo sites that no one has ever heard of, and shit facebook advertising. The game has a lot of issues with binds/UI/new player experience that turns away new players who do find the game, and no company had resolved that. Thats literally the only 3 things this game needs.

Safezone for noobs/pve players, new player experience and ui/bind changes, and content.

5. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Anyone wanna go live on Yssam? Oh wait I don't need to when I can bind out of sanguine and use my runebook.

6. BeatIt

BeatIt Eodrin
    Loyal Legend

this right there is the fucking main problem the team suck

#26 BeatIt, Dec 23, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
    MaxiHori, Ikaika Koa, Degamra and 2 others like this.
  7. ThiefGarrett

Contributor

I too thought the rise of survival games was a sign that hard core mmos were really wanted, but that's not the case. They are different types of games.

Everyone has their secret ingredient that will magically make this game worth a million dollars, but be real, it's all bullshit.

8. Fenrir Frauki

Fenrir Frauki Akathar
    Loyal Supporter

Thats crazy 33k people were interested in this game and they are still trying to cater to MMO neophytes instead of getting any of those people back. That's just straight-up insulting to everyone who has ever played Darkfall.

I'm guessing at least 1/3rd of those members were all active at launch. I even randomly met someone before IRL who was playing at the start, one of my friends roommates was a first time Darkfall player on RoA and he didnt find out about it from me. It's baffling to me that they are trying to get people who are completely green & think they will enjoy the game in it's current state... I feel like most of this games target audience has at least heard of the game by now.

Ikaika Koa likes this.
  9. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Thats because it has. People who think "advertising" is going to work are just desperate.

10. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Infernal
    Loyal Legend

I didn't realize the game could drop any further but it's more dead than usual. Like rotting in the grave 6 feet under? Maybe just 3 feet under.... not sure.

11. Degamra

Degamra Winterbound
    Hero

Games toast :bread:

12. MEATGRIND

MEATGRIND Goblin Shaman

Wait ... so you mean that if you get killed by another player in a "blue" area, then you are lose nothing? :eek:
    Even if the player killing you is a red player? :eek:

13. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Oak Lord
    Wealthy Streamer Contributor Legend

you don't lose anything on your paperdoll or equipped weapon
    --- Post updated ---
    so when i farm im always in a 400k or better bag my loot will never be worth what my paperdoll is risking

14. ThiefGarrett

Contributor

But if you're not risking your paperdoll then your loot is always worth more than your paperdoll is risking. Plus you're out farming in a good bag instead of trash most people usually farm in.

15. The Red King

The Red King Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

How does it handle multiple weapons if you die to a red in a yellow zone? You would lose either your staff or your sword right? Or do they consider that paper doll somehow?

16. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

What are you farming on mainland that is worth the duraloss of a 400k bag?

Marxman likes this.
  17. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

Champs :p

Yomi Scythetalon likes this.
  18. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Oak Lord
    Wealthy Streamer Contributor Legend

You dont lose whatever weapon you have equipped when you die.

19. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Yea how long you think thats guna last?